Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Can someone take a picture of the trunk open and perhaps of the 'backseat' area of the sky if they ever get a chance.... I am in outside sales so the trunk is very important....
I want a sky sooo bad but it has to be a 'wise' decision not just cause I want one. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=819&sort=2&cat=3012&page=1 is a photo of Solstice trunk (the same) with the small golf bags. http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=888&sort=2&cat=3012&page=1 is behind the seat. You can't put anything on the hump or sides of the hump with the top down as that is where the top goes. Only 1.8 cu ft with top down. Travel light. Welcome to the forum and sadly you may have to consider a larger vehicle for work and the Sky for fun which ionly means sell faster. I know you didn't ask yet, but consider the HHR or Torrent as good vehicles to support outside sales and all the stuff you have to carry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
achieftain said:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=819&sort=2&cat=3012&page=1 is a photo of Solstice trunk (the same) with the small golf bags. http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=888&sort=2&cat=3012&page=1 is behind the seat. You can't put anything on the hump or sides of the hump with the top down as that is where the top goes. Only 1.8 cu ft with top down. Travel light. Welcome to the forum and sadly you may have to consider a larger vehicle for work and the Sky for fun which ionly means sell faster. I know you didn't ask yet, but consider the HHR or Torrent as good vehicles to support outside sales and all the stuff you have to carry.
There are NO clubs in that bag. Did anyone else notice?
:lol: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
mhw745 said:
There are NO clubs in that bag. Did anyone else notice?
:lol: :rolleyes:
I think maybe the angle is bad. Here's a shot from the other side: BAG OF CLUBS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
I surrender!

Ghost said:
I think maybe the angle is bad. Here's a shot from the other side: BAG OF CLUBS
That's a better angle. Thanks, Ghost.

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Having just seen the Solstice, I'd say you could close the trunk with the roof in it and with that bag. It would be tight but you could do it. You also have the passanger seat if you need it. If you have a lot of crap to carry a 2 seater sport car probably isn't the car for you anyway. This isn't a practical car! It's a fun car. Taking your wife/husband away for the weekend kinda car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
May i suggest a Saturn Ion Quad Coupe Redline? 205 HP in a lighter car than the Sky.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help guys!

I currently have a VUE... and I know a Sky isn't a practical car ... but hey I want one anyway so i'll have to make it work :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
There was the rumor of a fuel tank mod, floating around the other forum ... which would give more space to the trunk. :cheers: It sounds believable, because that is one of the biggest complaints (the hump) and it has been done on other cars before. The easiest fix is split fuel tanks. Either way, pack light and you will be alright. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Lost Sol said:
There was the rumor of a fuel tank mod, floating around the other forum ... which would give more space to the trunk. :cheers: It sounds believable, because that is one of the biggest complaints (the hump) and it has been done on other cars before. The easiest fix is split fuel tanks. Either way, pack light and you will be alright. :cheers:
My guess is that without a form fitting tank that the irs and frame mounted diff would have to give way to a traditional solid rear axle to remove or lower the hump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
achieftain said:
My guess is that without a form fitting tank that the irs and frame mounted diff would have to give way to a traditional solid rear axle to remove or lower the hump.
Sounds good :cheers: and since I know little about cars ... I will agree! :D
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Trunk size

:banghead: Want do you want a station wagon or a roadster? It seems to me that there is too much complaining about a roadster that is not on sell yet .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Skip said:
:banghead: Want do you want a station wagon or a roadster? It seems to me that there is too much complaining about a roadster that is not on sell yet .
:banghead: = complaining

I am just making an observation :wink: :cheers:

If I am spending 25-30K on a car, then I believe that I have the right to make a sugestion. I am not saying to put a bigger trunk on the Sky/Sol;however, they could (and probably will eventually) redesign that big @$$ "lump/hump" in the trunk.

If you look at other roadsters, then you will see that this is a valid observation. I hope that this forum does not become like other ones and surpress any statement that may not be "popular," or favorable to the Sky. JMHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Lost Sol said:
:banghead: = complaining

I am just making an observation :wink: :cheers:

If I am spending 25-30K on a car, then I believe that I have the right to make a sugestion. I am not saying to put a bigger trunk on the Sky/Sol;however, they could (and probably will eventually) redesign that big @$$ "lump/hump" in the trunk.

If you look at other roadsters, then you will see that this is a valid observation. I hope that this forum does not become like other ones and surpress any statement that may not be "popular," or favorable to the Sky. JMHO
Amen, Sol.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top