Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my wife to dinner tonight at the Cheesecake Factory at the mall tonight. Of course I parked in the last row of the parking lot with no other cars around me. When I came out from the restaurant there was an awesome Silver Pearl SKY parked right next to me. It was very cool as this was the first SKY i've seen besides mine. It was a nice car, that color is awesome.

What made my night even better, on the ride home I was stopped at a traffic light with the top down and a black lamborghini with dark tinted windows pulled up next to me. I looked over and he rolled down his window and said "nice car". I said "you too", the light changed and we drove off. It was a good night. :cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rocky that is so crazy :crazy: :cool: cool .! A big "L" in admiration of your Sky :cheers: You have a great looking car.:thumbs:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rocky,

I'll keep my eyes out for ya. I'm the yellow SKY that's been motoring around. I was in Bowie this morning but made the hike to Easton earllier this week. On Tuesday, I'll be driving to the Silver Spring area.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not too far from Silver Spring, would be great to run into you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I work at Verizon. It's right there on Route 29. I'm getting there early so I can park it in the FAR back! I wouldn't even take it but I promised people I'd show them since I've talked about the car non-stop for months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sky driver to be

FWIW:

I hope to take delivery of a Chili Pepper Sky "any day now." My local dealer, in Marlow Heights, is not helpful or forthcoming, but I suspect this whole ordering business has kept everybody guessing. "It's on it's way. It's due in the next couple of weeks" has been their routine response for at least 7 weeks now. Nevertheless, one week ago he said the car is built and they've been invoiced, so that has to be a positive sign!:thumbs:

I've been visiting the Forum since 1Jan, and I rode (the BMW K-LT) to Charleston WV to see the car on 21Jan (because the Saturn website indicated that the car would not be shown at the DC auto show -- they lied). Anyway, I put down the standard deposit on 23Jan, and have been waiting not-so-patiently ever since. Since the motorcycle is licensed as SUNDVL, I chose the SKYDVL ID.

I've yet to even see a Sky on the highway, but I hope to show the world mine in the very near future.:cool: Too bad the lovely spring weather has come and gone, and today's high is projected to be a sticky 91F. C'est la vie.

Catch ya later,
Phil
75 R90S
91 Chevy p/u
03 K1200LT
07 Sky (Loaded I hope)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Us Maryland Sky owners need to get together 1 weekend and get those cars lined up for some pictures and a drive. What a sight that would be.

Rocky, my neighbor has a Silver Pearl with a red interior. Might have been him?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This one had black interior...I"m definitely up for getting together some weekend, I don't know any local SKY owners yet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me. I was in Silver Spring today and then went to Waldorf.

I'm coming back out to Silver Spring tomorrow but leaving the SKY in the garage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
make sure you invite us Sols! We should all gather...would be great.

I saw a black Sky on 95 South heading towards baltimore by the Tidings bridge on Sunday evening. I honked and went crazy (was in the Matrix, my other car) because I was wearing my Solstice t-shirt. He didn't see me. Sadness. It had a MD plate, and was purchased in Owings Mills, according to the license plate bracket. First one I had seen in the wild.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts