Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may recall I traded in (in advance) my 6 month old Sky with 2500 miles on an Redline. The dealer gave me exactly the MSRP I paid $26400. I saved $1710 in Ohio sales tax by trading. Within 3 days the dealer sold it for $2950 The Skys do bring a premium. On the other hand, another nearby dealer has a similar equipt used Solstice out front for $28,900 which has been sitting there for three weeks now without selling. Other Pontiac dealers in Cincinnati are advertising Solstices at MRSP for immediate delivery.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I keep recommending to trade over selling out right. By the time you pay to put it on ebay or pay for advertising and fees most people in states that give the tax advantage make out better by trading.

Yes, that's because the Solstice came out alot sooner then the Sky. But if you look at ebay the price on the Sky has really came down.My dealership sold my 2006 Base Solstice 1 1/2 months ago for 26,600.00. But you can never get that now most likely because the 2007 are out. You'll see a bigger drop on the 2007 when the 2008 Skys come out .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right. And I didn't think it would happen with the Saturn no haggle policy.
My dealer sells all new Skys for MRSP and is very fair. However, he said Saturn has no say on what a dealer can charge on a used car that has been previously titled.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
My dealer sells all new Skys for MRSP and is very fair. However, he said Saturn has no say on what a dealer can charge on a used car that has been previously titled.
They really have no say if they sell new cars over MSRP. They coud sugest or threaten but when it comes down to it they can't do any more then that.

Alot are saying MSRP but adding options and charging 3 times more then they should on the option. So they don't get any hastle or threats from Saturn.

·
Registered
366 Posts
And I didn't think it would happen with the Saturn no haggle policy.
Unfortunately it would seem that the no haggle policy just shafts the consumer in many cases. On one hand you can't haggle below MSRP because they use the "no haggle policy" as a blanket reason not to lower the price. On the other hand with high demand vehicles, they can (and many do) jack up the price and Saturn has no say (even though they don't condone it). Personally I think they no haggle pricing is a marketing ploy to cover up higher profits for the dealers and should be done away with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts