Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my R/L since Sept 7th, What a bomb. One question.....when I picked up the car I noticed that the daul exausts we blackened and carboned up. I cleaned them up and they looked great. I now have 400 miles on it and I find the exhaust tips are always carboned and black. What gives, the car runs great and there no problems. Could the turbocharger cause an overfueling condition?
I have had both the regular Sky and now the R/L. There is no comparision between the two cars other than they were both red. The R/L is more exciting than a Vette to drive, and I have had many Vettes.
T

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have had my R/L since Sept 7th, What a bomb. One question.....when I picked up the car I noticed that the daul exausts we blackened and carboned up. I cleaned them up and they looked great. I now have 400 miles on it and I find the exhaust tips are always carboned and black. What gives, the car runs great and there no problems. Could the turbocharger cause an overfueling condition?
I have had both the regular Sky and now the R/L. There is no comparision between the two cars other than they were both red. The R/L is more exciting than a Vette to drive, and I have had many Vettes.
T
the soot in the tail pipes is a known problem for early Redlines. Pretty soon they'll be releasing a Service Bulletin to the dealers for the fix. Pitcom and some of the other early RL owners have the same thing. ECM reprogramming is said to fix it, and all the new RL's should have this new fix as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,587 Posts
^^ that would make sense since I was going to say it sounds like a fueling issue in the ECM's programming.

Hey, but you know what? Better for them to be programmed rich than lean...LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts