Multiple Choice Poll - select any and/or all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's that time again - The leaves are changing and we probably have just a few weeks to catch them in their prime.

So I'm thinking the next couple weekends October 3rd/4th or 10th/11th are the best days for this run. As usual it's a last minute call so I'm starting a poll to gauge interest. Right now the 3rd, next Saturday, is forecast to be Sunny. :)

See the following links for details from past events, and then cast your vote if you're interested in attending.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/snekr-winsted-ct-otis-ma-annual-fall-foliage-run-27436/

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/august-farmington-river-otis-reservoir-anyone-ready-put-your-snekrs-17226/

SNEKR - Winsted, CT to Otis, MA Annual Fall Foliage Run - Pontiac Solstice Forum

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I'm going to post a Cruise event in Pascoag, RI on October 4th later today so my first choice will be the week after. If everyone chooses the 3rd or 4th I will scrap the local event, though.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'll pick any time 26rings can't go, :)

lol
gary....you are such a smart ass! lol!

good thing Rich's wife is not seeing this......hahaha!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The early forecast is for an all rainy weekend this coming weekend. The 10th and 11th is looking better at this point.

hey there Ugh.... Rain yuck T.

·
Registered
329 Posts
come on that can't get the weather right for tomorrow and you are looking that far in advance, lol
weather from accuweather.com for Otis, MA

Saturday, Oct 3
High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
Mainly cloudySaturday Night, Oct 3
Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F
Cloudy with thundershowersForecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast
Sunday, Oct 4
High: 65 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Periods of rainSunday Night, Oct 4
Low: 44 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
Occasional rain

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
come on that can't get the weather right for tomorrow and you are looking that far in advance, lol
weather from accuweather.com for Otis, MA

Saturday, Oct 3
High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
Mainly cloudySaturday Night, Oct 3
Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F
Cloudy with thundershowersForecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast
Sunday, Oct 4
High: 65 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Periods of rainSunday Night, Oct 4
Low: 44 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
Occasional rain
:agree: You tell him!!!!! :D These old folks can't hear or see :rolleyes: well so we will have to forgive them for getting old on us. LOL

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far it's looking like the 11th is the poll winner, except for Sky888, however we'll give the weather forecasters a chance to get their story straight.
My experience says if they say rain at the beginning of the week it's most likely going to be a beautiful top down fall weekend. :cool: :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would like to go on the run. I was thinking of coming up from Jersey on Sat. night + going to Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard. One of my favorite rollercoasters boulder dash is there. It is in BRISTOL CT. We would stay at a motel + than be ready for the run on Sun. If anyone would like to join us post
on the forum.:grouphug: Sunday OCT 11 is the only date for us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
voted for oct. 11. if anyone is a favorite of halloween, i suggest that you try to go to lake compounce haunted graveyard for the evening before. it will defineatly give you "ghost" bumps !!!

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I would like to go on the run. I was thinking of coming up from Jersey on Sat. night + going to Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard. One of my favorite rollercoasters boulder dash is there. It is in BRISTOL CT. We would stay at a motel + than be ready for the run on Sun. If anyone would like to join us post
on the forum.:grouphug: Sunday OCT 11 is the only date for us.
voted for oct. 11. if anyone is a favorite of halloween, i suggest that you try to go to lake compounce haunted graveyard for the evening before. it will defineatly give you "ghost" bumps !!!
I live only a stone throw away from the Lake so I'm in for Lake Compounce as well on Saturday Oct. 10th.
I'd be happy to help make arrangements for a location for a late afternoon Lunch on Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday morning as well if any are interested?
The cheapest hotels are over in Southington off I-84 exit 32 (Route 10 - Queen Street) for overnight travelers.

So it's shaping up for the Otis Run to start out of Bristol, CT at the Stop & Shop on Pine Street on Sunday the 11th with a stop at our usual Mikey D's in Winsted, CT for those who still want to meet there, as it's also the last good pit stop in CT. :)

And now we have the addition of Lake Compounce on Saturday the 10th those who want to join in on the Haunted Graveyard.

I'll post more details with maps and times in a new thread later today and provide crosslinks on both forums.

Here are prices and a few links to help spark any interest for others that may want to join in on Saturday.

The Haunted Graveyard opens at dusk, but Lake Compounce opens at 5 p.m. and closes at 10 p.m.
Graveyard Fees

Admission Type Adult Child
Combo Graveyard & Rides $29.99 $20.99
Haunted Graveyard Only $19.99 $13.99
Lake Compounce Rides Only $17.99 $12.99

Please note:

* Child rates are for children 11 years of age and younger.
* Lake Compounce Skycoaster has additional fee.
* Waterpark and Kiddieland rides will be closed.

Lake Compounce - New England's Family Theme Park
The Haunted Graveyard: Halloween Scare Houses at Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT
Hotels near Lake Compounce Bristol, CT by MapQuest

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
POLL ATTENDEE RESULTS FROM BOTH FORUMS FOR SUNDAY OCTOBER 11th.

26rings
Caulairdis
dirtyrob67
GaryDn
part-time sky driver
SBUTCHER2
SKY 07,
SKY KING 43
SKYMAN-CT
thefred

1 - 20 of 78 Posts