Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
7,935 Posts
There isn't much that can keep it from going in if the retaining clip is out.

Can you give any background? Why did you remove it and what have you done since then?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Try removing the retaining clip, insert freely, then while holding in-place, put the clip back on.

Some retaining clips provide a snap-in feature by design, but others require removal prior to insertion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The locking clip doen't need to be fully removed just pull it up until it can't be seen in the whole. Then it should slide in. It has to be a fairly straight approach to get it in and they didn't leave a lot of extra hose to spare. Make sure to push the locking clip down once you do get it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There isn't much that can keep it from going in if the retaining clip is out.

Can you give any background? Why did you remove it and what have you done since then?
I removed it so that I could remove the transmission so I could change my clutch that's all I did putting it back in trying to and it is just absolutely will not enter that fitting.

·
Administrator
7,935 Posts
If you zoom in on that picture you'll notice there is no clip at all and I have inserted as far as I can with as much pressure as I possibly can exert I even used a pry bar
As @Hoosier GXP stated, the alignment can be delicate, but there is no way that a pry bar should be necessary, or used. I would make sure that nothing is in the hole, and that the end of the tube is round and not damaged.

·
Administrator
7,935 Posts
I haven't done this on a Sky but others typically use an o-ring. Remove the o-ring if there is one and place it in the proper slot before inserting.
Good eye. On second (or maybe third) look it does appear that the o-ring is out of its groove.

@rrwebster3 : Can you post a picture of the hose end?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good eye. On second (or maybe third) look it does appear that the o-ring is out of its groove.

@rrwebster3 : Can you post a picture of the hose end?
Yes I can I'm not home at the moment but I will when I get home that really makes perfect sense that HD alignment because right taking that thing off of there was so simple it just once I pulled the clap it just came right out call Easy

I was reading the procedure regarding living and they talked about a bleed screw I have been all over this thing I don't see a bleed screw anywhere where is the bleed screw?

·
Administrator
7,935 Posts
Yes I can I'm not home at the moment but I will when I get home that really makes perfect sense that HD alignment because right taking that thing off of there was so simple it just once I pulled the clap it just came right out call Easy

I was reading the procedure regarding living and they talked about a bleed screw I have been all over this thing I don't see a bleed screw anywhere where is the bleed screw?
The clutch does not have a bleed screw, they call it a self-bleedng system. Basically you completely depress the pedal, hold it for 5 seconds, release it slowly, wait 5 seconds, then repeat until you have a firm pedal. Make sure that the fluid stays above the divider in the reservoir.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The clutch does not have a bleed screw, they call it a self-bleedng system. Basically you completely depress the pedal, hold it for 5 seconds, release it slowly, wait 5 seconds, then repeat until you have a firm pedal. Make sure that the fluid stays above the divider in the reservoir.
That is the best thing I've read regarding this whole clutch replacement procedure yet thank you for that information

·
Administrator
7,935 Posts
Here is what the inside of the portion that comes from the master cylinder looks like using one of those fancy TV thingies
The o-ring placement in the hose end looks correct, and I assume that the fitting itself is still round. I don't see anything wrong with the master cylinder recess, but I can't really see anything, so that doesn't mean much.

This may just be an alignment issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The o-ring placement in the hose end looks correct, and I assume that the fitting itself is still round. I don't see anything wrong with the master cylinder recess, but I can't really see anything, so that doesn't mean much.

This may just be an alignment issue.
] no this is a memory issue 2 a.m. two nights ago as I was wrapping up for the night I put a plug in that hole so it wouldn't leak I am so sorry to waste everybody's time what it was cuz I was trying to put it in with the plug still in there I pulled it out and it went right in.

again I am so sorry to waste everybody's time but I did get some very good advice so I do appreciate it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts