Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just behind the front wheels on as low as you can go on the body, there is 2 pieces of what looks like tape about 4 inches long. Both of them are starting to peel and come off and it looks like it is taking the paint with them! What is that all about?

Anyone looked under there lately? Maybe it is something that was supposed to be removed at the factory or worst yet, maybe the dealer was to remove them. I'm afraid that some damage has been done to the paint now. Please, if someone would look and report back. I would like to know if my vehicle is unique to this problem.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Turk said:
Just behind the front wheels on as low as you can go on the body, there is 2 pieces of what looks like tape about 4 inches long. Both of them are starting to peel and come off and it looks like it is taking the paint with them! What is that all about?

Anyone looked under there lately? Maybe it is something that was supposed to be removed at the factory or worst yet, maybe the dealer was to remove them. I'm afraid that some damage has been done to the paint now. Please, if someone would look and report back. I would like to know if my vehicle is unique to this problem.
Turk... is it white plastic tape, very thin and malleable? I wonder if its the platic coating they put over the car to protect it in transport, I discovered a piece hanging off my passenger side door not too long ago.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1994SC2 said:
Turk... is it white plastic tape, very thin and malleable? I wonder if its the platic coating they put over the car to protect it in transport, I discovered a piece hanging off my passenger side door not too long ago.
No, its pretty thick and has an adhesive that is pretty sticky. It looks like it was originally clear and has a fold that has come loose long ways and obviously was folded to protect the bottom of that part. It is on the first panel behind the front wheel as far back as you can go.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Turk -- might we get a picture of the problem area?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The same sort of question was asked over on the Solstice forum and one wise-ass shared the thought that is shouldn't be removed because it might be holding the car together. -------------------- And it wasn't me, although I thought it was :lol: :willy: :lol: :willy: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our dealership removed ours after we pointed it out to them. He said it was supposed to be there, but I asked why it would be peeling off about an inch.

Have your dealership take it off and clean it up for you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts