Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:willy: two more skys delivered to my dealer both had twin pulls at the back of the top.this should not be. :banghead:so far their seems to be a 100% problem in this area.does anyone have any contacts at either GM or saturn to address this concern.:mad:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
glock919 said:
:willy: two more skys delivered to my dealer both had twin pulls at the back of the top.this should not be. :banghead:so far their seems to be a 100% problem in this area.does anyone have any contacts at either GM or saturn to address this concern.:mad:
As it has been addressed in other posts -- the problem is minor as it tends to get better with time and weathering a bit. I think it also is due to temperature fluctuations. I personally hardly notice it and I know I won't from the driver's seat.:thumbs:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as time goes on we all sag a little bit.their is a problem and it should be addressed now .oh well i`m in on the redline so that i`m certain in six months the tailor will have fixed the problem and the older cars will have it corrected in a recall.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
glock919 said:
as time goes on we all sag a little bit.their is a problem and it should be addressed now .oh well i`m in on the redline so that i`m certain in six months the tailor will have fixed the problem and the older cars will have it corrected in a recall.
Why are you so nit-picky? Any cloth top has a certain sag to it. Show me a cloth top that doesn't have a sag and I'll show you a top that will rip under the weather. Skip...owned convertabiles for 30 years. :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you buy your suits with the pants to short.it`s not picky!can we say poor design.with in a very short time you will notice a change in how the factory sends out the cars...but remember you won`t want yours adjusted because that would be picky.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I guess I'm a little nit-picky, too. :yesnod: Because I noticed it also, and have expressed concern over it. It won't stop me from buying the car, but I do hope that Saturn comes up with a 'fix' down the road. I'm going to check out my dealers Sky today...I plan on making note of how the lid fits.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
glock919 said:
do you buy your suits with the pants to short.it`s not picky!can we say poor design.with in a very short time you will notice a change in how the factory sends out the cars...but remember you won`t want yours adjusted because that would be picky.
Comparing apples to oranges. Have you ever owned a roadster? Skip...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
glock919 said:
Have you seen the Solstice top. It has been more than six months:lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I saw the top at the dealer and it looks fine. I don't have an issue with the small sag/pull.

·
Registered
113 Posts
glock919 said:
Dont hold your breath....a few changes people thought they would see between the sol and the sky are still there...top...clunk etc.
they dont see it as a problem or they wouldnt be releasing cars this way so i wouldnt expect a magical fix for the RL

i know what you are talking about on the top and it really doesnt bother me at all

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we all are a little nuts about the car now but if honda and nissan and the p.t.cruiser can get it wright,you don`t have to wonder why the foriegn auto mfgs. are cleaning our clock in the good old USA .

·
Registered
54 Posts
been to my dealer to see 2 SKYs in person and both tops were perfect. i think this guy just likes to nit pick to pass time while he is waiting for his redline. You did create your own RL site (with the same thread in it no less). maybe you should take your superiority complex over there?? If you like other cars better...get them. If you have nothing good to say...hmmm, how does that saying go?

·
Registered
54 Posts
last time I checked, Hondas were made here in Ohio...and PT Cruiser is an American car as well...just another observation.

·
Registered
623 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
last time I checked, Hondas were made here in Ohio...and PT Cruiser is an American car as well...just another observation.
Typically a car is considered foreign or domestic not based on where it is built (or even where it's parts are from) but where the HQ is located for the company selling it. The exception is DCX which has two world HQ's, the Chrysler Group being still here in the US while the Mercedes Group is in Germany. Thus "American" cars are GM, Ford, DCX-Chrysler, "European" cars are VW/Audi, BMW, DCX-MB and "Japanese" cars are Toyota, Honda, and Nissan.

In fact when a car's "content" is listed it goes by where the company is located, which is why the VUE Engine and Transmission supplied by Honda is listed as Japan even though the parts are made in Ohio. The reasoning is that where the company is located is where the most profit goes and thus that place gets the most $.

·
Registered
802 Posts
glock919 said:
we all are a little nuts about the car now but if honda and nissan and the p.t.cruiser can get it wright,you don`t have to wonder why the foriegn auto mfgs. are cleaning our clock in the good old USA .
I had a comment, but after this one I just pulled the lever and flushed it!:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you better check again/while you were sleeping the germans bought one of the big three auto companys.don`t want to tax your brain,but check it out.welcome to the present.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you are correct.but there must be a reason that the so called american cars with foriegn names are not allowed to park on lots next to the auto mfg plants

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
glock919 said:
you are correct.but there must be a reason that the so called american cars with foriegn names are not allowed to park on lots next to the auto mfg plants
It's called unions. If no unions we would have cheaper autos and be able to park at the plants. Skip....:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts