Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can't wait to see it at NY end of March. Actually I might hop down to Philly to see the show in Feb.

In there is also first "official" GM mention of Solstice earlier than fall 05...

Pontiac Solstice (which will begin production in June 2005

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mceb said:
In there is also first "official" GM mention of Solstice earlier than fall 05...
I just skimmed the article and missed that. Good catch.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
when you walk through a Saturn showroom at the end of 2006, you may have a hard time believing these new models are from Saturn.
I hope this is refering to all three new cars they're brining out, and not the sky itself since they do say "these" and not "this." Because till now it's seemed like they've been implying it would be available before then.

Especially since the official announcement on the 29th siad...
The Sky is scheduled for public debut in Detroit at the North American International Auto Show in January. It will arrive at Saturn retailers in early 2006

·
Registered
138 Posts
Next few months is when things will really heat up! The more I think about it the more I want to head to Philly show...full 2 months earlier than NYC. With all that will be going on I think it's worth the 2 hour ride.

:cool

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mceb said:
Next few months is when things will really heat up! The more I think about it the more I want to head to Philly show...full 2 months earlier than NYC. With all that will be going on I think it's worth the 2 hour ride.

:cool
If the Sky's exterior and interior look good in the photos to be released in January, I may make that trip as well. I'd like to see both the Solstice and Sky in person before making the final decision.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I will probably have to drive out to Detroit again this year to see the Sky, and of course everything else too.

Last year I made the trip over to Detroit and was amazed and how much fun it actually was! I had no idea they had THAT many concept vehicles. I must have spent 8 hours in there, and I didn't look at hardly any current production models in that time. I wanted to be sure to take in all the concepts. Of course, I spent plenty of time around the Solstice too! (and the C6 Corvette, Ford GT, Mustang, and many others).

It was definately worth the trip to attend. Anyone who can make it to one of the major auto shows certainly should go! What a blast!

·
Registered
149 Posts
tcl said:
If the Sky's exterior and interior look good in the photos to be released in January, I may make that trip as well. I'd like to see both the Solstice and Sky in person before making the final decision.
Just make sure you take plenty of pictures! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Damn, the closest show listed with the Sky is in Atlanta :(

If production to being sold in dealers lots is anywhere near the same as the 2005 Mustang it was less then 5 months. This is also a lower volume car with an entire plant dedicated to the Kappa platform too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Brentil, your post prodded me to check out how far I would have to drive to see one. I hadn't looked because I just knew they wouldn't have one here. But wonder of wonders, the third place it will be shown is Houston!! So the first time they have a Solstice on display, they will also have a Sky!! I am very excited!! :cheers :thumbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts