Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was at the detroit autoshow last month, I was pestering a Saturn rep for details on all sorts of things. When I asked him about the price of the Sky vs. the Solstice he told me it would be marginally more expensive. I continued to get him to define marginally... his answer $500-$1000 USD. So the expected base price of the Sky should be $20,495 to $20,995 USD.

Cheers,
Your canadian friend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
andrewplanet said:
When I was at the detroit autoshow last month, I was pestering a Saturn rep for details on all sorts of things. When I asked him about the price of the Sky vs. the Solstice he told me it would be marginally more expensive. I continued to get him to define marginally... his answer $500-$1000 USD. So the expected base price of the Sky should be $20,495 to $20,995 USD.

Cheers,
Your canadian friend
Welcome Andrewplanet, but all our info says diferent. The SKY comes already with a lot of standard features that are options on the Solstice. The quoted price at NAIAS was 25K USD from the president of Saturn. Yes if you were to take the standard features away, then the SKY would be about the same as the Solstice, however you can not order one that way and for that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably right and the guy may very well be full of it but I guess there's always hoping there was some sliver of truth in that :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Party line on Sky is "under $25,000" USD. As LV says, lot's of options included drives up the price a bit from Solstice which comes more stripped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
andrewplanet said:
When I was at the detroit autoshow last month, I was pestering a Saturn rep for details on all sorts of things. When I asked him about the price of the Sky vs. the Solstice he told me it would be marginally more expensive. I continued to get him to define marginally... his answer $500-$1000 USD. So the expected base price of the Sky should be $20,495 to $20,995 USD.

Cheers,
Your canadian friend
On an apples to apples comparison (simlarly equipped Solstice vs Sky), I believe there will only be $1000 diff between the 2 cars. But as the others have said (above), the Sky will come with more stuff standard.
Wil try to pump the spokesperson for more info at the upcoming CIAS in Toronto. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think the Sky will be at the Toronto show. It's not listed as one of the shows that will get to see it. That's why I made the drive to Detroit :D. But I'm sure you can still pump the rep for info there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
We've heard conflicting reports on price. There's actually been no real figure given. We've been told "under $25,000" and "over $20,000."

If you look at my price charts...
http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm
http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/sky.htm
You can get an idea of what is standard on the Sky that's optional on the Solstice. Based off of this we can determine the Sky will at least cost $23,500. Now that Saturn is going to be considred and upscale division, you can probably tach on an extra $1,000 "upscale brand name cost," and you're at $24,500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Don't forget to figure in the Saturn style of pricing. Same set price for each and every buyer at each and every dealer , without a trade. No negotiating. (Or so all their advertising and hype has led us to believe) Even though both Kappas will be commanding close to MSRP at the beginning I would think that Saturn's price structure would totally prohibit anything over MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
achieftain said:
Don't forget to figure in the Saturn style of pricing. Same set price for each and every buyer at each and every dealer , without a trade. No negotiating. (Or so all their advertising and hype has led us to believe) Even though both Kappas will be commanding close to MSRP at the beginning I would think that Saturn's price structure would totally prohibit anything over MSRP.
And perhaps anything under MSRP as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Do Saturn dealers do year end rebates to get rid of overstock/last year models like most other dealers do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anybody here bought from Saturn before? Does this mean you can't get your price below MSRP. It would be insane to allow the dealership to stick you with their 15% markup (MSRP price). Haggling is all part of the fun of buying a car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
andrewplanet said:
Has anybody here bought from Saturn before? Does this mean you can't get your price below MSRP. It would be insane to allow the dealership to stick you with their 15% markup (MSRP price). Haggling is all part of the fun of buying a car.
Saturn has been the friendly no-haggle price dealership since it's beginning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know that saturn does this no-haggle thing but does this mean that you are paying MSRP or some reasonable price in between dealer cost and typical MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
andrewplanet said:
I know that saturn does this no-haggle thing but does this mean that you are paying MSRP or some reasonable price in between dealer cost and typical MSRP.
I thought it was sticker price but I've never bought a Saturn...anyone?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Yeah, if it's what every Saturn dealership sells it at, then I'm guessing that's MSRP. Also saying 'no hassle, no hagle' implies not having to work it down to MSRP, and at the same time implies not beign able to haggle below MSRP.

I just hope they allow the GM Card points by the time the Sky comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
andrewplanet said:
I don't think the Sky will be at the Toronto show. It's not listed as one of the shows that will get to see it. That's why I made the drive to Detroit :D. But I'm sure you can still pump the rep for info there.
Looks like you coulda saved your gas as the GM Canada website now lists both the Solstice and Sky as being shown at the CIAS in Toronto (Feb 18th - 27th). :)
http://www.gmcanada.com/static/engl...r.html?adv=2724
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
You may be able to buy or lease a Sky from other dealships or car brokes for a better price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, if it's what every Saturn dealership sells it at, then I'm guessing that's MSRP. Also saying 'no hassle, no hagle' implies not having to work it down to MSRP, and at the same time implies not beign able to haggle below MSRP.

I just hope they allow the GM Card points by the time the Sky comes out.

We've had a number of Saturns in the family over the years (my youngest son has one right now), and generally there's no haggling on the price EXCEPT for prior model year in the Sept/Oct timeframe - - and you can really negotiate a huge discount (as my son did) when you combine (a) with the end of a current model run and a new model has been introduced (he got a GT$5K reduction).
As for the GM points, my experience has been mixed. Our last purchase was a Saab 9-2X (purchased at Saturn-Saab) and GM did not allow GM Card points til the 5 month after introduction.
So, if the SKY is a hit and demand exceeds supply, GM may hold off on the points until demand slows (and that may not be til the fall of 2006).
That's why I switched to the CitiBank Drivers Edge card. I only get 2%, but I can use it for any new or used car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Is there a max amount of discount on the CitiBank card that you can use on a car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
airbalancer said:
Is there a max amount of discount on the CitiBank card that you can use on a car?
The Citi Driver's Edge Platinum MasterCard allows you to earn up to $5,000 (2% of your purchases) towards the purchase of any brand of vehicle - new or used. I've used it on the purchase of my last 3 vehicles, so I know it works.
BTW, there is no annual fee and the card has all the perks (e.g. collision/loss damage waiver for car rentals, $500K travel/baggae insurance, etc).
It's a heck of a deal for no cost. :)
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top