Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sky Redline - Manual - Emerald Metallic
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks. I have 90% of my new setup done. The Sat Receiver idea for ground is great. Given that the trunk tub is plastic, I think the ground path actually is from the Xm receiver harness, through the receiver's chassis ground, on to the bracket that bolts down to the stud. Given that I'm only using it for low current (and that XM is unavailable in BRazil) I think it is enough.

I'll probably write a guide of sorts (not like your professional ones!) on a topic on the Solstice Forum when I nail the remaining 10% which is isolate the brake lights from the turn signal function.
The only isolated brake and turn signals (i have found) are on the BCM. Believe I addressed that and the connections in the PDF.

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
The only isolated brake and turn signals (i have found) are on the BCM. Believe I addressed that and the connections in the PDF.
Yes, isolated signals are available at the BCM:

L-Blue (Conn X1 Pins 31 & 53) wire in the rear harness is an isolated brake signal for the CHMSL
D-Green (Conn X3 Pin A12) wire in the rear harness is the right combined turn/stop signal
Yellow (Conn X3 Pin A9) wire in the rear harness is the leftcombined turn/stop signal
L-Blue (Conn X1 Pin 35) wire in the front harness is the left isolated turn signal
D-Blue (Conn X1 Pin 17) wire in the front harness is the right isolated turn signal

I checked the 2006 and 2008 manuals, and the wiring is consistent.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You certainly have, I meant to say I hadn't yet manage to do the part where I tapped the CHMSL signal and isolated the combined turn and stop wires from the tail lights and wired them to resistors instead. But at that point thanks to your help I already knew how to do it. I've finished now. Thanks for your invaluable help!

·
Registered
2008 Sky Redline - Manual - Emerald Metallic
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Some member would like to isolate the turn signals from the brake signals. The LED Bar has separate inputs for both turn signals. Unfortunately, the kappa wiring does not support that.
BUT...there is a SOLUTION. Search Amazon for "2-TO-3-WIRE TAILLIGHT CONVERTER". This can be added right in the trunk area with the other connections. Now you can have separated signals.
Or utilize the BCM wiring as described in the PDF.
Strobe

·
Registered
94 Posts
The 2 to 3 wire converter will work fine if you don't want to remove turn signal duty from your stop lamps. It is a module that will detect a blinking signal and upon detection of a blinking signal it will send blinking signal to the 3rd wire. It will take a few milliseconds to realize the signal is for turning and not braking. It will always either light up the brake light first, then change to the turn signals after a split second; or it will take a split second to send power to either the stop lights wire or turn signals wire. So if you use such a module it's better you have a failsafe by not isolating blinking duty from your stop lamps

21 - 27 of 27 Posts