Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 door Tracker. The SKY (According to measurements in their info page) is just about the same length as my 4 door Tracker!
The height is a different story. My wife drives a 1997 Saturn SC2, which is pretty low. I measured that and it is mearly 1.5 inches taller than the SKY..
Glad it is a convertible. . . . Will make winter driving a challenge! I may just keep the SC2 for winter!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
I live in Florida. What's Winter? :cool: :lol: :D
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
I doubt this will be a winter driving car. I hope to never have to drive mine in winter. With my luck Saturn will pump mine out January 1 and have it at my door by January 3. I'll have to sit there and watch it until spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
rick112 said:
I doubt this will be a winter driving car. I hope to never have to drive mine in winter. With my luck Saturn will pump mine out January 1 and have it at my door by January 3. I'll have to sit there and watch it until spring.
... maybe Jan 3, 2007. :) GM is struggling with the Sol deliveries and Saturn has already said that production will not start until March.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
mhw745 said:
I live in Florida. What's Winter? :cool: :lol: :D
LOL! We have seasons here, really... Summer and February..... :D
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
I live in the mountains of Alabama. A hurricane is one of those football teams that every now and then gets beat. Just driving my roadster around the mountains hoping no log trucks coming my way. :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
im in Los Angeles, all we get is rain, and the occasional fire. noteable earthquakes every 10 years maybe, and roadster weather almost the whole year! no floods, snow, humidity, tornados, hurricanes, etc, etc. you people that live with that crap are crazy! my sol will be driven year round!

oh, i have driven a solstice, and i will agree that it is much bigger in person than i expected! i was thinking more miata sized, wrong!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
:) I am working in Texas and retiring in Florida. Winter is not going to be a problem for my SKY. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
marklynn70 said:
:) I am working in Texas and retiring in Florida. Winter is not going to be a problem for my SKY. :cheers:
Bring yourself to S. E. Florida, Marklynn and we drive our Sky's side by side...your's is blue and mine will be red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
For you uneducated, who believe Florida is a furnace, look at the numbers :
Avg high temperature :
Washington DC Tampa Fl
July 89 90
This summer Wash had several days with high temps over 97 degrees,
Tampa had none over 94 degrees.
The winters in Tampa are fantastic - golf every day. Last winter I
never wore a jacket.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
kingarthur said:
For you uneducated, who believe Florida is a furnace, look at the numbers :
Avg high temperature :
Washington DC Tampa Fl
July 89 90
This summer Wash had several days with high temps over 97 degrees,
Tampa had none over 94 degrees.
The winters in Tampa are fantastic - golf every day. Last winter I
never wore a jacket.
What about the humidity, the old people, and the enormous flying bugs? I can never stand it for more than 2-3 days at a time, and I always breathe a sigh of relief when I step onto the plane.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
mhw745 said:
Bring yourself to S. E. Florida, Marklynn and we drive our Sky's side by side...your's is blue and mine will be red.
:cool: I am looking at retiring in the Tampa / St Petersburg area along the Gulf Coast. We can definitely hook up on the weekends. Then all we need to do is locate someone with a white SKY and get together for the 4TH of July weekend. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
marklynn70 said:
:cool: I am looking at retiring in the Tampa / St Petersburg area along the Gulf Coast. We can definitely hook up on the weekends. Then all we need to do is locate someone with a white SKY and get together for the 4TH of July weekend. :cheers:
Then we can meet at Sebring and have a race.

:lol: :lol:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top