Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Just got info that a brand new SKY was in a accident in Atlanta. Frame is bent. Will call friends in Atlanta and call dealerships to verify:banghead:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
IslandHopper said:
:mad: Just got info that a brand new SKY was in a accident in Atlanta. Frame is bent. Will call friends in Atlanta and call dealerships to verify:banghead:
I don't think it's in Atlanta, and I don't think that Saturnfans is the end all... ;)

And that's all I can say. :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
KappaMan said:
I don't think it's in Atlanta, and I don't think that Saturnfans is the end all... ;)

And that's all I can say. :D
Point noted. Thanks for the reality check. Rumors on top of rumors.
All the "good" info is probably unknowable.

Amusingly, while reading this (yeah, I'm working....) got a call from a coworker who just saw the the car in question at the Atl area dealer mentioned elsewhere.
She pretty much flipped out when seeing the Sky.
"That's what your're getting!!".
They like "nice" cars at corp, so she normally wouldn't get caught looking at a Saturn.
Strange. 3000 miles away. Guess I don't get popped at work today.
She's supposed to be working too!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
To quote one of the classics, Princess Bride, on this...

"FEZZIK, FEZZIK, listen, do you hear? -- That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when Rugen slaughtered my father. The Man who totalled his Sky makes it now."

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
cerberus said:
Point noted. Thanks for the reality check. Rumors on top of rumors.
All the "good" info is probably unknowable.

Amusingly, while reading this (yeah, I'm working....) got a call from a coworker who just saw the the car in question at the Atl area dealer mentioned elsewhere.
She pretty much flipped out when seeing the Sky.
"That's what your're getting!!".
They like "nice" cars at corp, so she normally wouldn't get caught looking at a Saturn.
Strange. 3000 miles away. Guess I don't get popped at work today.
She's supposed to be working too!
I suppose it is possible that there are not one, but TWO incidences, but the description seems too similar to me...

You HEARD from someone who saw a trashed SKY. I... ahh... well, (what the heck) ACTUALLY SAW a trashed SKY.

And THAT'S really all I can say... :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
KappaMan said:
I suppose it is possible that there are not one, but TWO incidences, but the description seems too similar to me...

No. I'm sorry. Must be poor communication on my part.
The Sky mentioned elsewhere and described by a coworker was in no way trashed.
The description I received was the usual expletive filled description of approval.
There was no trashed or harmed Sky seen by the report I received.

Mmm. Sorry I crossposted bad info now.
As the telephone game of info cascades down further,
guess this is how these things tumble down in the first place.

I know nothing of any trashed, bent, totalled, (or shipped :( ) cars.
Ironically, I found it amusing how fast news of these cars can fly across the country,
often getting twisted in the process.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am in Atlanta...no Sky siting much less a crashed Sky. But, lord help us, there are some NO driving sillies behind the wheel in Atlanta. So, I would not be described. Lots of roadsters cruising the beautiful days! More chances to get squished.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SKY Frame Damage....Confirmed

I also am in Atlanta, and a GSM at one of the Saturn facilities here locally. I can tell you on GOOD AUTHORITY, that there was a SKY involved in an ....incident here in Atlanta. Quick and dirty.....MAM & FSM test driving said MAM's factory car (since no Atlanta stores had received SKY's yet), out an undisclosed hwy (near the Big Rock), exit said hwy, under said hwy, round the curve to re-enter said hwy (a little too fast in hindsight) ass-end gets loose and rear passenger tires hits curb (hard), pieces of '18 chromed wheel go EVERYWHERE, seatbelt pre-tensioners discharge, MAM & FSM limp back to Saturn facility where it looks like a new chrome wheel is definitely in order, and the airbag light is on, so the seatbelt pre-tensioner will need to be re-charged. An attempted alignment ensues. Functional word....attempted. Frame bent, SKY out of commission (and scheduled for a slate of appearences w/ media and the like) NO WHEELS nationally available (I think we wound up w/ a Solstice wheel in the end). FSM has really good auto insurance incidently. The End. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
SKYdealist said:
I also am in Atlanta, and a GSM at one of the Saturn facilities here locally. I can tell you on GOOD AUTHORITY, that there was a SKY involved in an ....incident here in Atlanta. Quick and dirty.....MAM & FSM test driving said MAM's factory car (since no Atlanta stores had received SKY's yet), out an undisclosed hwy (near the Big Rock), exit said hwy, under said hwy, round the curve to re-enter said hwy (a little too fast in hindsight) ass-end gets loose and rear passenger tires hits curb (hard), pieces of '18 chromed wheel go EVERYWHERE, seatbelt pre-tensioners discharge, MAM & FSM limp back to Saturn facility where it looks like a new chrome wheel is definitely in order, and the airbag light is on, so the seatbelt pre-tensioner will need to be re-charged. An attempted alignment ensues. Functional word....attempted. Frame bent, SKY out of commission (and scheduled for a slate of appearences w/ media and the like) NO WHEELS nationally available (I think we wound up w/ a Solstice wheel in the end). FSM has really good auto insurance incidently. The End. :thumbs:
Any chance that Sky had a LSD in it? Would be willing to swap out my regular dif for that LSD if it did...especially if it is just going to wind up being a show car or scrapped. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
WOW, If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was on a FRANKENSTINE site.

"Hurry Igor, we must get back to the lab while the body is still fresh"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pic

Should always have some evidence, like a PICTURE!!! Then there is no BS. I love my SKY but might go to a REDLINE. Pics of mine can be viewed on car domain under SKYSTER. Cheers!

·
Registered
517 Posts
SKYdealist said:
Hit a curb, frame bent! They dont build em like they used to!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I guess I should of taken a picture, but It was too hard to even look twice. But the day I picked up my Sky, my wife and I saw a matalic green one setting in the back lot completly totaled.:confused: This was a about a month ago. The thing was crushed from the front end all the the way to the windshield! From the windshield on back It did'nt have a scratch. The sales rep said the lady walked away. Kinda made my wife feel good that our Sky's can take a hit like that and walk away from it. So from what I saw,,,, I give our Sky's an---A.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1994SC2 said:
To quote one of the classics, Princess Bride, on this...

"FEZZIK, FEZZIK, listen, do you hear? -- That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when Rugen slaughtered my father. The Man who totalled his Sky makes it now."

bwahaha, best movie ever :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
HotSky said:
Hit a curb, frame bent! They dont build em like they used to!
I took a curb in a '71 Camaro as a really old (since I am old now :D ) couple pulled out of a side street and cut me off (4 lanes wit hmiddle turning and they wanted me to use the sidewalk)

Only damage was a slightly bent axle, but I drove it that way for another year.

·
Registered
669 Posts
cvee said:
No more rhymes, I mean it......
Anybody want a peanut?????
INCONCIEVABLE!

"I do not think that word means what you think it means..."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts