Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! Wonderful news, about 2 yesterday afternoon I got the call to come pick up our Sky... it took about an hour to do all the paperwork and the runthrough of the car's features, then we put the top down and they took our picture in the car, and we drove away... The car is awesome... It is definately worth the wait... Well after we drov it to the insurance comepany we went home and I got her packed up and I left for my son's house in Fayetteville NC. that is where I am now... I have put almost 300 miles on the car already and I can say it handles and drives like a dream... I had 2 cars already trying to race me, the first was a Riced out Acura Integra, and the second was a New red Mx-5, well I just ignored both of them....
I stopped one time to get me a drink, and use the rest room, and when I came out of the rest room the girl at the counter (she must have been about 20) asked me if that was my car out there, I said yes, she said what is it, I told her a 2007 Saturn Sky, She said I never heard of that, can i look at it, I said sure and she went out with me and looked it over, she just couldn't stop saying how beautiful it was, about that time a couple that was putting gas in their car waled over and asked if they could look at it too, i said sure, they asked me what it was and i told them and they said SATURN? you have t be kidding... I Said nope it's a 2007 Saturn Sky.. they asked how much? i said this one was a little over 26K and they said wow it looks like it would cost so much more..., Then i went back in and got my drink and i saw another couple walk by the car and look at it, as i was leaving they came in and asked if it was mine i said, yeah, he then said What is it? I said a Saturn Sky, he said Saturn??? I said yet, He said man they sure have come a long way...

well I would post some more pictures but i forgot my camera cable for the computer... I will when i get back home Sunday....

Once again, Everyone stay focused on getting your car.. It is definately worth the wait...:driving: :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Skyman,

I'm looking forward to the same reactions from people. As long as you haven't caused any accidents yet by people looking in traffic.

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

You will have lots of attention with your new Sky. Have fun!

·
Registered
198 Posts
OMG! I am so happy for you! Too bad the weather is nasty in NC right now.

Enjoy your roadtrip and be careful in your new baby! It brings a smile to my face everytime someone gets to drive a SKY! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
THAT IS SO AWESOME.... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND......... ENJOY IT...SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Congratulations!!!

:cheers: :thumbs: :cheers: :thumbs: :cheers:

:willy: :lol: :willy:

Waiting on them pics!!!!!!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
07 Chili Pepper said:
When did your image come up? I'm trying to track the delivered cars to get a feel when mine might show up. It went to 040 on 3/21.:driving: :driving:
expect it to be shipped 6 to 8 weeks after your image came in...

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
You Two Look Great

Wow you both look great, I am so very happy you didnt have to wait any longer for your toy. I cant wait until we can all ride as a group somewhere

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
483 Posts
The blue and tan looks quite nice!

·
Registered
389 Posts
skl8260 said:
The blue and tan looks quite nice!
Yes it does, ordered mine that way...:D
Hope you and your wife are having a great time in you new car!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wife didn't make the trip

Unfortunately Beverly didn't feel up to making the trip to Fayetteville this weekend, but we are taking the car to Louisville Ky next weekend (if she feels up to it) for my father's 86th Birthday...
I do know the first thing I am ordering are the splash guards... It needs it bad... On the darker colors I noticed the Onstar antenna and the regular antenna don't seem to stand out as bad as on the lighter colors...
the second and third pictures are after i drove it to Fayetteville, and it had about 350 miles on it at that time...It now has over 400... My son and I are going to cruise down to Myrtle beach for the day today.... it is about 100 miles from here...
have a great day! I will...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Looking good in that ride my man :thumbs:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess Saturn got my message when I said I hoped you would get your
car before me. :D :D :D
I am still waiting for #294 although the paperwork got to the dealer 2
weeks ago. :confused: :confused:
Glad you are going to enjoy the car with your wife and I had not realized
your Sky looks just like our Solstice. I know you are loving the color
combo and the way it changes every time you look at it.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My son and I took the Sky to Myrtle beach today, we drove down and around and most of the way back with the top down. It relly suprised me how nice it was at 70 mph withthe top down.. not nearly as much wind as i thought there would be. I had no problems keeping my hat on, and when it got chilly we just turned up the hear another notch... Worked great. but we had to put the tom up on the way back to Fayetteville when we ran into a few rain showers...
Let me tell you, I had so mayny people asking me questions, giving me the thumbs up and even taking pictures driving down the highway.... One couple stopped me as we were leaving Broadway at the Beach, and wanted to look at the car. she said she had a Solstice and got it in january, she had to pay 2000 over sticker for it.. she asked me about the clunk , and i told her i hadn;t noticed anything odd... she said now that she has seen the Sky she wished she had waited... Another woman said that want to buy their daughter one for graduation this year... they were in a caddy CTS. Of course the funnyest thing is when a Miata comes up on me , they slow down and do a double take every time....
I now have over 700 miles on it, and it will probably be close to 1000 by the time i get home... I still have yet to try out all of it's accelleration, seems like i get up to speed so quickly without using the full throttle, I just forget to try... Favorite Quote i have heard a dozen times already "It's a SATURN!! WOW!!":D :driving: :driving:
PS more pics tomorrow....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts