Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew a place where they converted the sky's manual top to automatic top? Thats the only think I HATE about the car... how can it not be automatic!!!??? they should atleast put it as option...

·
Registered
192 Posts
James if you've ever owned a small roadster you would feel it a waste to pay for an automatic top. I have owned a 99 Maita since Arpil 98 and would not have had it any other way. Just my two cents from a retired old fart. Just enjoy whatever you get.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya... but it looks so ugly how you move it with your hands. Also, half the fun is pressing that little button and having the top open....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Kid's! This is a roadster. Next you'll be complaining that it doesn't have room in the back for a baby seat.:lol:

This is a poor mans roadster. If you want the features of an S2000 then pay the extra $15-$20K.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You can't expect everything from the cheapest Roadsters on the road. There are currently no known companies working on automatic tops for the Sol/Sky.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
ya... but it looks so ugly how you move it with your hands. Also, half the fun is pressing that little button and having the top open....
So it will look nicer raised by a machine that most likely will use up the last of your trunk space....:confused:
Oh and the top will be off (down) most of the time anyway.:D
Another thing -- it gives you a chance to "fuss" over the car -- to make sure you attract attention.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
I was wondering if anyone knew a place where they converted the sky's manual top to automatic top? Thats the only think I HATE about the car... how can it not be automatic!!!??? they should atleast put it as option...
Well if you want to add weight and about $2000 to the cost of each car they may design one.....
If you don;t like it you can buy something else that has a automatic top, there are options out there....heck until last year the Corvette convertible was manual, and even now the power top is a $1995 option along with having to buy the 3LT option package to make it available, and that adds another $3000 to the price...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brentil said:
You can't expect everything from the cheapest Roadsters on the road. There are currently no known companies working on automatic tops for the Sol/Sky.
so will there be companies later on?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
I doubt it...you are the only one who cares. They would only sell one kit.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
At my age the extra exercise is good. It can be classed as exercise.... can't it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
:thumbs:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
CdnSkyGuy said:

its a simple question... yes or no? why do you have to offend people about a simple question...

i really dont get people who come on forums and try to pick fights or just post up stupid comments that resolve nothing...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
since these are very low volumn cars I really doubt anyone would go to the expense to develop a power top system.. If they did the cost would probably be very prohibitive for most normal owners to afford...

But since none of us can see into the future your guess is as good as anyone's

PS speaking of offending people I think you did it first with some of your comments about the sky and it;s top

but it looks so ugly how you move it with your hands.
People on here are very passionate about this car and saying things like ugly and Hate is very offensive... couldn't you have just asked a simple question without insulting the car?

·
Registered
107 Posts
No, and don't be offended, poser of the query. There is zen in the manaul lowering of the top, and something inheirently feminine about the auto version.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
Generation GAPS

What we have here r generations that have a history of motoring...and the X generation which want a push button....always remember and this applies to most everything mechanical...LESS is MORE (FUN)

MarlboroMike

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
It's about to become a classic roadster. Get over the power thing.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
WDI-SKY said:
No, and don't be offended, poser of the query. There is zen in the manaul lowering of the top, and something inheirently feminine about the auto version.
Ditto:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Skip....:cool:

·
Registered
326 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
its a simple question... yes or no? why do you have to offend people about a simple question...

i really dont get people who come on forums and try to pick fights or just post up stupid comments that resolve nothing...
Your correct , however this is a forum of discussion and you will get some meaningless replies along with informative replies. This forum is not what it once was as you will see in time. This car has power windows but nobody said leave them off so I can save $300 bucks so why not a power top for those who choose to want it. Obviously Honda thought it was worth doing. Anyway JamesHKim87 keep posting and dont think twice about it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:

What do you expect...we are all lifers here, I have been waiting for a small sporty Saturn ever since the Curve.

For someone to come on here and say it looks ugly because the top is manual is blasphemy. Our lord and saviour KappaMan should strike you down for having such a thought.

I did not mean to "pick a fight" I just call it like I see it...you are truly the only person who ever gave a rats ass if it had a power top or not.

So sorry for offending you...let's just agree to disagree.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
twirp said:
Your correct , however this is a forum of discussion and you will get some meaningless replies along with informative replies. This forum is not what it once was as you will see in time. This car has power windows but nobody said leave them off so I can save $300 bucks so why not a power top for those who choose to want it. Obviously Honda thought it was worth doing. Anyway JamesHKim87 keep posting and dont think twice about it.
If he had asked the simple question instead of insulting the car maybe he would not have gotten the answer he did..... There are good ways and bad ways to ask a question, he chose a bad way is all.
By the way 300 dollars for power windows is alot different than 2000 dollars for a power top...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts