Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the website, first post so far, but everyone seems cool.

I laid down my 1000 bucks a week ago and now I get to join the ranks of the you in the same situation going crazy with the waiting process and I'm only a week into my order!!

I drove my friends SKY at work the other day...biggest mistake I could make. I really want it now! To make matters worse, he waited 4 days for his SKY! It was a cancellation that the dealership called him on and went down that day and bought it.

Anyway, how do you get an order number and how can you track production to see how far along your car is?

I've been given so many timelines from dealerships here in Jacksonville that I have no idea what to expect as far as a delivery date. Any insight to what I should plan on? 3 months?

This is gonna be the longest summer of my life!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
What color and options did you order? It seems like the average wait on the forum for an ordered car is 3 to 4 months. It depends on where you are in line on the waiting list. Even though I was on the top of my list I'm going on 5 months now. :banghead: You could be lucky like your friend and have someone back out and you would get your car sooner. The sales manager or general manager can access GMworld and track your process and give you event codes. Some dealers are on the ball, while others have no clue and try to avoid the subject. Once you get an order # you're one step closer. Welcome to the wait! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just put my $1000 down today & I dont know how im going to last 6 months waiting on the red line... :confused: x100

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SKY specs

Black, black leather, chromies, spoiler, monsoon MP3.
Number 5 on the list. Hopefully I'll get a shot to buy a similar or identical SKY in the near future. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I put a $500 depost down exactly one week ago, and have been thinking about nothing else since!!! I am 3rd on the list at this dealership they expected a delivery date probably in Oct.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is hard to say as to a delivery date because it really all comes down to your dealer's allocation and such. If you would be interested in buying another Sky that someone backs out of, make sure your dealer knows. My salesman never asked me if I was interested in being notified if someone backed out and never notified me of any "spare" Skys. I thought it went without saying that since I was on the list for ordering a Sky that I would be interested -- apparently not. You could also get on the "list" at a few different dealerships because one person might back out at XYZ Dealership tomorrow whereas the dealer you are at today might not ever have anyone back out. Just make sure that your deposit is refundable at each dealership. To give you an idea on delivery -- I put down a deposit on May 18th, my car left Delaware July 5th and I haven't seen hide nor hare of it since. Every time the phone rings I keep waiting to see that "Saturn" on my Caller ID (yes, I have the dealer programmed into my phone, haha) but so far nothing. :(

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome aboard from Minnesota!

Now is the time to start about 78 new hobbies to distract yourself from the wait.........................:cool:

·
Registered
478 Posts
chris67 said:
Now is the time to start about 78 new hobbies to distract yourself from the wait.........................:cool:
My approach is to try to get some work done so I can pay for it when it arrives!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Very hard to pin down a delivery date.. just like childbirth... it could happen between the dates of..... UGH... how i hated hearing that... each and every time i was pregnant... i wanted to know.. WHEN..... when is the little... bugger getting here.... LOLOL.. kidding.... just a waiting game.... WELCOME AND GL..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
RockyMtnSky said:
I put a $500 depost down exactly one week ago, and have been thinking about nothing else since!!! I am 3rd on the list at this dealership they expected a delivery date probably in Oct.

Waiting since June!!!:banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts