Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by the dealership today to check out the dealer's demo
They had skyman's car on the showroom floor all cleaned up.
Words cant describe how beautiful this car is :nono:
You might wanna have them wash it again Tim. I think i drooled on it and so was everyone else there.....the dealer demo was sittin overthere by itself and
there was a ring of people around your car!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Astronomer said:
I went by the dealership today to check out the dealer's demo
They had skyman's car on the showroom floor all cleaned up.
Words cant describe how beautiful this car is :nono:
You might wanna have them wash it again Tim. I think i drooled on it and so was everyone else there.....the dealer demo was sittin overthere by itself and
there was a ring of people around your car!
yeah he said when we picked it up that more people were looking at mine than the red one... They went back over it just before we left, and wiped all your drool marks off... I wondered whose they were.. LOL:lol: :lol: :lol:
The car is absolutely a blast to drive, and i haven't even got to open it up yet...Do you know the road between Elizabethton and Boone, I took it coming over to Fayetteville yesterday evening, I was effortlessly taking 20 mph curves at over 50, and felt like I wasn;t even pushing it...by the way I got over 29 MPG on that first tank of gas, I still have a quarter tank in it with 280 miles showing on the trip odo...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
yeah he said when we picked it up that more people were looking at mine than the red one... They went back over it just before we left, and wiped all your drool marks off... I wondered whose they were.. LOL:lol: :lol: :lol:
The car is absolutely a blast to drive, and i haven't even got to open it up yet...Do you know the road between Elizabethton and Boone, I took it coming over to Fayetteville yesterday evening, I was effortlessly taking 20 mph curves at over 50, and felt like I wasn;t even pushing it...by the way I got over 29 MPG on that first tank of gas, I still have a quarter tank in it with 280 miles showing on the trip odo...
Sounds like someone is having a blast... good for you :thumbs: How is Sky lady doing?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If you want to have a real blast you need to make that MPG readout say "6 MPG" on it. When I race I always zero the counter out to see what type of fuel economy I get around the course. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
i bet it looks SWEET..... and..... TRY TO WEAR A BIB NEXT TIME.... drool is so hard to wipe off...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

It is lots of fun having a car that everyone wants to see.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Well I just got back from the Saturn dealer here In fayetteville, I went looking for a Sky Hat for my son, when i came out there was 6 salespeople and 3 customers looking the car over... i had to open it up , the hood, trunk etc, I had the top down, it was 50 degrees, but with the windows up and heat on hi and fan on 3 it was too warm inside for me...
I had a bunch rolling down their windows and asking what it was, a couple of people knew what it was, and another guy just rolled down his window, gave me the thumbs up and said "SWEEEEET!!!"
man this car is more than i expected it to be...
You all have a great day, by the way, it has 379 miles on it now....

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

You gotta love it!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
OK it's really not fair

I love hearing the stories of how much fun you are having with your Sky's but it's really not fair that GM is holding us poor Canadians captive to this forum. Don't get me wrong I love reading all the comments but it really sucks that we have to wait until May!!!! Just had to vent my frustration.:banghead: I don't think we even have images yet.

Hope Sky Lady is doing better and will be able to enjoy the ride as much as you do SkyMan?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skybright said:
I love hearing the stories of how much fun you are having with your Sky's but it's really not fair that GM is holding us poor Canadians captive to this forum. Don't get me wrong I love reading all the comments but it really sucks that we have to wait until May!!!! Just had to vent my frustration.:banghead: I don't think we even have images yet.

Hope Sky Lady is doing better and will be able to enjoy the ride as much as you do SkyMan?
Believe me i have been waiting over a year for this car and it is worth every second...... You won't regret it once it is in your hands...
I have not found any problems at all with this car yet.... their post build inspection did it's job...
:)

·
Registered
669 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Believe me i have been waiting over a year for this car and it is worth every second...... You won't regret it once it is in your hands...
I have not found any problems at all with this car yet.... their post build inspection did it's job...
:)
Tim,
Was the ride comfortable for you and Beverly? I mean, is it comfortable for a long drive or did you have to stop and stretch along the way? On my test drive, I loved the way the seats seem to "hug" you.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
qwack said:
Tim,
Was the ride comfortable for you and Beverly? I mean, is it comfortable for a long drive or did you have to stop and stretch along the way? On my test drive, I loved the way the seats seem to "hug" you.
Unfortunatly Beverly didn't feel up to the trip, i think it was more she wanted to stay with out dog since she had surgery that morning, the ride was very comfortable for me, the only thing was at my age i found in any car if i don't use the cruise control my right ankle will get stiff after a few hours... i didn;t use the cruise because on the break in you need to vairy your speed often.. and that was too much of a bother doing with the cruise...

My over all opinion is that I could drive it all day and still feel good, just need to stop for gas or when you need to make a pitstop.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tim, thanks for the feedback regarding a long drive. I too have had a deposit in since Feb. of last year and my Sky was at 040 Tue. Yesterday I drove a demo with an automatic and loved everything about the car except the automatic but was curious about long trips. Tonight I'm going to an unveiling at one of their sister stores in Indy and they will let us drive that one. I'm hoping it is a manual. I sat in a Solstice manual last year and the shifter was a little notchy compared to my 99 Miata but I'm hoping that wears in and smooths out. I sure am envious but keep giving us feeback. :driving:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fishers has a silver 5-speed in stock but it isn't for sale. Private viewing tonight for those who have made a deposit and general public starting Monday.

·
Registered
669 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
My over all opinion is that I could drive it all day and still feel good, just need to stop for gas or when you need to make a pitstop.....
Thanks for the info Tim. Can't wait to get mine!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts