Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening....

As most of you know, I had the opportunity to visit Saturn of the Valley here in Los Angeles last night to see the SKY (AGAIN)!!

Couple of notes before I share the pictures... and don't skip to the pictures first (I know how some of you are :)

#1. The car was red, which is so way cool, since the first one I saw was silver. (I prefer the silver)

#2. For those who are opting for Bluestone, it has been brought to my attention that for whatever rhyme or reason, this color will be released last.

#3. We noticed that there was a GM badging on the door panel. It was small and not terrible. This was NOT on the silver one we saw 3 weeks ago in Anaheim.

#4. The Sales Manager (whom I've grown so fond of - and looked nothing like I thought he did) heard us talking about the badging and told us that this car was the FINAL FINAL FINAL. Although it wasn't a promo, apparently they killed the battery that operated the trunk, so we couldn't see the inside.

#5. The badging looks like it could be easily removed.

#6. The dealers are NOT taking orders yet and the General Manager only assumes that it MAY be late November, but honestly told me that when he finds out, I'll find out.

#7. I, well RICHMCC and I both had a chance to sit in the car, and OH MI GOSH, it was ridiculously comfortable to me. I am 5ft and 130 (or so) pounds and because my legs are so short, they showed me how to maneuver the seat and adjust it to my size, height, whatever.

#8. Jill was at my dealership last Friday for a couple of days (Jill being the head honcho (or is it hancha) at Saturn) and said that Jill has been really helpful in the progression of the production of the SKY in a timely fashion. As much as she can possibly do.

#9 I heard that the SKY will have the first cars roll out in March. That's what I heard and that's what I am going with. Certainly GM, I would hope, is NOT going to make the same mistake twice. The SKY processes are running smoothly and within the proper time frames, so there's hope, but we still need to be patient. Speaking of patience, you have all been so patient, that I think I will post the very few pics I took last night before my battery went dead (bummer).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Thanks for sharing

Hi Ya, glad you had a good time, when the Sky was in Columbia last week (silver) I had wished it was the Red one, out of all those colors I just think the red stands out the best. Maybe you can ask Jill if there is anyway we can get them to add some better colors, maybe do a Sky poll to find out what people really want for color.
Anyway thank you for posting pictures, I wish I had been able to take one of a red Sky since I finally decided on a HANDLE (name change) to ChileSky and that is what my plate will read.
Have you noticed that we have not seen PammySky on here of late?
There was also a posting the other day where the guy called us woman that want the Sky "brutish", :eek: I will have to find it for you so you can read it.

Have a great day
Kimberly ChileSky :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The Chili pepper red has to be the best color for this car, It just looks so sporty... Well My dealer said the same things as you have about ordering and release dates... He has been in touch with Jill also, and informed her and all of Saturn management about my wife's condition, and they said they would do their best to tey to help us out... Please everyone keep my wife Beverly in your prayers, We just forund out friday that the Chemo is not working and the 3 tumors are still growing... They told us also that the one in her spine is pressing against the nerves and if the radiation treatments she is taking now do not work she could be paralyzed from the waist down in 6 weeks...
Thanks for your prayers, and also thanks for the pictures...

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Hello Tim

Yes I will keep her in my prayers. Lets hope that something will work and she will start to mend again. My thoughts are with both of you.

Wrap BIG HUGS around you both
Kimberly

·
Registered
411 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
The Chili pepper red has to be the best color for this car, It just looks so sporty... Well My dealer said the same things as you have about ordering and release dates... He has been in touch with Jill also, and informed her and all of Saturn management about my wife's condition, and they said they would do their best to tey to help us out... Please everyone keep my wife Beverly in your prayers, We just found out friday that the Chemo is not working and the 3 tumors are still growing... They told us also that the one in her spine is pressing against the nerves and if the radiation treatments she is taking now do not work she could be paralyzed from the waist down in 6 weeks...
Tim,.... Oh no,... that's so terrible,.. I pray that she'll be alright,... I'm sorry you guys have to go through such a terrible thing. Things like that make a car seem like nothing when you just want your wife to be healthy.:) I hope you get all you want,.. a beautiful wife thats well and a beautiful car to drive her around in.

God Bless man:cool:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
Yes I will keep her in my prayers. Lets hope that something will work and she will start to mend again. My thoughts are with both of you.

Kimberly
Kim, that's sweet of you, I want a hug too.:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:

Kimberly
Thanks Kimberly. I told her in July when we found out she had terminal cancer that I was going to cancel getting a Sky but she wouldn't hear anything about it. she said you have had your deposit down for 2 months already and I know how much you want that car... I am hoping she will still be around and healthy enough to enjoy the car with me...
Thanks again
Tim

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Slade said:
Tim,.... Oh no,... that's so terrible,.. I pray that she'll be alright,... I'm sorry you guys have to go through such a terrible thing. Things like that make a car seem like nothing when you just want your wife to be healthy.:) I hope you get all you want,.. a beautiful wife thats well and a beautiful car to drive her around in.

God Bless man:cool:
Slade
(Evan)
Thanks Evan, it has been rough the last few months, she has been constantly sick with the Chemo and then finding out it wasn;t working really took the wind out of her sales... at least we got to renew our vows saturday, we had never had a real wedding before when we got married in 73.. I have never seen her smile that much before...
thanks again for the prayers.
Tim

·
Registered
71 Posts
The red is absolutely beautiful! This is exactly what I needed to keep from running out and buying an RKSport Solstice! Thanks!

I'm holding out to see one in Fusion Orange before deciding on my color, though.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
The Chili pepper red has to be the best color for this car, It just looks so sporty... Well My dealer said the same things as you have about ordering and release dates... He has been in touch with Jill also, and informed her and all of Saturn management about my wife's condition, and they said they would do their best to tey to help us out... Please everyone keep my wife Beverly in your prayers, We just forund out friday that the Chemo is not working and the 3 tumors are still growing... They told us also that the one in her spine is pressing against the nerves and if the radiation treatments she is taking now do not work she could be paralyzed from the waist down in 6 weeks...
Tim...

I don't even know what to say but that I'm praying hard for you and your wife. I can't imagine how you and her feel. The worst news one can get. If something like this would happen to me or my wife of 15 years I would be devastated. I'm glad you are holding on to something to keep you going. You know we are all here to support you and your wife the best we can.

Take care of yourself too...

Sincerely,

:mad: S.D. :mad:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Tim...

I don't even know what to say but that I'm praying hard for you and your wife. I can't imagine how you and her feel. The worst news one can get. If something like this would happen to me or my wife of 15 years I would be devastated. I'm glad you are holding on to something to keep you going. You know we are all here to support you and your wife the best we can.

Take care of yourself too...

Sincerely,

:mad: S.D. :mad:
Thanks, after 32 years together this has been the hardest thing we have been through... she is a fighter and she will hang on as long as she can.. she just wants to enjoy what time we have left together, that is why tomorrow we are heading for Myrtle Beach.. it has been 2 years since we went on a real vacation..

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Tim -- My best to and for your wife. We will be married 34 years this month so my feelings about your life's journey are most likely very simular... I will think of you both, much...

As far as color -- I used to like silver but have had a silver EC2 for 8 years. Had red, did black - white... SO I'm going with YELLOW... :cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Tim -- My best to and for your wife. We will be married 34 years this month so my feelings about your life's journey are most likely very simular... I will think of you both, much...

As far as color -- I used to like silver but have had a silver EC2 for 8 years. Had red, did black - white... SO I'm going with YELLOW... :cool:
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

well I have had only one yellow vehicle and it was a Lemon from the day I bought it... It was a 1976 CJ7....
I have had about every color you can get and my two favorites have been Blue and red, and since they don't have a shade of blue I like I am going with the red... But like everything else everyone has their own tastes in colors...

·
Registered
411 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Thanks Evan, it has been rough the last few months, she has been constantly sick with the Chemo and then finding out it wasn't working really took the wind out of her sales... at least we got to renew our vows saturday, we had never had a real wedding before when we got married in 73.. I have never seen her smile that much before...
thanks again for the prayers.
Tim

That's awesome that you renewed your vows, I know that meant alot to her as it did you. :) Red is a kool choice. I liked the Silver Pearl in the pics, because the silver colors ussually don't look as dirty but do show the edges and curves the best in my opinion, but i can't decide untill I see all colors on the Sky.

Have a great day

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Angelqute1

Glad to hear you had such a good experience again. And you got to sit in it. WOW I'm turning Green here :rolleyes:

I was really hoping to get a pic of you sitting in the Sky. I think everyone who gets to see it or better yet sit in it should get and post a pic. What a trophy that would be. Well you seem to have this seeing the Sky thing figured out now and I'm sure you'll see it again before the delivery date.

I really am dying over here. I want to see that dam car so bad. I'd sell my so.. Hmmm... wait I'd better becareful about that. Anyway congrats again...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rick, there is a TERRIBLE picture of me in the car. It's posted by MichMCC on one of the threads. There's a pic of me in the car, a pic of him in the car and a pic of us standing together....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I didn't find the post but that's ok. I just think that if you're luck enough to see on or even better get in one your momemt in the sun or Sky should get the attention it deserves. I doubt I'll get close enough to get in one but if I do, my wife will hopefully be there with the camera.

You are only the second person I've heard of being able to sit in a Sky (except for the mullet). I'm really interested in hearing how someone my height feels about the car. I'm around 5'9".

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I found them. Way kool!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts