Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a drive today with no particular place to go. It was sort of hot but I drove with the top down and suffered the 90 degrees. I stopped for gas and went inside the convience store for a bottled water. When I came out a guy was standing in front of my Sky looking at it. He was driving a pickup but after talking I found out he owns a Sol. While we were talking a guy from the car detail shop next door walked over and asked "how much, about 40k?" I drove around a little more and stopped for an ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery. I could see the Sky in the parking lot while we were having an ice cream. A Ford truck pulled up and circled around the sky looking at it and drove off. A short while later a Toyota pulled up and circled around the Sky looking at it. The attention is remarkable!:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great, isn't it, Gary?

·
Super Moderator
11,567 Posts
Yea, it's pretty common. I had fun the other night at one of the places I go to do kareoke (there, my dirty little secret is OUT). I had a bunch of friends that go there and mentioned to one that I had gotten a new car. It was parked right in front of the door. They'd ask what I got and I'd tell them...a Saturn Sky.

I either got the "Oh, Saturn, they have...uh...nice cars..." or "A Saturn what?" So eventually they'd want to go out and take a look at it. Where I had my fun is watching where they were looking when we walked out the front door. They'd see my car sitting there but then start looking around the parking lot. "Where is it?" Then I'd point at my car sitting in front of them.

First was "WOW, THAT'S your car!?" followed by "And it's a SATURN!?" LOL Then we'd go back inside and another friend would come up to me. "Hey, I heard from so-and-so you got a new car. Is it here? Can I see it?" and repeat the whole process over again. It went on all night. I thought for sure one girl was going to mount the car in the parking lot she liked it so much. LOL Too funny.

So after a month it doesn't fade. Just accept and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Same here! I bought the car because I liked it! I didn't realize I was buying a rock star! Although,,, I am LOVIN it!

:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
For Fathers Day my youngins met me at LOGANS ROADHOUSE. I parked out front and went inside . While eating my youngins would say Dad look at the people checking out your Sky. For two hours thats all we saw. Afterwards we sat outside to let dinner settle and BS and watch people do double and triple takes on my car. After a while my youngiest would say Yes that is a Saturn... And people would say A Saturn? Yes life is good till the bird dun dookied on the front hood....Skip... dang birds....:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Skip said:
Yes life is good till the bird dun dookied on the front hood....Skip... dang birds....:cool: :cool:
That's why I have a bottle of Quik Detail and 2 MicroFiber towels behind the driver seat! Takes care of that real quick!:jester: :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,567 Posts
tyler07 said:
That's why I have a bottle of Quik Detail and 2 MicroFiber towels behind the driver seat! Takes care of that real quick!:jester: :thumbs:
ROFLOL...and I thought I was the only one psycho enough to be doing this...LOL But I see your Quick Detail and 2 towels then raise you a California Duster! LOL

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Robotech said:
ROFLOL...and I thought I was the only one psycho enough to be doing this...LOL But I see your Quick Detail and 2 towels then raise you a California Duster! LOL
Nope. There are more psychos than you. I keep a bottle of Windex and a towel in my garage so that I can wipe the bugs off the bumper when I park her.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The car has plenty of WOW factor, I was at my freinds working on his 2006 GTO with my mid-blue Sky across the street, three guys pull up in a pick up
and looked at the car for about 5 min. the next thing I know 2 other cars pull up and now I have a crowd.

The first batch of guys called some friends.

I walked over and now I'm an instant Sky sales rep......

Gotta love it....:thumbs:

My buddy with GTO was a little jealous, he has a nice goat, but no WOW.
I would love to stuff his engine in the Sky :smash:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts