Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
892 Skys Made In April For A Total Ytd Of 2154
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Well they better kick some automatics into they May count or I'm giving up.:brentil: :mad:


I feel better now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
belletire said:
Well they better kick some automatics into they May count or I'm giving up.:brentil: :mad:


I feel better now.
I hear ya. :banghead: My car isn't scheduled to be built until the week of 5/22...looks like I may get a VIN in the 3000's by then. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
nscrbug said:
I hear ya. :banghead: My car isn't scheduled to be built until the week of 5/22...looks like I may get a VIN in the 3000's by then. :eek:
My car isn't even scheduled because they can't order an automatic. By the time they finally can order ....and it gets built....and it gets delivered SUMMER WILL BE OVER. ......looks like I may get a VIN from a different vehicle :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
Kind of funny thought. I wonder if there were people sitting around just frustrated at the thought that their taurus wouldn't be here for 2 more months...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
Kind of funny thought. I wonder if there were people sitting around just frustrated at the thought that their taurus wouldn't be here for 2 more months...:D
LMAO...now that is a funny thought. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
belletire said:
Well they better kick some automatics into they May count or I'm giving up.:brentil: :mad:


I feel better now.
Based on my experience, I think some automatics are starting to break free. I was imaged in late March, got stuck on hold shortly after the image was frozen and recently things have started to move - check my signature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
gayager said:
Based on my experience, I think some automatics are starting to break free. I was imaged in late March, got stuck on hold shortly after the image was frozen and recently things have started to move - check my signature.

Oooooooh...I'm excited now! :willy: :D :willy: I imaged a few days after you (automatic)...so this is definitely good news! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
belletire said:
My car isn't even scheduled because they can't order an automatic. By the time they finally can order ....and it gets built....and it gets delivered SUMMER WILL BE OVER. ......looks like I may get a VIN from a different vehicle :banghead:
Oh thats my fear too....my Sky getting here AFTER summer is long gone.:skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
graphite x2

I saw 2 Graphite Sky's in the shipping area today on my way to work. Neither of them can be mine since I ordered silver pearl. Some buddy is not far from their graphite sky's -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
One of those is mine (I hope), just stopped by my dealer and he said my Graphite is built and is at status 4B00 and waiting to be shipped.

As far as automatics go, the last two Sky's I have seen, including one that just arrived at my dealer today were automatic Silver Pearls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
nscrbug said:
Oooooooh...I'm excited now! :willy: :D :willy: I imaged a few days after you (automatic)...so this is definitely good news! :thumbs:
Wooo hoooo, good for you......:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Mine was made in April but has not been delivered yet. I can't wait - but I have to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Numbers

So if we run the numbers-

If Saturn still plans on making 10,000 Skys and roughly 2,000 have been made that leaves 8,000 more to go.

At the rate of production for March and April that means it will be roughly 9 months from today to make the last 8,000.

It doesn't seem that production has been up to Saturn's expectations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
tjfox said:
So if we run the numbers-

If Saturn still plans on making 10,000 Skys and roughly 2,000 have been made that leaves 8,000 more to go.

At the rate of production for March and April that means it will be roughly 9 months from today to make the last 8,000.

It doesn't seem that production has been up to Saturn's expectations.
However the dealer GM at my Store say Saturn is expecting to produce only 7000 the first year... Also the 2007 SKY will be made until July of 2007. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still doesn't add up 5,000 more Skys in 3 months
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
tjfox said:
Still doesn't add up 5,000 more Skys in 3 months
There is the initial rampup time to get the line to full production speed. First months of production rate aren't very quick compared to full line speed.

The rest of the 5000 cars is meant to be built between now and Dec too. The plan is 10,000 cars a year when at full production swing. So if they've made ~2k cars so far and they're only going to get to ~7k total for this year that's ~5k more cars over about the next 6 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
gayager said:
Based on my experience, I think some automatics are starting to break free. I was imaged in late March, got stuck on hold shortly after the image was frozen and recently things have started to move - check my signature.
Wow, look at our order numbers? I'm GGG732!! In California:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
However the dealer GM at my Store say Saturn is expecting to produce only 7000 the first year... Also the 2007 SKY will be made until July of 2007. . .
Hey Rick, I spoke to my GM and he said my order was actually accepted on 4/4/06. So he estimates arrival late June or Early July. Does this sound about right to you? Order #GGG732 :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top