• Prefer SOLSTICE, I'm 46 or older

Votes: 39 4.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did Solstice polls a while back that showed a wide range of buyer ages. Let's see how Sky stacks up. Is SKY drawing a younger crowd and Solstice older?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I voted for the Sky
I like it little bit better
But I have only seen pics
Also I really like the CTS until I sat in one.
So much of my finially decision depands how I feel once I am sitting in one

·
Registered
149 Posts
As things stand now and using only pictures as a means to determine how these cars look I am leaning towards the Sky. Once we get more info. on interiors and "other" facts this might change.

·
Registered
727 Posts
After a day of reflection I decided I still like the Solstice better. So I chose that (age 26-35). However, I will add one caveat, I have had the good fortune to see the Solstice in person, while I am judging the Sky based on photographs alone. I find that I generally like cars a lot better when I see them in person, so my answer is certainly a little biased.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Fformula88 said:
After a day of reflection I decided I still like the Solstice better. So I chose that (age 26-35). However, I will add one caveat, I have had the good fortune to see the Solstice in person, while I am judging the Sky based on photographs alone. I find that I generally like cars a lot better when I see them in person, so my answer is certainly a little biased.
Yeah, exactly. Seeing the Solstice in person is a wonderful thing. Having seen the Solstice in person also definetely made it a lot harder to choose, but I still love the Sky styling more. However I still love the Solstice too. I'm really debating just ordering a Solstice now anyways, and using it till the high output Sky is available.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, so far Sky seems to be holding up for all ages too but does appear to have better following in 18-25 than Solstice. Both Sky and Solstice doing well with 46 and up crowd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I still prefer the solstice. I am a 23 year old guy so I guess I am in the minority in my demographic since most others prefer the sky (stupid name). Admitedly, if i were just looking at the pictures of the two I would have chosen the sky, but i saw the solstice at the chicago show. Let me tell you the pictures do not do the solstice justice, it is such a beautiful car and the subtle curves and personality of the car just cannot be captured by film.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow, the demographic spread for both of these vehicles is fairly close! Maybe if we get some more replys they will seperate a little more, but so far I'd say they are pretty much even at this point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting thing about this poll is, the Sky and Solstice are much more even than the other polls. Tends to make me believe that there are some older folks out there that like the Solstice better, but aren't comfortable with this poll. I guess it's early, and it might change, but we only get about 35 responses to a poll here at best, so I'd say this one's almost done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The thing with polls like this is you are only going to get results from computer savvy members of the forum. My vote was for Solstice ad that's why I'm here -over 46, by the way. There is a whole group out there that will NEVER spend as little as we will for either of these vehicles - just because. For them that has it there is the XLR and C6.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
After more reflection and gazing at pictures I like the Solstice better. Over 46

·
Registered
727 Posts
achieftain said:
There is a whole group out there that will NEVER spend as little as we will for either of these vehicles - just because. For them that has it there is the XLR and C6.
Thats just fine. It leaves more of the kappa's for us! Besides, I cannot really blame them. If I could easily afford a more expensive car without sacrificing too much other stuff, I'd probably get a C6 Corvette, or possibly one of the other more expensive roadsters on the market too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, the good news is that there are no losers in this poll... :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Unfortunately, this poll is kinda meaningless-- except to show what readers of this internet forum are favoring-- which is a tiny, niche group of buyers-- it excludes the vast majority of the market who have never heard of this place.

No offence meant-- believe me -- I think this is a cool poll--for those of us here on the forum. It's just not indicative of the real buying pool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
mdlestat said:
Unfortunately, this poll is kinda meaningless--
I would agree partially with you... the poll doesn't account for everyone that would like a SKY. The poll doesn't account for us older folks... I am 55 and I think the SKY is awesome... you have room for more age categories. :)

The next age poll please add ages from 46-55, 55-65, over 65 for those of us that are old farts can be counted! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Iam the big 30 and Iam totally for the sky now. On the Solstice site I heard they don't get any options on it, that really sucks they can't choose anything but the color. No way I need options :willy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm 20, and I absolutely love both the Solstice and the Sky, but I gotta say that the Sky edges out the Solstice hands down in the looks department. I am in awe of the sculpted vent behind the front wheel (Very SRT/10ish).

I love the sharply creased lines in the hood and following all the way back to the tail lights. I'm not sure how, but the Sky looks more hunkered down and ready to attack where as the Solstice reminds me more of carving gracefully up and down canyons at well above the posted speed limit.

I can't wait to see a Sky in person...as seeing with your own two eyes is far different than drolling over pictures. I feel the same way about the 91-95 Toyota MR2s. No matter how good one looks in a picture, you have to look, feel, and experience the car to grasp the full effect. :cheers:

Glad to see a few of the geezers are even interested in a car I thought mainly would be popular with the import tuner crowd. ( I'm also impressed to see someone over the age of 35 who can operate a computer! ) J/k, you know I love you guys!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts