Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the sky, and I'm definitely happy I changed my mind over the solstice, but does anyone else feel like the sol's interior is about 10x cleaner/nicer looking than our sky's? The silver connecting the gauges down to the shifter looks much cleaner, less clutter, and it seems to just look more smooth imo. The only thing that's silly about the sol's is that weird handle bar thing but overall I think its much better. I guess I wouldn't buy a car because of a little better interior...but It doesn't make much sense why it looks so much less modern when it came out after the sol? Anybody else feel the same? Also I wish the sky had the newer looking round ac vents vs. old looking saturn-esque ones.:banghead:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually I prefer the SKY's interior, it seems to have more "character."

Anne

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
To me the Sol interior is sparse, plain and boy-racer. It is perfect for the rounder retro look that is Solstice. SKY is sophiscated and aggresive and much more luxurious -- Just a totally different look for two different cars.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I think nothing can compare to the Red Leather that the SKY offers, but not the Solstice. I have seen the steel/sand combo on the Solstice too, and I think the grey just looks like cheap plastic versus the Saturn Black.

Some of the lines are nice on the Solstice interior, but they lost me with their color pallette. I am quite happy with my SKY interior, and I would not change it for any other.

·
Registered
514 Posts
GM purposely designed the Sky to be more upscale. I sat in a Solstice and thought it was really cheap on the inside. It was a huge let down, the pics on the Internet look better than real life. I was totally set on a Solstice until I saw them side by side at a car show, the Sky took my breath away.

·
Registered
322 Posts
In MHO, :D my decision to purchase was based in very large part on the appearance of the SKY interior, as well as the more "up-scale" look of the body and trim.

I do love the rounded retro 60's look of the Sol. For me its a "way-back" look like an old AC Bristol/MGA....(sort of). I can see one in BRG with a trunk rack looking a bit like the grandson of an MGA. (sort of:rolleyes: )

I was NEVER a vette fan but was won over by the clean interior of the SKY and the clean look of the exterior and of course the twin cowels on the rear deck (this sold my wife of all things!!!).

Interior space being not an issue with me, the "look" of a clean interior with out fancy "swoops" of the Sol, made the decision. BUT this is opinion and like so many other things.:) .....its mine for now:jester:

·
Registered
16 Posts
There aren't any Sky's at the dealer anymore so I sat in a Solstice just to help with the wait on my Sky. I didn't feel all that great afterwards. Started questioning my purchase decision as I felt the interior was rather cheap (especially the chrome look ring around the shifter). Went on the internet and looked at pictures of the Sky interior. I'm happy again. I don't think the Solstice interior compares with the style and quality of the Sky.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love the sky, and I'm definitely happy I changed my mind over the solstice, but does anyone else feel like the sol's interior is about 10x cleaner/nicer looking than our sky's? The silver connecting the gauges down to the shifter looks much cleaner, less clutter, and it seems to just look more smooth imo. The only thing that's silly about the sol's is that weird handle bar thing but overall I think its much better. I guess I wouldn't buy a car because of a little better interior...but It doesn't make much sense why it looks so much less modern when it came out after the sol? Anybody else feel the same? Also I wish the sky had the newer looking round ac vents vs. old looking saturn-esque ones.:banghead:

WOW I have never heard someone say they prefer the Solstice interior over the Sky's. I think the Sky's interior is to a car what a metrosexual is to a guy that's all:lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
I decided that I preferred the Sky interior to the Solstice based on pictures. In pictures I preferred the Solstice exterior to the Sky. Then I saw a Sky in person, and there was no debate anymore. Better interior, better exterior. Not perfect, nothing ever is, but, wow, its so close.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Could someone post a side-by-side photo for those of us to lazy to look up pictures of the Sol. ourselves? :) Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i'm completely shocked you all like the sky's interior better, i'm glad you all do, i'm sure it will grow on me once mine ever comes in. I just like the the aforementioned items better on the solstice and the white guages as well. just my opinion. glad to see so many happy owners though i suppose.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I think the Sol's interior is very pontiac.... While I dont dislike it.... I think the SKY is much nicer...

·
Registered
133 Posts
GM purposely designed the Sky to be more upscale. I sat in a Solstice and thought it was really cheap on the inside. It was a huge let down, the pics on the Internet look better than real life. I was totally set on a Solstice until I saw them side by side at a car show, the Sky took my breath away.

:agree: :agree: :agree:
We were set on getting a Solstice until we saw them side by side and the Solstice lost.:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree and say the Sol interior is so superior!!! :D

Having been in both I have to say I like my driver oriented Solstice interior much better. Also the round AC vents get a major :thumbs: from me compared to the square ones. They just make me think of my 1981 Volvo when I see them.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree and say the Sol interior is so superior!!! :D

Having been in both I have to say I like my driver oriented Solstice interior much better. Also the round AC vents get a major :thumbs: from me compared to the square ones. They just make me think of my 1981 Volvo when I see them.
We need more sky owner administrators :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts