Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear what is happening with the tooling for the kappa? Just wondering if someone will pick up the tooling for the sky/solstice and continue ala the studebaker avanti?:confused:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Anyone hear what is happening with the tooling for the kappa? Just wondering if someone will pick up the tooling for the sky/solstice and continue ala the studebaker avanti?:confused:
I heard at a car show on Friday that the company that bought the plant is going to use the Kappa platform for one of is cars. I heard???????????????
:patriot:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
That old tooling is likely deteriorated beyond hope and will never be used again.
The fine but short-lived kappa platform is done and gone thanks to GM/DC;
and will not be revived by some pie-in-the-sky electric-car company.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The plant was sold to Fisker Automotive as a part of the bankruptcy reorganization at the tail end of 2009.

Whether or not the tooling was sold along with the plant is unclear at the best, but future, announced Fisker plans have no hint of anything Kappa related.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Fisker sold the tooling to Delorean in Humble, TX They are going to make a new model with the chasis of our cars. I have heard the waterfall or center console will hold the "Flux Capacitior" and the radio will only play Huey Lewis and the News songs from the early 80's. Also the song memory will not play from the last song, but start over every time you turn on the stereo or start the car. I also hear the first song will be "The Power of Love"

It will be convertible, but you won't be able to put the top down because the trunk will be filled with parts needed to for the Fusion device.

The car will not start when you want it to and the outside will be strangely fire hot or ice cold after you drive.

Best to get an alarm, because old men with canes might steal it and do dastardly things to our future... So watch out for Dr. House!

Good news it will be faster than the Old Delorean.:cheers:

http://www.delorean.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts