Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most everyone seems to like the Sky better but Sol forum has so many more members and guests at any given time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sky_vue said:
It's cause we suck :mad: , I kid I kid.. they were there first.. and the Sol has gotten a bigger push.. I think..
look now 3 members....17 guests....that sucks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
PaulWall said:
look now 3 members....17 guests....that sucks!
I like it that way, I want the Sky to be #2 in sales, gives it a more distinguished feel.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
PaulWall said:
Most everyone seems to like the Sky better but Sol forum has so many more members and guests at any given time.
Technicaly that's an opinion, not factual. Also the Solstice starts production this week, the Sky is more then likely ~6 months off. The Solstice forum has been around at least a year longer, gotten more advertisement time, and has far more dealerships. Pontiac brands also have a much larger following then Saturn as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i agree with the above.

once the sky hits production week, i can garauntee that you will see a lot more activity here, though maybe not quite as high as the sol.

sky sales should be about 50% of what the sol sales will be (GM ideal) so naturally you will see less activity here than on the solsticeforum.

either way, the cars speak for themselves, and i take no insult that my car will be rare.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Yeah, the Sky hasn't been to as many car shows or prime time television spots as the Solstice yet. :D

Expect this place to be fairly hopping by ~Feb 2006.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looking for the double take

Oh look at THAT roadster..
That's one of those Ponti... NO it's not
WOW -- That's A SATURN!?!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm just happy this forum found me.. the last one was for my Saturn Vue, and it was a life saver.. allowing me to mind kinks and problems and showing how to best deal with it under warrantee.

If nothing else.. I know this forum will be a great place to discuss any problems that may (or more likely will) come up with the production model.

Thank the heavens for the Sky Forum.. :cheers:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Oh look at THAT roadster..
That's one of those Ponti... NO it's not
WOW -- That's A SATURN!?!
Doubletake is so true!! This car will cause a Doubletake Epidemic all over the nation. Think about it,... A car company that goes from Granny mobiles throughout the whole 90's, then in early 2k starts with the Ion Redline Quad Coupes, and THEN.... it all comes together with the hottest designs to make your mouth water but not break your bank. anyway.

·
Registered
185 Posts
PaulWall said:
Most YOUNGER people tend to like the Sky better. Most older folks like the Solstice better. At least polls both here and on Solstice Forum bear that conclusion.

As to why the Solstice Forum is so much busier - the car is close to being introduced, so that is where the press, speculation and photos are all coming from. Wait until close to the Sky's introduction, and it will be very busy here as well.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Polls at the Solstice forum have shown a heavier bias towards people over 25 years of age, however the people in that age group are still a fairly large number of people. Over here though the age is more of the under 40 crowd, with a very heave bias on the 25 year old age group.

I chalk it up to the Sky looking more like most of your import tuner cars/body kits due to it's front fascia then the Solstice.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just wish the Solstice had a cooler front end. Then I would lease one till my SKY Redline comes out. Of course it's preference over different design. (*Respecting everyone's preference.) The Solstice is still Hott lookin and both cars will get alot of looks. I mean there smartly aimed towards people who like different styles, which is so smart on GM's behalf. Sol does have sort of a BMW feel for the front end. besides that, every other part of the car is really hottt though. The SKY just looks more like a race car like mini viper, Opel Roadster, Mini Corvette, etc. But still original, takes alot from of the sweetest parts of the hottest cars ive seen. :cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just joined, so add 1 more to the mix! Now time to read through all the posts and absorb as much info as I can on it. It's definitely one hot car!!

I agree that the Sol has more publicity, which is largely due to the fact that it will be available sooner. Once we get closer to production we will see more publicity and thus more interest in the Sky.

:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 35 and I like them equally, but for different reasons. I think the Sky is sexier, sleeker, but the Sol is more timeless looking and will be more (hmm)desirable? 10+ years from now. I'd take either one and will probably order the one that ships with FI first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like them both! I think the Solstice has more of that Old Roadster look while the Sky has more of that New Sports Car look.
My decision was easy though - I couldn't wait another year for the Sky... And I was lucky enough to get in on the First 1000 Deal! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
mcbman said:
:rolleyes:
I guess you think all the old 50's model Vettes were feminine looking too huh?
Dig out R&T mags from a few years back when there were some ads depicting the beautiful sensuous never ending curves combimig flesh and metal...Hon, I read it for the articles, honest! Traditionally cars have been feminine, that's why female names are most popular among named cars.

Taking "Miss Vicky" (for interior designer VV) for a spin down to the Piggly Wiggly sounds more pleasant than slappin' "George's" stick through the gears. :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
achieftain said:
Taking "Miss Vicky" (for interior designer VV) for a spin down to the Piggly Wiggly sounds more pleasant than slappin' "George's" stick through the gears. :lol:
Ewwwwwwwwww... :eek:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts