Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm workin' on it. I'm thinking - Go East! It should be cool enough in October to take Ortega Highway to Lake Elsinore. I'm also working on other treats and surprises.

Who is interested in a run in October?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm up for another run as long as it's on a Saturday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm game (if I have a Sky by then). I have family in Murietta and in Canyon Lake, which are close to Lake Elsinore so it would be a good excuse to show off the Sky...although my aunt in Canyon Lake has "generously" offered to pick up my car from my dealer when it arrives (an offer that was politely rejected!):lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
jdigiant said:
I'm workin' on it. I'm thinking - Go East! It should be cool enough in October to take Ortega Highway to Lake Elsinore. I'm also working on other treats and surprises.

I'm down for October too~ Please in the early/mid October time, as I am headed for Kauai on the 28th.

I'm thinking of a "mini-trip" for all of us too. Perhaps a meet at Descanso Gardens and getting up Angeles Crest Highway to Newcombs for lunch. A much shorter trip. Meet at 10:30 and head up Angeles Crest Highway, getting to Newcombs for a bite to eat. There are a lot of bikes that go up there, but they are "car" and "parking" friendly. I drove up a couple of weeks ago to meet with some of my husband's friends to watch the Laguna Seca Moto GP and it's a good time and their food is good. It's a lovely drive and quite twisty. I'd be leading and you'll be going a bit faster to keep up.
Newcombs has a full bar and plenty of parking. This ride wouldn't be to impress the "passer byers", but rather a mini performance drive to let the car feel the ground, if you know what I mean. We go, we eat, we come home. Simple as that. It's typically cooler up there and it has outside seating as well. It's very pretty scenery. Anyway, I'm actually thinking either next weekend or in September.

Remember folks, I'm staying with my parents while the condo is being worked on. I go under the knife on the 16th for some surgery (nothing major), and my daughter starts Middle Scool the first week of September. So it's going to have to be sooner or much later. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
802 Posts
jdigiant said:

Any date, any time as long as it isn't hot! (no snow either) I like thunder and lightning (the wife hates it)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I'm down for October too~ Please in the early/mid October time, as I am headed for Kauai on the 28th.

I'm thinking of a "mini-trip" for all of us too. Perhaps a meet at Descanso Gardens and getting up Angeles Crest Highway to Newcombs for lunch. A much shorter trip. Meet at 10:30 and head up Angeles Crest Highway, getting to Newcombs for a bite to eat. There are a lot of bikes that go up there, but they are "car" and "parking" friendly. I drove up a couple of weeks ago to meet with some of my husband's friends to watch the Laguna Seca Moto GP and it's a good time and their food is good. It's a lovely drive and quite twisty. I'd be leading and you'll be going a bit faster to keep up.
Newcombs has a full bar and plenty of parking. This ride wouldn't be to impress the "passer byers", but rather a mini performance drive to let the car feel the ground, if you know what I mean. We go, we eat, we come home. Simple as that. It's typically cooler up there and it has outside seating as well. It's very pretty scenery. Anyway, I'm actually thinking either next weekend or in September.

Remember folks, I'm staying with my parents while the condo is being worked on. I go under the knife on the 16th for some surgery (nothing major), and my daughter starts Middle Scool the first week of September. So it's going to have to be sooner or much later. Let me know your thoughts.
Any time is usually good for me, however next weekend (Saturday) I have a wedding I must attend. Your Angeles Crest idea sounds great though. Let me know when you decide to do it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We'll go! I finally have my car so I can finally join in on the fun.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
jdigiant said:
You can count me in. Sounds like fun. I've take the drive before in an Explorer, a little too top heavy.
Angelqute1 said:
I'm thinking of a "mini-trip" for all of us too. Perhaps a meet at Descanso Gardens and getting up Angeles Crest Highway to Newcombs for lunch. A much shorter trip. Meet at 10:30 and head up Angeles Crest Highway, getting to Newcombs for a bite to eat. I'm actually thinking either next weekend or in September.
A lunch trip, and get together sounds good too. Although it would have to be a Sunday for me to go if it is before the Labor Day Weekend. After that I should have Saturdays off.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
For both ideas!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Count Us In

jdigiant said:

Oh yeah, you can count me and Louie in for sure. More surprises?? Ooohh, I like your style. Hey, can we consider starting a little earlier in the day? We seem to be leaving so late in the afternoon, and people start to burn out before we reach our dinner destination. Maybe we can make it a lunch this time instead? Just a suggestion.
Theresa

·
Registered
453 Posts
Agree, Agree, Agree

sky dawg said:
I'm up for another run as long as it's on a Saturday.
I agree on the Saturday preference. I got home after 9:00 PM. last weekend, but it was no big deal because it was a Satruday. Works for me!!!
Theresa

·
Registered
453 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

Hey what a great idea. I especially like the starting time 10:30. As I said before, I think the earlier the better. Hope you make it happen sounds like a fun day.

Theresa

·
Registered
188 Posts
Count us in as well for either trip. Saturday was a blast! (Promise I'll be there on time this run).... :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Okay folks, we're going to schedule the mini-ride to Newcombs for Saturday, September 9th. How does that sound?
I should be recovered by then and it follows a holiday weekend. We can catch up on holiday weekend stories....

Let me know your thoughts. This will give me time to scout out Descanso Gardens parking lot - perhaps we can take a tour through there too, it's BEAUTIFUL if you've never been. Very romantic. But I will ask if we can use their parking lot as our first stop. I'm calling now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hopefully I'll have my Redline by then. If so, it's on!:jester:

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
I'm a maybe for October. First weekend in October I have a two day Pontiac Drag Race up at LACR and then the last weekend is a Halloween party at my place in Riverside with my So Cal Club Grand Prix guys...but if any of you are interested in hanging out with a bunch of muscle car minded grease monkeys (myself included) you are more than welcome to come too. Parking may be an issue with a number of Skys and Grand Prixs (and I warn you now about the abundance of "chick car" comments you'll hear...so bring a thick skin...LOL It's all in fun though) but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Other than that October is good. September sucks because my engine for the Grand Prix is coming back and I have to get it ready by October.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Okay folks, we're going to schedule the mini-ride to Newcombs for Saturday, September 9th. How does that sound?
I should be recovered by then and it follows a holiday weekend. We can catch up on holiday weekend stories....

Let me know your thoughts. This will give me time to scout out Descanso Gardens parking lot - perhaps we can take a tour through there too, it's BEAUTIFUL if you've never been. Very romantic. But I will ask if we can use their parking lot as our first stop. I'm calling now.
This sounds good to me. Count us in.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
mini-ride to Newcombs for Saturday, September 9th. How does that sound?
Let me know your thoughts.
My thought is that it is awsome. I should have my work schedule worked out by then to have Saturdays off (no more calling in sick to work). The Mrs will be out of town visiting the Grandkids, but I will mark the calendar, so I can come.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooo

Angelqute1 said:

Oh Nooo, Sept. 9 I have to attend a family function!! I was so looking forward to this particular ride. I am really bummed about having to miss it if it's on the 9th. Boo Hoo :rolleyes: :banghead:
Theresa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ortega Drive / Sara & Eddie

Hey guy's we have been out of the loop for a while cause of work & stuff
but we were comming back from San Diego a couple of weeks ago & we took
Ortega Hwy unfortunetly we were in my Focus, I wish we had the Sky for all those corners anyway as you all know it's hard to travel with no trunk space.
Anyway we will keep up on the haps on the future runs ? P.S. I spoke with
Michele from Huntington Beach Saturn & she mentioned something about another run from there does any one know about this ? Let us know Sara & Eddie. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Was'sup

P.S. I spoke with
Michele from Huntington Beach Saturn & she mentioned something about another run from there does any one know about this ? Let us know Sara & Eddie. :)
Let me know too!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts