Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked great on Saturn Sky but also seems to work on Pontiac Solstice, takes about 5 minutes to swap. I had water in passenger side, and found a small crack in the original so decided to give these a go after seeing them on Facebook.

Squeezed top clip gently and pried carefully out of bumper. Pull original bulb socket with original marker then twist unlocked it to pop out the bulb.

Was not sure if the smoked LED replacement "bulb" is polarized but the connector had red and black wires on the new bulb blade connector.

Checked which blade receptacle the original socket was positive 12v or ground on drivers and passenger side with the bulb removed and made sure the corresponding red wire on the new unit was connected to positive. See pictures.

Aligned socket and pushed it in and locked with twist. Take note that there are 2 small tabs and 2 larger ones, it only fits one way. After testing light functions, slide bottom alignment tab in, and pushed in the clip, repeated for other side. Made sure bulbs are still locked in.

Easy install! Hope they last.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The dark marker lights fall into the category of black-out tail lights which is not for me. I appreciate the OEM amber reflector. But each to his own liking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dark marker lights fall into the category of black-out tail lights which is not for me. I appreciate the OEM amber reflector. But each to his own liking.
I can see that (pun not intended). Also noticed that the Opel and Daewoo versions don't have them at all which looks the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Long time reader lol. Just wanted to say thanks. I've had these lights sitting in the corner didn't know how to wire them. Thanks again. They were installed today look great.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Problem with these (though you may not care) is that they don't have the reflectors built in, which makes them illegal if the cops happen to notice.

Reactions: a280z

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Problem with these (though you may not care) is that they don't have the reflectors built in, which makes them illegal if the cops happen to notice.
Good point, ordered these silver reflective vinyl strips and will see if they look fairly invisible (silver car) below the new marker. Will use the rest on bike and motorcycle helmets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts