Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with a few folks from this forumto create a website for a regional Sky Car Club for the Southwestern US at www.skysouthwest.com, and now that most of the features are in place, I would like to get some feedback.

Below is a link to an article describing some features for the site:
http://www.skysouthwest.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=9

There is a forum and a FAQ as well as articles and a calendar. Each registered user has a complete vehicle profile, contact profile, photo gallery, unified avatar (for all applications). There is an Event Registration system, plus a Buddy List and Private Messaging system. After login, the home page shows upcoming birthdays and car purchase anniversaries, and registered users can click on links and see profiles.

If you know of an car event, please add it to the calendar. Just for grins, add yourself to the July 30th event with a comment (this is not an official registration page, just a test page). If you feel inclined submit an article or a weblink, or say hello in a forum post. Please help me take this site through the paces.

Down the road, I imagine three levels of users, the casual unregistered website visitor who wants to learn more about the Sky and regional events, a basic Free registered user who wants to chat, and eventually a paid chapter membership who wants to be updated on local events, news and special offers. I am thinking of a dues structure something akin to the $5/quarter that the West Coast Kappa Car Club charges, enough to pay for some logo stuff to give away, and for web hosting and maybe some publicity and printing costs for the club to develop brochures for dealers and introduction cards for members to leave on cars in parking lots (so that we can reach people who do not participate in online car communities).

If you are interested in forming a local chapter, or have an interest in helping to organize the club, develop bylaws, etc, please PM me, or send an email to [email protected] (you will need to acknowledge my spam blocker email to get your email through).

Register at the site early, because when it comes time to offer paid memberships, I am thinking of doing something special for a group of CHARTER members. You do not need to be in the Southwest to be a registered member of the site.

Also, if you are having troubles getting logged out prematurely, please let me know what you were doing when this happened. I received two reports of this, but no specifics about what application they were using.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nice site... If I ever get transfered to the Southwest ...I will join...:thumbs:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Friggin Nice Lookin' Site,.... Looks Great,... Simple, great design,... good amount of animation.. etc.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Totally awsome hon, you did a great job..:thumbs: Loving it...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wow you included Oklahoma, will log on later tonight and join!
No more Yankees and that Northern talk, wow..
I am kidding here, Love Yankees married one! Opps no he is a Mets fan..LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Now a member

This is great. I am now a member. Also, log off worked well.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After talking to nearly a dozen Phoenix Solstice club members, I have decided to make the site work for combined clubs, and not just for Sky owners. This will require a name change (or the use of multiple names), and some other cosmetic changes to the site that have already begun.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Great Looking Site

I just joined. I look forward to keeping up with events and happenings in the southwest.

By the way, great job on the site design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts