Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Well it's no longer a roadster which I thought was the whole point of both of these cars.
Actually, what became the Solstice was originally designed as a coupe... It was modified into a roadster. True, it was the response to a request by Lutz to build a new, two-seat roadster. The designer had the balls to submit his coupe into the mix of designs, and it won.

Very cool story.

Read the Pontiac Solstice Book.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope they keep selling them because I'm waiting for the 2010 to come out. I saw that photo thats been circulating(I hope its real) and was gonna wait till next year to get mine.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I'm hearing two rumors that strongly conflict with each other. One is, that the production of the Kappa cars will be relocated to the Bowling Green Assembly Plant after that facility's modernization is complete in 2012, thereby making it the "GM two-seater capital of the world". The unsuccessful Cadillac XLR will be dumped before then. The other rumor is that GM will end Sky & Solstice production by 2010! :eek:

You GM people...what are you hearing out there? Any truth to any of this?
This post certainly seems prophetic, 20 months after it was made.

:(

·
Registered
878 Posts
The market wasn't demanding airbags or seat belts, either.

But at this point it's not about the market. It's about what needs to be done to keep the planet in a state that supports humans.

:(
True that. These cars wont mean a thing if there's no Earth to drive them on/

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
With 4 pages I didn't go through every post but the plant was closed 31 July 2009. The latest is that Biden, who was the senior senator from Delaware before the VP job, cut a deal and Fisker is going to make their electric car at that plant for their US sales. But, talking with Saturn and the Chevy liaison to our Corvette Club, the Kappa platform is gone with that plant's closing.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts