Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everybody who was going is already there and I hope they brought the sunscreen. Waiting to see some great pics of the event.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
We just got home...only live 30 minutes away (it's where I bought my Sky). I posted pics in another thread that I started. :D The party was great...we had an excellent turnout for the event...I believe the count was 21 Skys! Every color was represented except for White. It was nice to finally meet some of the regulars here on the forum. All I can say is...what a great bunch of folks!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
The organizers did a great job.....it was hot but so were the cars. I was glad to see all the colors and was pleasantly surprised at how hot the green color looked

·
Registered
163 Posts
It was a great meet today - so neat to see that many SKYs in one place when I still have not seen another SKY on the road yet around Peoria!

The folks that put this together did a great job, and I hope we have many more meets to come!! :yesnod: :grouphug:

triple black said:
...was pleasantly surprised at how hot the green color looked
I'm also glad we were there to represent the green SKYs to prove how awesome of a color it really is!!
DSC00016.JPG

·
Registered
745 Posts
It was great

When I drove out this morning I was think what if no one shows up. When I drove in at a 7:45, I was pleasantly surprised to find 4 Skys already there. so many great people met today. We will be working to get a Club together so we can have more events and get better with each time.

The turn out was great and learned for the next one. I think we will get even bigger here in the Midwest after people see the pics posted.

As the day went on it really did feel like a family reunion, nice conversation.
A plus is the two people that hold the fate of my Redline order are estatic. Wayne the owner of Six Saturn Dealers said this went above and beyond his expectations. The Saturn Regional Rep. said this was a great thing and the SKyforum people showed there strength here.

Thank you all for making this a special time.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
I've seen a green one in person at my dealer, really thought about changing to green but glad I stuck with yellow. :thumbs:
UDONEGOOD!! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
the TURNOUT was more than i imagined...21.. how AWESOME....... oh wow... THIS IS MY 2000 POST...... YEAH...:cheers: :thumbs: :cheers: ...... i was a bit :rolleyes: not to see a white one.. but.. WOW.. JENS..... I LOVE THE GREEN..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
745 Posts
We have to have a white and Bluestone

When we organize another gathering we have got to get a white and Bluestone have the complete set in mutiples. This forum has the nicest people you ever want to meet on it. it was your involvement that made this a great day, I can't thank you enough.
Scott

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
i read on the other downers grove thread that the saturn exec said 1500-2000 red lines for this model year. I wonder just how many pre-lim orders have been placed so far. Did anyone ask him that?

·
Registered
745 Posts
No I guess didn't think

He was very assertive in his answers, and I love to look in someones eyes as they speak he did not hesitate with any answers. i found it most interesting that he said the model year ends in December and 2008 models start in January. The numbers just makes sense. That would be 3-4 Redlines per dealer if allocations were equal for the 2007 Model year. But I'm sure they will go to 2008 list automatically. I would assume if they are entered into system the system would automatically tally prelim orders and when all 2007 are accounted for it would go to prelims for 2008.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
He was very assertive in his answers, and I love to look in someones eyes as they speak he did not hesitate with any answers. i found it most interesting that he said the model year ends in December and 2008 models start in January. The numbers just makes sense. That would be 3-4 Redlines per dealer if allocations were equal for the 2007 Model year. But I'm sure they will go to 2008 list automatically. I would assume if they are entered into system the system would automatically tally prelim orders and when all 2007 are accounted for it would go to prelims for 2008.

Hmm...not necessarily, Scott. If you go by how the Solstice orders are done...if an order is not picked up for model year 2007, then it must be re-entered into the system as a 2008 order...it does not automatically switch over into a 2008 order. The GM has to enter the order all over again. Again...this is how I understand them to be doing the Solstice, so I would imagine it's the same process for the Sky as well. BTW...Wayne promised me the first 2008 R/L at Downers Grove...:D :willy: He said he will let me know when they are ready to order...thinks that production will begin in January, but we shall see. I'm not in any real hurry anyways, as I've got my regular Sky for now. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
This Model Year thing has me puzzled...

If you followed the SKY from the beginning, it was going to come out in early 2006. Then, at one point, Saturn announced that it would come out as a 2007 SKY. Normally the "next year" models come out in September or so... With the first real deliveries not coming out until March or April, that left only 5 months or so of SKYs before the 2007s hitting in September, so with less than half a year why not make the first SKYs come out as 2007 models? It made sense.

But now, if it is true that the Model Year will cut over in January, you're talking about introducing a 2008 car in January of 2007 - "nine months early." If you stay on that pattern, and change the model year again the following January, all 2008 models will be built in 2007, and the 2009 will be built in 2008. That does not seem to make sense.

Why would Saturn want to change to the 2008 model "nine months early?" Styling changes? Option changes? Or, dare I suggest... Price Changes?

·
Registered
421 Posts
SkyBaby said:
the TURNOUT was more than i imagined...21.. how AWESOME....... oh wow... THIS IS MY 2000 POST...... YEAH...:cheers: :thumbs: :cheers: ...... i was a bit :rolleyes: not to see a white one.. but.. WOW.. JENS..... I LOVE THE GREEN..... SkyBaby-07
Just curious...was the count at 21 b4 I came back with mine, or am I in that number...Sounds like I missed a whole lot of happening in between. Totally missed the talk with the GM exec. Glad you guys took care of business while I ran out and picked up my Sky!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Next Event

Bloomington Normail cruise in, and pool party! 8/12.

I get the details together in a new thread.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
We will be working to get a Club together so we can have more events and get better with each time.

The turn out was great and learned for the next one. I think we will get even bigger here in the Midwest after people see the pics posted.

Thank you all for making this a special time.
You and Sky Baby are the ones we should be thanking along with everyone who drove in and our hosts. It was a super terrific time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Just curious...was the count at 21 b4 I came back with mine, or am I in that number...Sounds like I missed a whole lot of happening in between. Totally missed the talk with the GM exec. Glad you guys took care of business while I ran out and picked up my Sky!
You are in that total of 21:thumbs: It was great to meet you and hope you make the Bloomington show in August

1 - 20 of 26 Posts