Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted an entry about a month ago asking about the quality of the Sky's interior etc...
I made my deposit a month ago.. and still waiting for my image.. is there a way I can see exactly where I stand on the image waiting thing? My dealer seems to know nothing.

Anyways.. back to my topic.... I've finally decided to get the Sky.. despite my concerns with the horsepower and interior... (have a 06 350Z and 06 Mustang) my intentions is to get the Sky.. and revamp the whole interior.. dash.. door panel.. everything... I havent decided if I want to replace the material.. or just use a few layer of paint to match my exterior... i believe this should at least give the Sky a more expensive look rather than that cheesy plastic. What do you guys think?

Also... anyone that has their Sky already... you guys have any complaints on the interior's quality?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,
I picked my Sky up on 05/06/06 in South Holland,IL.
Overall the fit is good.
Although the glove box is flimsy and feels weak.
This should not really matter in a normal or family sized car as you really never or seldom use it.
With my Sky there is very limited storage,so every little area concerning storage is extremely important.
The center area just above the parking brake also seems a little flimsy when pushed on.
And you will lean on it !
I will keep you posted as I discover even more things about my Sky as time goes by.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Simple Fix

Just a suggestion, but when I saw the prototype the plastic door panels looked plain and cheap. One idea would be to take out the inserts in the middle of the doors and wrapping them in leather of the same color (black, tan, red) and putting them back in. You may have to alter them slightly to get a good fit, but this would make it look incredibly better and still maintain the factory look. They should be doing this from the factory anyway.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy that i have doing this for me has no problem with it... but he's afraid and hesitant to touch the dash because of all the airbags....

hmmm.. i've just read some of the issues with the Sky... and now i'm hesitant.. and wondering if i'm jumpin into another splurge purchase.. my Mustang was because I was bored... drove off with one.. regretting it now...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Anh Cung, you regret buying a mustang? Why, and which engine? I am curious because I was on the fence about to purchase a GT when I saw the sky a held off. The sky is a more "now" car then the mustang. Too much happened in translation between the prototype and the production GT. I personally saw the prototype sky and hardly anything has changed.....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The only "complaints" I have is the middle cup holder. Useless unless you reach with your left hand. Thats why I use the one on the passengers side. Also have to push the unlock on the key fob 2x to unlock passenger door if you picking someone up... (opps did that sound bad???? :lol: )

·
Registered
262 Posts
AnhCung said:
I made my deposit a month ago.. and still waiting for my image.. is there a way I can see exactly where I stand on the image waiting thing? My dealer seems to know nothing.
Your dealer should know EVERYTHING about this. He knows how many images he gets. He also knows how many people are like you, deposit made and waiting for an image. If he gets 2 images a month and there are 8 orders (you being number 8), he won't be placing your order for 4 months.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
agirltrucker said:
The only "complaints" I have is the middle cup holder. Useless unless you reach with your left hand. Thats why I use the one on the passengers side. Also have to push the unlock on the key fob 2x to unlock passenger door if you picking someone up... (opps did that sound bad???? :lol: )
If u r left handed...the cup holder works for us. Maybe the SKY was meant to be driven by southpaws only....

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't have my Sky yet but I have sat in 4 already and have looked everything over and over again...

Overall the interior is good I would give it a B-

The two tone leather feels and looks great...I dont have a problem with the black plastic look or feel...All the controls are easy to use and reach except for the window controls...wish they had put them on the center console right behind the stick...that would have been the smart thing to do!

There is no space...the cup holders...cheap...Glove box...feels cheap...Placement of the seat belt...a pain but no biggy and you can just ajust them...moving the seat forward and back is a pain but once you have it where you want it you don't need to move it. If you ajust the wheel down it blocks your view of the Speedo/tach etc.

Over all like I said a B-.....these are simple correction that could have been made during the development process and was not corrected...The one that sets me off is just the stupidity of the window controls...anyone sitting in a test demo sky would realize where they put the window controls was a bad place for them. I'm not a car designer that's thier job and I even know that was a blunder.:banghead:

THE SKY ISN'T PERFECT....but then again...only god is.:angel:

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
I actually really like the interior. Yes, window controls are hard to get to unless you reach over with your right hand. I find myself doing a lot of things "off handed" with this car...took all of 10 minutes to get adjusted. Steering wheel for me is perfect all the way up and the seats don't bother me much. I like the interior but the doors seem a little plain. Would be nice to dress them up.

For power, it isn't bad. If you expect it to be like your Z or Mustang...forget it. But then again this thing corners like it's on rails. Probably better than the Mustang and I'd have no clue about the Z since I've never driven one. So long as you keep that in mind you're fine. Now, if you want to go Redline, 260 HP in this thing is going to give those two a run for their money.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Clicking the Key Fob Twice for Passenger Door

That is a standard GM feature. The reason is that if you click it once it only unlocks the driver's door. That prevents somebody from hiding on the other side of your car and sneaking in to carjack you when you unlock with the fob. First click lets you in; second click unlocks the passenger door, too...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
marlboromike said:
If u r left handed...the cup holder works for us. Maybe the SKY was meant to be driven by southpaws only....
True, true. And since I am a south paw it does work...:lol:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
jdigiant said:
That is a standard GM feature. The reason is that if you click it once it only unlocks the driver's door. That prevents somebody from hiding on the other side of your car and sneaking in to carjack you when you unlock with the fob. First click lets you in; second click unlocks the passenger door, too...
I am familar with that, but on my Vue I had a unlock button for the driver. That is what I ment..:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts