1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Not a great review. Said most of what everyone else has said. Didn't like the flash of the t-rex image. I don't like it when people try to put negative stuff into my head like that. Thanks for the post though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
where did they find that nerd!?

Where did they find that goof!? Seriously, if you watch the video, turn down the audio.... video great... audio bad...what a nerd!!!!

·
Registered
18,274 Posts
what didn't u like what he said....he told the truth....the mirror and power window buttons r hard to reach...no real compartment space....no trunk...no console...I love my car...but let's be real...does the truth hurt? We know there are several drawbacks....wheel rub...transmission problems with both automatic and stick...door latch problems, etc....no car is perfect...the fault finder finds fault even in paradise.

He certainly explained the positive...and did it well. LIVE WITH IT!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
marlboromike said:
what didn't u like what he said....
I think the other poster was referring to how he speaks in a monotone, nasally, whinny voice. Ironic how he says in the begining "Saturn needs some real excitement...".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Honest and straight forward facts without any emotional hoopla. Can't wait to see the redline myself. The big question is will she be ready for the autocross? All in all, he was pretty complimentary on vehicles strengths and shortcomings. All first year models have shortcomings but they are often worth the bother. Mine sure is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks for the link, Ill add it to the video collection on my other thread.

·
Registered
637 Posts
marlboromike said:
what didn't u like what he said....he told the truth....the mirror and power window buttons r hard to reach...no real compartment space....no trunk...no console...I love my car...but let's be real...does the truth hurt? We know there are several drawbacks....wheel rub...transmission problems with both automatic and stick...door latch problems, etc....no car is perfect...the fault finder finds fault even in paradise.

He certainly explained the positive...and did it well. LIVE WITH IT!!
You obviously missed my point...I wasn't commenting on the content of his commentary, just how difficult he is to listen to...he needs to stick to writing, which I'm sure he does very well.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I believe he also missed the third cup holder. But I wasn't going to watch it again just to be sure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Agree, horrible audio. Sounds like a high schooler making a video for his English class.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I too believe the video was good, butttttt He did exaggerate about putting the top back down. You do not have to close the door first and its only takes me less than 60 seconds, not minutes. I just did a Vegas trip, with my sister and got way more than 1 duffle bag in it. I believe that he was not honest there. Just my thoughts...:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I guess I miss some issues.....I want a "Sports Car". :cool: I will have both hands on the wheel unless one is operating controls :driving: ...) I won't be talking on the phone or having my breakfast. I'll be driving. As for having to actually get up and out of the car to put the top up:willy: errrrr, ........DUDE???.......ever drive a TR-3? or a Morgan, an MG-TC or the wounderious 356-C??? ? :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Watch him put up the roof. First why did he have to close the door to put up the roof? Second "Time Him"! He took longer complaining about the roof than it actually took to put it up. He was under 30 seconds to put the roof up. That aint bad! Anyway I think he didn't like the car and put together a negative report basied on that (including the T-Rex).

·
Registered
45 Posts
great video! i agree...it hardly took him a minute to put the top up.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
JerseyCitySky said:
great video! i agree...it hardly took him a minute to put the top up.:thumbs:
I thought it was a good review, he did make too much about that top, other than that it was a very positive review.

His presentation was lousy and he was very nerdy. I also didn't like his dissing the ION. I think it is pretty stylish myself. I got several unsolicited compliments from strangers when I first got my car.

ION2004diag.jpg

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
richmcc said:
I also didn't like his dissing the ION. I think it is pretty stylish myself. I got several unsolicited compliments from strangers when I first got my car.

View attachment 4726
Hubby LOVES his ION also....:thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
For someone to complain about putting the top up and down on this car is reeediculous!!! I had a camaro with T-tops...now that's a pain in the axe!!! Or even try a targa top...jeez, some people will find anything to complain about.:brentil:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think he just doesn't like to actually get up from his seat :lol: Like the vid makes me think I should take his job. He did mess about while trying put top up he wasn't very efficent with his moves. Makes me wonder if he is one those idiots who would try pop top while driving down highway. I saw some fool try to take out one his t-tops doing 60mph :banghead: guess what happened.... It went flying through the air and shattered on the road what a fool:eek: I liked sound of car at end anyone know if that was with or without the air intake? As for the controls on side i think he purposely makes it look more awkward then it is.

btw which thread has video collection?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts