Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Nice slide show.:)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What a Day - We Need Some Shout Outs....

Okay, that slide show is SO FRESH!!!!! Thank you for making my car first. I'm happy to represent.

WE HAD SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUNNNNNN!!!!!! I'm not going to spoil the fun for jdgiant, but I do want to give a couple of shout outs....

1) Saturn of Huntington Beach - For assisting and offering to "sponsor" this event. The spread of food and drink was definitely above and beyond what one could expect!!!! The employees were extremely friendly and totally stoked to have us all there... thank you, a million times over!

2) Saturn Corporation (in conjunction with Saturn of HB) -
Thank you soooooo much for the gift bags filled with SKY hats, SKY T-Shirts, New Marketing Material (the new SKY brochure ROCKS!!), sunscreen (we needed it too!), the keychain, game schedules for out local teams, the Saturn bracelet and the gift certificate for Blockbuster Video. I hadn't expected such a nice gesture, however, I was happy to use the sunscreen IMMEDIATELY and I look forward to customizing the hat to my head so it fits "just right".

3) Jerry (Saturn Corporation) - I know you're not on the site due to rules/regulations, etc. But I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the photos (soon to come) and rushing off to the next stop so you get pics of us driving by/in wherever. That was so cool. Since I had the opportunity to sit next to you at "linner?", it was obvious, why Saturn hired you. You're so personable and nice. I'm glad we had time to chat. Everyone was talking about how nice you were after you left. Thanks for hearing some of the venting from those of us that had challenges during the purchase of our cars. Although we know there's not a lot you can do, we appreciate you lending us an ear.

4) Seagull - Thanks for my very own SoCal SKY ride tank top! I'm sorry I got it so dirty so fast!!!! If it's any consolation, I'm thrilled that I'm not an extra large and even happier to wear it to bed (next to my heart -awwwww)

5) KappaSphere - Thanks for showing up guys. Your car is downright....... S-W-E-E-T, and I look forward to working with you on customizing my car. You guys were a trip! I love your attitudes and Brian's a cool sidekick, keep him around for a minute. I promise that Aaron and I will come down in the next couple of weeks to check the place out. Hopefully you can let us know what wineries to go to. I'm hoping we can do a "weekend" thing. I've decided I want the pedals, the wind screen and the door latch thingys for starters.

and finally.....

6) JDGIANT - Be careful the next time you start a thread "Is anyone up for a ride along the beach" or whatever it said, right? HA HA HA just kidding. WOW!!!!! What a turn out, eh? Unbelievable. And if that's not enough, he also provided all of us with a gift bag inclusive of sunscreen, sunglasses, antiseptic wipes, a Saturn pen to go with the custom map for our ride down to San Diego.... and the best part... he copied an MP3 cd for all of us with 80 songs to listen to while we drive. I have to admit, I think you have very good taste in music, as well as diverse. It really made the trip that much more special.

What did we have, 11 cars, perhaps 12 at one time? You know what I really liked the best, the best? When we ALL had to pull over and wait for the others on PCH..... You all who didn't go, should eat your hearts out at the responses we got at the other folks driving by, it's like they were not sure what was up... it's bad enough that they wonder what ONE looks like, but to see 11 in a row, all colors, some with spoilers, some with custom exhaust, some with custom wheels (me), etc. Groovy man, groovy!

I'm sorry we didn't make it all the way down to SD, but next time (if it's on a Saturnday - get it, Saturnday?!?!?, I kill myself), we promise to go -and we'll spend the night!!!!

Thank you all for such a memorable time. On a sour note, for whatever stupid reason, 60 pictures later from our camera, it took a dump on us when we got home. We tried changing the batteries and even going on line to "troubleshoot" to no avail. So we'll have to make a trip to get the pictures off the card. But I guarantee you, there will be some great ones coming from the others. I look forward to seeing them!!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
You are more then welcome

Angelqute1 said:
Okay, that slide show is SO FRESH!!!!! Thank you for making my car first. I'm happy to represent.

WE HAD SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUNNNNNN!!!!!! I'm not going to spoil the fun for jdgiant, but I do want to give a couple of shout outs....

1) Saturn of Huntington Beach - For assisting and offering to "sponsor" this event. The spread of food and drink was definitely above and beyond what one could expect!!!! The employees were extremely friendly and totally stoked to have us all there... thank you, a million times over!

2) Saturn Corporation (in conjunction with Saturn of HB) -
Thank you soooooo much for the gift bags filled with SKY hats, SKY T-Shirts, New Marketing Material (the new SKY brochure ROCKS!!), sunscreen (we needed it too!), the keychain, game schedules for out local teams, the Saturn bracelet and the gift certificate for Blockbuster Video. I hadn't expected such a nice gesture, however, I was happy to use the sunscreen IMMEDIATELY and I look forward to customizing the hat to my head so it fits "just right".

3) Jerry (Saturn Corporation) - I know you're not on the site due to rules/regulations, etc. But I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the photos (soon to come) and rushing off to the next stop so you get pics of us driving by/in wherever. That was so cool. Since I had the opportunity to sit next to you at "linner?", it was obvious, why Saturn hired you. You're so personable and nice. I'm glad we had time to chat. Everyone was talking about how nice you were after you left. Thanks for hearing some of the venting from those of us that had challenges during the purchase of our cars. Although we know there's not a lot you can do, we appreciate you lending us an ear.

4) Seagull - Thanks for my very own SoCal SKY ride tank top! I'm sorry I got it so dirty so fast!!!! If it's any consolation, I'm thrilled that I'm not an extra large and even happier to wear it to bed (next to my heart -awwwww)

5) KappaSphere - Thanks for showing up guys. Your car is downright....... S-W-E-E-T, and I look forward to working with you on customizing my car. You guys were a trip! I love your attitudes and Brian's a cool sidekick, keep him around for a minute. I promise that Aaron and I will come down in the next couple of weeks to check the place out. Hopefully you can let us know what wineries to go to. I'm hoping we can do a "weekend" thing. I've decided I want the pedals, the wind screen and the door latch thingys for starters.

and finally.....

6) JDGIANT - Be careful the next time you start a thread "Is anyone up for a ride along the beach" or whatever it said, right? HA HA HA just kidding. WOW!!!!! What a turn out, eh? Unbelievable. And if that's not enough, he also provided all of us with a gift bag inclusive of sunscreen, sunglasses, antiseptic wipes, a Saturn pen to go with the custom map for our ride down to San Diego.... and the best part... he copied an MP3 cd for all of us with 80 songs to listen to while we drive. I have to admit, I think you have very good taste in music, as well as diverse. It really made the trip that much more special.

What did we have, 11 cars, perhaps 12 at one time? You know what I really liked the best, the best? When we ALL had to pull over and wait for the others on PCH..... You all who didn't go, should eat your hearts out at the responses we got at the other folks driving by, it's like they were not sure what was up... it's bad enough that they wonder what ONE looks like, but to see 11 in a row, all colors, some with spoilers, some with custom exhaust, some with custom wheels (me), etc. Groovy man, groovy!

I'm sorry we didn't make it all the way down to SD, but next time (if it's on a Saturnday - get it, Saturnday?!?!?, I kill myself), we promise to go -and we'll spend the night!!!!

Thank you all for such a memorable time. On a sour note, for whatever stupid reason, 60 pictures later from our camera, it took a dump on us when we got home. We tried changing the batteries and even going on line to "troubleshoot" to no avail. So we'll have to make a trip to get the pictures off the card. But I guarantee you, there will be some great ones coming from the others. I look forward to seeing them!!!!
I was thinking maybe some sort of Pre-Labor day weekend get together. Will let you know more later.
Today was awsome!!!
great to actually meet People

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
Where are you NOW Rachel!? LOL

It was a great trip and thank you to all of you who made it that way. The comments were the best. On the final leg though people probably thought they only made two colors...as we had 3 silver and 3 blue! LOL

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Robotech said:
Where are you NOW Rachel!? LOL

It was a great trip and thank you to all of you who made it that way. The comments were the best. On the final leg though people probably thought they only made two colors...as we had 3 silver and 3 blue! LOL
I'm at work, daydreaming about yesterday. It was so much fun, I almost cannot stop smiling!!!

Thanks for being my phone buddy and checking up on me.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Wonderful pictures. I was able to see a Sky up close and personal at the WCKCC, (West Coast Kappa Car Club), event in Tahoe last week. What a beautiful machine.
I hope you Sky owners will represent in Monterey Sept. 8-10 at Laguna Seca/Cherry's Jubilee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts