Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
People on here are very passionate about this car and saying things like ugly and Hate is very offensive... couldn't you have just asked a simple question without insulting the car?
true true i didnt think about the "car," haha my apologies. but honestly... the car looks like it costs a lot more then it actually is and i was thinking it would look a lot more slick if it had an automatic top, on top of the "hot" design.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
true true i didnt think about the "car," haha my apologies. but honestly... the car looks like it costs a lot more then it actually is and i was thinking it would look a lot more slick if it had an automatic top, on top of the "hot" design.
lol... nice save there man - good rewording! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
are you sure it costs 2000 dollars? BMW z4 has an option for automatic top for 750 dollars.
I was just going by what it costs on the corvette convertible, see it has a hard tonneau also the the operation is more complex than just lowering the top

·
Registered
802 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
are you sure it costs 2000 dollars? BMW z4 has an option for automatic top for 750 dollars.
By the questions and by the wording, I would say someone here has a lot of lifes disappointments ahead of the them. The engineering alone is not worth it due to the clamshell design. Someone out there is being very very optimistic with $2000 price. You can't always get what you want, no matter what you think. You want this option? buy a car with it. Go Away!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
eldeeko said:
By the questions and by the wording, I would say someone here has a lot of lifes disappointments ahead of the them. The engineering alone is not worth it due to the clamshell design. Someone out there is being very very optimistic with $2000 price. You can't always get what you want, no matter what you think. You want this option? buy a car with it. Go Away!
another case of useless information...

btw... i dont care if you think its not worth the engineering because it is to me. Also, how would you know i have a lot of lifes disappointments ahead of me? how about your life... i dont think your life is so great insulting a 19 year old over a 24 grand car, ESPECIALLY when your 40+ years older then me...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
I guess you would be happy then if it cost as much as it looks like it should?
I would much rather have a car that looks like a 40,000 dollar car that cost $25,000 than a 40,000 dollar car that costs 40,000 dollars...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:
:thumbs:

I guess it just comes down to cost! This car is supposed to be competitive with the Miata. In almost every way it is close to it in function, options and price. Take a look at the specs of both cars.

The S2000 has a lot of nice options. I considered it. It looks good and is powerful. It has lots of toys. Toys that have to be paid for. The S2000 in Canada starts at $48K. The Sky starts at $31K. The Sky all in is less than the starting price of the S2000.

I can't afford the Z4's and S2000's or the Vip's. I (we) can afford the Sky and the car looks like a million dollar to boot. That's a bonus for us.

I suspect there will be lots of 3rd party stuff the the Kappa based cars. Lets hope they advertize here!:cheers:

It isn't impossible that someone will come up with a power option for the roof of the Sky. It just takes enough people willing to pay the price.

Someone here told me it would be impossible to modify the doors. Those Lambo doors look kool and they are a kit.

Thanks for joining our forum. Sorry you got jumped on. We are a little on edge right now. :cool:

·
Registered
820 Posts
GUYS? We are all forgetting one thing. The top folds into the trunk to make the car unique. For the top to auto fold into the trunk they would have to weigh the car down with something strong enough to lift the trunk up. Because the trunk opens backward the vehicle would need to be at a complete stop anyway. Why not just get our and manually put the top up and down yourself... and save the weight. I'd rather have a 2800lb car that handles well and has decent pick-up then a 3500lb roadster that is passed by my grandma's LeSabre pulling from a light.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
A power top would be cool but not necessary. It also save weight and keeps the car at a 50/50 weight distribution. :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
JamesHKim87 said:

btw... i dont care if you think its not worth the engineering because it is to me. Also, how would you know i have a lot of lifes disappointments ahead of me? how about your life... i dont think your life is so great insulting a 19 year old over a 24 grand car, ESPECIALLY when your 40+ years older then me...
Try and give someone a lifetime of experience and they crap in your hand!
A for spelling
F for logic
(entire thread is mostly usless information from the beginning)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
True roadster's don't have automatic tops!! Cadillac's & Continental"s do!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :D Young whipper snapper, of course we all knew everything about everything when we were young now didn't we?:lol: :lol:

I was headin' for the "Nam when I was that age.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
rick112 said:
:thumbs:

Someone here told me it would be impossible to modify the doors. Those Lambo doors look kool and they are a kit.
:cool:
I think who said that was confusing "gullwing" doors with lambo doors. Gullwing doors (hinged to the roof of the car) would be impossible because this is a convertible but lambo doors are totally doable. I have already been in contact with a few lambo door makers. they try to sell me the "universal" kit which involves cutting and welding. not something I'm going to do. If they see a demand they will build a custom kit just for the sky which usually (but not always) means you can install it without having to do any permanent changes to the car. but for now, i haven't seen anything for the sol. i think some vendors will not build things for us do to the low production numbers. They might not make enough money to warrant the R&D.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ernest said:
True roadster's don't have automatic tops!! Cadillac's & Continental"s do!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :D Young whipper snapper, of course we all knew everything about everything when we were young now didn't we?:lol: :lol:

I was headin' for the "Nam when I was that age.:thumbs:
one thing you ol timers need to understand is that not everyone interested in the sky is old enough to have been in "Nam". you are going to have to learn to accomodate all types of car enthusiasts on here. If a young "whipper snapper" wants to ask a question about lambo doors or putting on a 3 foot high wing... let him. thats what this forum is for. you may think that "thats not what a real roadster is" but who cares? keep those comments to yourself.
many ofthese threads start out with a good question from someone just looking for some info and end up being taken over by the old timers and their opinions on what a "roadster" should be.
Everyone on here is spending 25k+ on a car that they can chose to do with as they want.. leave them alone!

I'm starting to think I'll just hang out on the SOL forum. Much more open minded over there

21 - 40 of 80 Posts