Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we dropped off SKYBABY for her check-up....... the first order of business for them to check is the STARTER... that is sticking and once in a while it doesnt even start. Frustrating..... the next will be the usual... oil change , since i am at 7900 SMiles.....and a tire rotation... not only did SKIPS dogs bite at them..... he put them back on in the wrong order... i guess we need to specify PUT THEM BACK NOW.... actually means....... PUT THEM BACK ON THE WAY YOU BIT THEM OFF..... ugh... oh well..... they are checking the rips on the lid that were discussed at the DOWNERS GROVE show....... and i have a stress crack that was also looked at and discussed at the show..... they will probably replace the panel, but we dont know for sure yet..... as soon as i know what they are doing for these fixes.... i will post them..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tell me more about the stress crack and rip. I also have 7500 miles on mine but only have noise problems that I'm trying to get resolved. The rearend whines and I get a clackity clack when I shift my 5 speed sometimes. Early on they replaced my front fender panel because of a crack where it bolts to the frame underneath. They also have replaced my right rear inner fender panel because the tire rubbed and smeared the plastic. Good luck with your fixes and hope your health is betteras well. I've been gone for a week.:driving: This morning I was in Spring Hill and toured the plant and saw the new redline engines. I just got back to Muncie, IN.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes you are both correct. They build the engines in Spring Hill (2.0 & 2.4) and the block is a lost foam casting. The turbo unit is made by Borg Warner in Germany. I was interested in that because I am retired from Borg Warner and I know they put out quality components wherever they build them.:thumbs:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also I found out that we are required to run Mobil 1 synthec oil in the redline engines only. You cannot see the oil filter from just looking under the hood but it is on the left side against the firewall and it is not a screw on type. You unscrew a cap and drop the filter in. The housing looked like it would fit a filter about half the size of most filters.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Well, we dropped off SKYBABY for her check-up....... the first order of business for them to check is the STARTER... that is sticking and once in a while it doesnt even start. Frustrating..... the next will be the usual... oil change , since i am at 7900 SMiles.....and a tire rotation... not only did SKIPS dogs bite at them..... he put them back on in the wrong order... i guess we need to specify PUT THEM BACK NOW.... actually means....... PUT THEM BACK ON THE WAY YOU BIT THEM OFF..... ugh... oh well..... they are checking the rips on the lid that were discussed at the DOWNERS GROVE show....... and i have a stress crack that was also looked at and discussed at the show..... they will probably replace the panel, but we dont know for sure yet..... as soon as i know what they are doing for these fixes.... i will post them..... SkyBaby-07
Hope you get your baby back quickly and all better....:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great ENGINE info.... ty.... and.... the stress crack seems to be in the rear fender well.. just before the plastic insert.... sorry i dont have pics.... my baby isnt here..... The service guy said it looks like they sent the car back to be re-painted.... as in touched up after the initial shipping..... at every stop when the car is loaded or unloaded... it is HANDCHECKED.... top to bottom... front to back...and the undersides under the doors have been scratched and sent back to be repaired.... he says, that when they re-painted it... POSSIBLY..... they missed a part and had to touch it up... BUT... it is clearly rust!!!!! the Saturn Rep.... i think from GM...... said the entire panel has to be replaced..... PHEW... i hope so... cuz.. i got some little door dings on that one...... and on hte lid where it is ripped.... it seems to be where the trunk shuts and makes contacts..... and.... he said the fix for that is maybe to be a PATCH...... HECK NO... i dont want a patch..... FIX IT RIGHT....... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok... i heard today.. well, this afternoon... that they got the little dings out of my baby... and they will be REPLACING the back panel that has a stress crack..... they are first going to try sand down and REPAINT the area... because they want to see if it can be fixed...... i said... OMG... i really dont care what you do... BUT REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE...... they are still talking to the factory about the rips in the lid.... i again said... NO WAY.... no patch.. that would be UGLY.....just replaced it.... they are looking into it..... we shall see.....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am thinking of selling my baby..... just because..... there is way too much BS..... and BS P.M.S....... this is just too much obsession..... i will think about it over the next few days..... and when she is back to perfect.... i will decide then........ if anyone is interested.... just EMAIL ME...... thx...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
386 Posts
I thought you loved your car

SkyBaby said:
i am thinking of selling my baby..... just because..... there is way too much BS..... and BS P.M.S....... this is just too much obsession..... i will think about it over the next few days..... and when she is back to perfect.... i will decide then........ if anyone is interested.... just EMAIL ME...... thx...... SkyBaby-07
SkyBaby, I've truly enjoyed reading your posts because I have been waiting for my car since March last year. I've been given a confirmed build date of Aug 7th but who knows when I will get her!!! So reading your posts have kept me sane!!! Why are you thinking of selling the car? I thought you loved it? And you made her pretty by painting her nails?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Teri...this comes as quite a shock to me. :confused: You are the last person who I ever thought would sell their beloved Sky. What's up? What kind of BS? Is it your dealer? Please share.....

·
Registered
432 Posts
SkyBaby said:
i am thinking of selling my baby..... just because..... there is way too much BS.....
What??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm with nscrbug...you're the last person I'd expect to be selling a SKY!

·
Registered
422 Posts
SkyBaby said:
i am thinking of selling my baby..... just because.....
That are only the nerves. After sleeping over your actual trouble you won't even believe yourself for that statement :D

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
SkyBaby said:

That is the last thing I expected to read on the forums!!!! I am truly Shocked:eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh My God!

SkyBaby said:
I agree with a whole slew of people that are :willy: about you stating you may be selling your car. I have been living vicariously through all the posts online
and yours in particular. Now I'm set to get my car any day now and to
see what you have gone through is very troubling.

Of course, virtually any new cars start there can be troubles. Heck, I have a 2005 ragtop and have had to have my seals touched up, new top and window
switches, starter, door panels corrected due to leaking, etc.

Please please say you have woken up and that was just a REALLY bad thought going through your head!

Patty (Skylar):confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyBaby said:
i am thinking of selling my baby..... just because..... there is way too much BS..... and BS P.M.S....... this is just too much obsession.....
Teri . . . you can't do that. You've already promised to run with us up in the Dells on 10/1

SolWhat? (Dave)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
SkyBaby said:
NO WAY, SKYBABY!....but honestly I understand (born in 58, pm.s also)...Its all about a stress issue. First we love the car, now we are having all these problems :banghead: ..I am sure these problems are repairable, but who whats to buy a NEW car and have to deal with constant issues. It is just a car (I can't believe I just said that :eek: )

ON THE OTHER HAND nothings perfect!......:willy: :willy:
crap...don't ask me i am p.m.sing......:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
OK,, SkyBaby,,, I hate to use this as a weapon, but if you sell your Sky, you can't come down to the Sky Pool Parties!

Sharon and I will be majoraliy bummed!

After I bought "PINK" beads too.

:banghead:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok... Ok..... i did sleep on it.. and just got back from getting my baby from the docs..... and the BS... . isnt from the car..... it is from the FORUM... some persons just have to RAIN ON THE PARADE..... just dont need it somedays...... okok....... I WANT THEM BEADS.... so,,,,,,,,, I will hang on to my baby for now..... they got the dents... little dings out and she looks GREAT.... so..... i will let you know what they said and did about the crack.. and the lid as soon as the repair guy comes back to work tomorrow..... TY for letting me know i would be missed here...... OK... BRING ON THE BEADS....SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 29 Posts