Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not yet! Hate to do that to all of us, but if you see or know where a SKY is going to be, please post here!!

I saw the solstice at a cruise and I assume they will have the SKY out in key markets to promote it. If so, please post location and times!

Even if you see one being road tested near you, update us!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wouldn't expect to see one before January, I can almost bet that a production version will be at NAIAS in January.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dealer in Orlando expects to get the model in october / november to co-inside with the International Auto Show at the Orange County Convention Center.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I talked with my dealer on Saturday and he told me that a Sky will be at the new car auto show in Sacrament, CA in October.

·
Registered
411 Posts
sky_vue said:
Dealer in Orlando expects to get the model in october / november to co-inside with the International Auto Show at the Orange County Convention Center.
YEAH!!!!!!! :willy: :willy: So im gonna see my baby in October?? Im totally gonna get some people together to go to that show also visit the dealer that has the Sky... :D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Not yet! Hate to do that to all of us, but if you see or know where a SKY is going to be, please post here!!

I saw the solstice at a cruise and I assume they will have the SKY out in key markets to promote it. If so, please post location and times!

That’s just wrong got me tripping over myself to get here. I thought someone had some new photos. :brentil:

·
Registered
554 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I wouldn't expect to see one before January, I can almost bet that a production version will be at NAIAS in January.

Actually, the Sky will be showed in production form before NAIAS. Look for it in LA or NY first. The Redline and GXP versions are the ones you will be seeing at NAIAS 2006. Saturn will have plenty of retail orders in at dealerships before they pull the covers of the turbo versions in January.

Almost forgot, but some of you already know. The Sky will be introduced with both a manual and automatic available at time of order in late 2005.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Delnari said:
Actually, the Sky will be showed in production form before NAIAS. Look for it in LA or NY first. The Redline and GXP versions are the ones you will be seeing at NAIAS 2006. Saturn will have plenty of retail orders in at dealerships before they pull the covers of the turbo versions in January.

Almost forgot, but some of you already know. The Sky will be introduced with both a manual and automatic available at time of order in late 2005.
Can they make a production version prior to January 1st and show it? Or are those shows in early January?

·
Registered
37 Posts
ishot3bucks said:

There will be at least one SKY to see but not touch.

Saturn Owner Appreciation Day at Kings Island

Aug 14, 2005 Paramount Kings Island Cincinnati, OH. 45249

Also said something about a chance to register to win a SKY.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RacerX said:
There will be at least one SKY to see but not touch.

Saturn Owner Appreciation Day at Kings Island

Aug 14, 2005 Paramount Kings Island Cincinnati, OH. 45249

Also said something about a chance to register to win a SKY.
GET YOUR CAMERA READY!!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We where told that there will be one here in Saturn of Columbia in Columbia, SC in October/05' just for show, no touch also!!! :banghead:

I'll keep you all posted about specific dates and such as it becomes available.

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't know where you are but if you check out the website www.autoshowinmotion.com, they're kind of like a traveling auto show by GM, where you have to register to go, but it's free to get in. When you go, you have the opportunity to test drive most of the GM cars, inclusive of Corvettes, Cadillacs (CTS/Escalade), and a bunch of other cars. The Saturn Sky has been on display at most of them and you can even sit in it, but it's not available for test driving. I missed the one in Los Angeles here a couple of weeks ago, so I'm driving down to San Diego in September to catch it there. Just and FYI.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I don't know where you are but if you check out the website www.autoshowinmotion.com, they're kind of like a traveling auto show by GM, where you have to register to go, but it's free to get in. When you go, you have the opportunity to test drive most of the GM cars, inclusive of Corvettes, Cadillacs (CTS/Escalade), and a bunch of other cars. The Saturn Sky has been on display at most of them and you can even sit in it, but it's not available for test driving. I missed the one in Los Angeles here a couple of weeks ago, so I'm driving down to San Diego in September to catch it there. Just and FYI.
That's awesome!!! As usual there is NOTHING at or near South Carolina :banghead: I hate that. We are like the last place on earth they would bring things like this. :brentil:

I have done a few events similar to this from Mercedes Benz and BMW. :lol: Very cool to go drive awesome cars you know you can't ever afford to actually buy. :rolleyes:

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I am suprised it has not been to Detroit.... Maybe they think we have NAIAS so we don't need the tour.....

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I went to the Auto Show in Motion last year hear in Sacramento. It was a tottal blast. Besides all the cars they have for you to drive they even served lunch. Last year they had on static display the 05 Vett, SSR, and the Caddie XLR. You could sit in them, opperate the covertable tops, look onder the hood and in the trunk. They had an attendent there that would answere questions and state them up if you wanted to hear how they sound. I have all ready signed up togo to the one they are havine in Alameda, CA in October. Will take as many pictures of the SKY as possible. Will also try to get video of the SKY with the engine running so we can hear what it sounds like.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
We where told that there will be one here in Saturn of Columbia in Columbia, SC in October/05' just for show, no touch also!!! :banghead:

I'll keep you all posted about specific dates and such as it becomes available.

:willy: BA :willy:
WILL DEFINITELY BE WAITING FOR YOUR POST OR YOU CAN AIM, ME. I LIVE IN AIKEN. SO THAT WILL BE GREAT. NO TOUCH....THAT'S OK I'LL HAVE THAT PIC-TAKING THINGY WITH ME. :lol: I'LL EVEN TAKE THE DAY OFF FROM WORK, IF I MUST!

·
Registered
6 Posts
For Michigan folks, there will be two SKYs on display during the Woodward Dream Cruise. One is at Athens Coney Island in a GM corp convertibles display. The other is in a retailer-supported display on Woodward Ave. Look for the mobile events truck...

Again...look and don't touch.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
b-rock said:
For Michigan folks, there will be two SKYs on display during the Woodward Dream Cruise. One is at Athens Coney Island in a GM corp convertibles display. The other is in a retailer-supported display on Woodward Ave. Look for the mobile events truck...

Again...look and don't touch.
NO WAY!! I live 15 minutes from the cruise!! I will be heading out with my camera!! I will post some picks ASAP!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts