Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
that is normal with the ramping up of a new model... and those increases had to come from somewhere.
they don't sell them there they just build them there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Ah could it be that a BUNCH of people who wanted the Sol -- own them. Makes sense that the sales would fall...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
that is normal with the ramping up of a new model... and those increases had to come from somewhere.
they don't sell them there they just build them there
What I think is interesting is the total production for both in 3/06 = 2353. That figure is up in 4/06 = 2440.

I hope we'll be part of the SKY for 5/06 stats! (I'm at the point now I'd pay to know where we are - dealership mum).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
The most likely reason for the decline of the Sol and the increase of the Sky is simply plant resources. They have been running 3 shifts at the plant for some time and can basically assembly only so many cars per day. With the start of Sky production, the line slows down when Sky's are being produced and of course, every Sky produced is one less Sol produced.

So basically, slower line rates, and fewer Sol's produced will equal fewer Sol's sold.

Demand has certainly not been met in most areas of the country yet with the Solstice. There are still lots of people who ordered one long ago who are still waiting, and when one does reach a dealer unsold, a buyer shows up very quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
I think you are absolutely correct, Mr. Super Moderator!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Fformula88 said:
The most likely reason for the decline of the Sol and the increase of the Sky is simply plant resources. They have been running 3 shifts at the plant for some time and can basically assembly only so many cars per day. With the start of Sky production, the line slows down when Sky's are being produced and of course, every Sky produced is one less Sol produced.

So basically, slower line rates, and fewer Sol's produced will equal fewer Sol's sold.

Demand has certainly not been met in most areas of the country yet with the Solstice. There are still lots of people who ordered one long ago who are still waiting, and when one does reach a dealer unsold, a buyer shows up very quickly.

:agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
To an extent the sky probably did steal a few sales from the sol to people who need to have the latest hot wheels on the road....but that is not a huge number...decent...but not huge!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
the more i see of the solstice the more I like it. I still think the sky looks better but I am sure a lot of solstice owners feel the opposite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
I for one am a Solstice owner and waitng for my GXP. But I think both cars are beautiful. Sometimes I wonder why a thread like this would ever be started. They are sister car's. Why the bad blood??? It makes no sence to me. And I would say the same on the Solstice forum.

It's like when you were young! My daddy is stronger then yours, no, my Daddy is stronger.

Second, read Fformular88 post, ( and others ) they say alot. They are talking about production of the cars really, because that's the Same as sales, they aren't talking orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
assumption!

What bad blood? I don't sense any to assume so. :D Personally, I'd love to see more of both cars on the roads around here. I'm getting tired of being one of a kind these past couple months. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Magna Sky said:
What bad blood? I don't sense any to assume so. :D Personally, I'd love to see more of both cars on the roads around here. I'm getting tired of being one of a kind these past couple months. :lol:
Number one you didn't start this thread !

Second, there is are alot of posting that's goes on in both forums about each other car's. ( bashing the other )

One car is no better than the other ! They are both beautiful car's.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top