Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Everyone has something negative to say about that rear end,,,,but u want to be apologetic in your reply.....what is it with all of you....can't u say it is UGLY?

·
Super Moderator
5,123 Posts
Everyone has something negative to say about that rear end,,,,but u want to be apologetic in your reply.....what is it with all of you....can't u say it is UGLY?
I don't consider it apologetic at all, simply acknowledgment that what appeals to some people may not appeal to all. I think it is called "being polite".

·
Super Moderator
5,123 Posts
Lipstick on a pig
The implication using this idiom is that the sky is an ugly car, and putting the wide rear on it didn't do enough to make it not look ugly still.

Might want to chose a different one. =P
I was thinking the same thing. You beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
To me it needs an indentation on the front, not only for looks but for strength. I don't have a problem with widening the fenders, I just don't like the look of this. Our lines are smooth, flowing. That looks like the only idea was to widen the fenders, be damned with the appearance. If I was going to do something like this, ducting for brake cooling would be the look I would be going for, plus possibly some venting on the back side, like on the new AMG converts. Don't know the number of the Benz, as I don't follow the make, but have seen some on the road and liked the look.

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
To me it needs an indentation on the front, not only for looks but for strength. I don't have a problem with widening the fenders, I just don't like the look of this. Our lines are smooth, flowing. That looks like the only idea was to widen the fenders, be damned with the appearance. If I was going to do something like this, ducting for brake cooling would be the look I would be going for, plus possibly some venting on the back side, like on the new AMG converts. Don't know the number of the Benz, as I don't follow the make, but have seen some on the road and liked the look.
I told him the same thing on Facebook. His original idea was more squared and with a vent like the DTM cars. This rounded version I don't like but I give the guy props for trying. More than I've done.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts