Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was calling around today trying to find another dealership so I could move up in position on the RedLine list. You are NOT gonna believe what a dealership GM told me today :mad: The GM in Fayetteville Arkansas told me that to be honest they werent putting any effort into the Sky sales, he said the Sky will "sell its self" and that they needed to put their emphasis on the other products. This was in response my to casual comment on how difficult it is to get them to return phone calls or emails. I politely told him that I thought that they were "missing the boat". Previously I would have NEVER considered purchasing a Saturn product and that the Sky was there chance to win me over. He went on to say he didnt think the people buying Skys would purchase other Saturn products anyway. Urgghhhhhh, what an IDIOT :mad:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It's funny when they starved for sales -- everyone who walked through the door was their buddy.
Take heart though the good, honest and enthusiastic Saturn people still exist. My store where Sunni1 will be delivered still is one of the nicest places to visit. Since they have sold all their SKYs they can still give their attention to any car. Even Sky and the Red Line as they get ready to gear up for the next onslaught.
Find another Saturn Store!
:cheers: :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It's going to some of their heads. You're right they don't get it. I to am someone that wouldn't have bought a Saturn product prior to the Sky. It's the new line that I am interested in. The new line makes them competitive with the other manufacturers. It's Saturn Sales and Service that will get me to sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
337 Posts
They Are Not Idiots...they Are Right!

ineedmorebotox said:
I was calling around today trying to find another dealership so I could move up in position on the RedLine list. You are NOT gonna believe what a dealership GM told me today :mad: The GM in Fayetteville Arkansas told me that to be honest they werent putting any effort into the Sky sales, he said the Sky will "sell its self" and that they needed to put their emphasis on the other products. This was in response my to casual comment on how difficult it is to get them to return phone calls or emails. I politely told him that I thought that they were "missing the boat". Previously I would have NEVER considered purchasing a Saturn product and that the Sky was there chance to win me over. He went on to say he didnt think the people buying Skys would purchase other Saturn products anyway. Urgghhhhhh, what an IDIOT :mad:

Hate to say it but they are not idiots Ronda :nono: ..they are right!

My dealership isn't putting any efforts into the SKY sales either...they as well believe they need to put more efforts in the other new cars they will be coming out soon...THEY DONT NEED TO WIN YOU OVER OR ANYONE ELSE...PERIOD! Infact they wish they didn't even have to sell the Sky...Having such a HOT ITEM for Saturn and their sales crews is new for them...the crap they have to deal with....from phone calls everyday to weekly dealership visits again and again from soon to be SKY owners still waiting. It's to the point they don't even want to mention the Sky when customers come into the dealerships. Day and Day out...Customers ask: Where is my Sky? When is it coming in? Why is it taking so long. I want my Sky by summer...etc, etc, etc...I was there first hand at the dealership to see it myself...If i was them I would have flip out on some of them by now!

These cars ARE selling themselves!
If you are a new SATURN CUSTOMER most likely he/she was right...THEY WON'T BE PRUCHASING ANY other Saturn.

I will NEVER pruchase any other type of car from Saturn...the Sky/Redline did it for me...And it sold itself...I went into the dealership and said where do I sign.

In many ways many of the Saturn Dealerships feel the same way...personally I understand how they feel...I buy and sell myself.

I visit them once every 3 weeks or so and call them maybe once every few weeks...They get enough crap from other soon to be Sky owners...

When My Sky comes in...it comes in...no biggy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can see the salesperson's point as well. I bought the SKY because its an awesome car. I was never before interested in Saturns, and nothing else they currently sell interests me. Unless they start coming out with more hot cars like the SKY, I probably wont ever purchase another Saturn. Some people love them, and my experience with them was a good one, nothing wrong with that, it's just my preference and the salesperson was right on when it comes to me at least.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
REDSKY said:

My dealership isn't putting any efforts into the SKY sales either...they as well believe they need to put more efforts in the other new cars they will be coming out soon...THEY DONT NEED TO WIN YOU OVER OR ANYONE ELSE...PERIOD! Infact they wish they didn't even have to sell the Sky...Having such a HOT ITEM for Saturn and their sales crews is new for them...the crap they have to deal with....from phone calls everyday to weekly dealership visits again and again from soon to be SKY owners still waiting. It's to the point they don't even want to mention the Sky when customers come into the dealerships. Day and Day out...Customers ask: Where is my Sky? When is it coming in? Why is it taking so long. I want my Sky by summer...etc, etc, etc...I was there first hand at the dealership to see it myself...If i was them I would have flip out on some of them by now!

If you are a new SATURN CUSTOMER most likely he/she was right...THEY WON'T BE PRUCHASING ANY other Saturn.

I will NEVER pruchase any other type of car from Saturn...the Sky/Redline did it for me...And it sold itself...I went into the dealership and said where do I sign.

In many ways many of the Saturn Dealerships feel the same way...personally I understand how they feel...I buy and sell myself.

I visit them once every 3 weeks or so and call them maybe once every few weeks...They get enough crap from other soon to be Sky owners...

:agree:

another point one salesman made was that they need to make their money today with the sales of cars. Not by convincing someone to put down on a deposit and hope that they actually close the deal 6months to a year from now. They would rather focus on the sure, quick money by selling vues that they have available to people walking in and usually close the deal within a few days.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
REDSKY said:

:lol: okay, okay, I see your point. I am just a poor ole work stiff but I have lots of credit. :D So I am used to people falling all over me at the Cadillac, Chevy, Ford, Audi type places where I have previously purchased. But I still believe that Saturn could come out of this with a black eye if they dont handle it correctly. I am not in sales - I am in healthcare. So I definately have a different perpective. Its just frustrating :banghead: to try to give somebody money and they arent happy about it ??????

·
Registered
18,046 Posts
Have to agree with the sales people. The Sky sells itself....and it is a PLEASANT nuisance to them. The SKY is their flagship to get the family guy to come in to look at the AURA....the problem being...the Aura won't be out until Fall also...so, the Sky brings in a consumer who may just fantasize and the Aura is not in their showroom...TIMING IS EVERYTHING.

Why some members don't understand business...it is about money/sales...and the SKY is just the bait.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
He's wrong about people buying Skys would not purchase other Saturn products. When my wife and I went to test drive the Sky and put down a deposit on the Sky we were looking at the Vue on the showroom floor. We compared it to our 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited. I could not see much difference except the Vue was several thousand less than the Highlander. I'll look at other Saturns if my experience with the Sky and with the Saturn dealership turns out to be good.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
marlboromike said:
Have to agree with the sales people. The Sky sells itself....and it is a PLEASANT nuisance to them. The SKY is their flagship to get the family guy to come in to look at the AURA....the problem being...the Aura won't be out until Fall also...so, the Sky brings in a consumer who may just fantasize and the Aura is not in their showroom...TIMING IS EVERYTHING.

Why some members don't understand business...it is about money/sales...and the SKY is just the bait.
Mike - dont take this wrong - but not all of us understand business because we arent in "business". I work in healthcare and EVERYBODY knows how healthcare works, (or should I say we are all left in the dark as to how healtcare works):) Anyways, very different world to say the least. But long story short I attempt to give EXCELLENT customer service everyday. I return phone calls, even after hours, or from home. My home phone number is published in the phone book, I wear my pager at all times unless I am off on vacation, etc. etc. MMMM, the folks that sell us our medical equipment are johnny on the spot, return phone calls and emails ASAP etc. I think most folks attempt to give great customer service. The whole Saturn deal just seems odd to me. :confused: Especially since they brag on their customer service? How can you throw that out the window just because you suddenly have a hot car ????

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
My "Inside" View!!!

REDSKY said:

From a salesperson's point of view...

I'm very excited about the SKY; :thumbs: I have a RedLine on order for myself and 12 of the 28 Regular SKY orders on our store are from my customers, with that said, I was pretty worn out after having a SKY on our showroom for a week. I had the keys and everyone that came to the store wanted to look at it. I couldn't show much since it was a SOLD unit but it became pretty overwhelming after a few days.

Since all of ours are pre-sold I have been showing a car that can't be driven, can be sat on, only looked at. People got pretty pissed that they could not even sit in it. :banghead:

The SKY is considered Saturn's HALO car which is meant to bring customers to Saturn Retailers that would had not come to see what Saturn offer if the SKY was not available.

We were recently told that we need to still take orders for the SKY but we need to focus on the vehicles we can actually deliver NOW and not on the ones we will deliver (maybe) in 6 to 9 months. :eek: As much as I'm not 100% behind that, it makes financial sense. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sky Spy - if everyone was as up front as you we would all be good. I bet you dont do any of the crazy dealer add on's (without approval) or outlandish markups. Heck order me a RedLine and I will fly out to South Carolina and pick it up. You seem pretty dang sharp to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,447 Posts
REDSKY said:

They are only HALF right.

First, the Sky will sell itself...but it's not going to sell YOUR dealership or YOUR sales department or YOUR service bay. YOU are. And if I call you up asking about a Sky, and you don't return my phone calls and you don't follow up guess what? My car...which will not be purchased from you...will never see your service bay...when I need a different car...it won't come off your lot whether it be new OR used. (Remember, dealers sell used cars too so even if I'm not looking at a Saturn...) When I talk to friends that may be interested in an SUV or Family Sedan, I'm not going to send them to your dealership to try out the other new cars that Saturn s coming out with and point to my Sky as a precursour of things to come from Saturn.

No, you get good service you tell 10 people...you get horrible service and you tell 1000. They may not have to sell their car, but they most certainly need to sell themselves...and Fayetteville Saturn failed in that regard.

What this guy missed is actually quite funny. You should ask him why they run adds in the local paper every week? The answer is to drum up business. So now they have a product that they don't need to say a word about to get people through the door...but they waste that opportunity by providing horrendous customer service...nice job. Not only that, people that are buying the Sky probably don't have the Sky as their Primary vehicle...and at some point they'll need to change that primary vehicle. I'll tell you what, when and if I need another 4 door family car, I AM going to check out Saturn because of their changing product line and the excellent service I got at Saturn of Riverside (even though I didn't buy my car there...though guess where I go for parts and service and guess where I tell all my friends to go if they want a Saturn? Their customer service did that. Their product line got me in the door).

So while you're right, the Sky will sell itself, the dealership and the salesperson is selling more than just a car when you walk onto that lot. Missing that major point, yea, that guy was an idiot.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Robotech said:
They are only HALF right.

First, the Sky will sell itself...but it's not going to sell YOUR dealership or YOUR sales department or YOUR service bay. YOU are. And if I call you up asking about a Sky, and you don't return my phone calls and you don't follow up guess what? My car...which will not be purchased from you...will never see your service bay...when I need a different car...it won't come off your lot whether it be new OR used. (Remember, dealers sell used cars too so even if I'm not looking at a Saturn...) When I talk to friends that may be interested in an SUV or Family Sedan, I'm not going to send them to your dealership to try out the other new cars that Saturn s coming out with and point to my Sky as a precursour of things to come from Saturn.

No, you get good service you tell 10 people...you get horrible service and you tell 1000. They may not have to sell their car, but they most certainly need to sell themselves...and Fayetteville Saturn failed in that regard.

What this guy missed is actually quite funny. You should ask him why they run adds in the local paper every week? The answer is to drum up business. So now they have a product that they don't need to say a word about to get people through the door...but they waste that opportunity by providing horrendous customer service...nice job. Not only that, people that are buying the Sky probably don't have the Sky as their Primary vehicle...and at some point they'll need to change that primary vehicle. I'll tell you what, when and if I need another 4 door family car, I AM going to check out Saturn because of their changing product line and the excellent service I got at Saturn of Riverside (even though I didn't buy my car there...though guess where I go for parts and service and guess where I tell all my friends to go if they want a Saturn? Their customer service did that. Their product line got me in the door).

So while you're right, the Sky will sell itself, the dealership and the salesperson is selling more than just a car when you walk onto that lot. Missing that major point, yea, that guy was an idiot.
thank you so much Robotech. You said it all, I need not say more. :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I understand the sense of needing sales now. But does that mean you ignore people who want the Sky and do not answer there phone calls?

The initial posts stated:
"The GM in Fayetteville Arkansas told me that to be honest they werent putting any effort into the Sky sales, he said the Sky will "sell its self" and that they needed to put their emphasis on the other products. This was in response my to casual comment on how difficult it is to get them to return phone calls or emails."

If the Sky is supposed to be the Halo car does it make sense to treat the people it attracts poorly? I think not. I had my name with one Dealer who's owner decided to switch to a Mazda Dealership. The Sales Manager called me to tell me that they were switching so I should look elsewhere for a Sky. Now if I was interested in a Mazda that is where I would go.

I would think that Sky gets in them in the door, the way they get treated is what will bring them back.

It is also, not completely out the realm (I do realize there difference) that someone may come in to look at the Sky, but due to its lack of availability end up looking at an ION Quade Coupe RL or 2.4L. I know where Cerebus bought his Sky, they have some ION Quade Coupes with hot looking wheels and ground effects. :thumbs:

·
Registered
18,046 Posts
in life as in busines...it is always nice to be nice...honey does attract more bees.

I don't know why...i am not that kind of person....lol. Who ever said "the public be damned". My kind of person...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GaryH said:
He's wrong about people buying Skys would not purchase other Saturn products. When my wife and I went to test drive the Sky and put down a deposit on the Sky we were looking at the Vue on the showroom floor. We compared it to our 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited. I could not see much difference except the Vue was several thousand less than the Highlander. I'll look at other Saturns if my experience with the Sky and with the Saturn dealership turns out to be good.
I agree :agree: I would never have considered buying a first run car if it were NOT a Saturn. It was the car and the people (Sales & Service) that won me over. I'm not saying that the SKY is NOT selling itself - but they sales force has to stay focused on potential new customers in the SKY lookers and wanters. Face it, a lot of people could come in ask about a SKY and be just waiting to be steered toward a car that really suits them better. Get them in the door, and then treat them like Saturn should.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Multi-car family

The same day I test drove a Sky for myself I also test drove a couple of Vues for my wife. She previously had no interest in Saturn but did like the Vue. I would be more interested if they would give some kind of customer loyalty discount on your second car purchased or a better interest rate on multi-car purchases. The sales rep took plenty of time with us despite the fact that I told her up front that it could easily be a few months before we are ready to do anything.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
rocky777 said:
I can see the salesperson's point as well. I bought the SKY because its an awesome car. I was never interested in Saturns, and nothing else they currently sell interests me. Unless they start coming out with more hot cars like the SKY, I probably wont ever purchase another Saturn. Some people love them, and my experience with them was a good one, nothing wrong with that, it's just my preference and the salesperson was right on when it comes to me at least.
I agree :agree: with you Rocky, I would of never look twice at a Saturn. We've been a Chrysler fan since the Dodge vipers were born. I've own 2 P.t. Cruisers, one of them being Turbo, and somewhat modified, and custom apa'sinted Flames,(when I able to show pic's I will) Everything from mini-vans (kids were babies), now my 17 yr old drives the Jeep, and our 15 Yr old son will eventually be driving the Dakota. SO guess what? mom needs a car.....SKY..:)
The sky was the first G.M car I've owned, since my 1976 sunbird I bought when I graduated High School...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts