Saturn Sky Forum banner

When do you think YOU will get YOUR Saturn Sky ('07, not redline)

• Between Feb 6 and feb 15, 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
hixclan said:
If a dealer tells you that they are getting 2 per allocation and you are number 6 - what do you think the wait time is? May? June?
just curious.

I would think that would be just about right! That's assuming 2 allocations a month. That would be for getting an image allocation and being able to order your vehicle.

Then, comes the waiting game.:brentil:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
triple black said:
I was ale to pick up my sky today. It just might be 1 of the first in Illinois. I couldn't belive how great it looked in person.
Congrats!! I know you're riding on cloud 9 now! We need pics for those poor souls who are still waiting:willy: Enjoy your new baby!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I am #9 on the list so I am trying to be realistic. . . :willy:
:cool: :willy: :cool: :driving:
Actually suddenly being #4 on the list -- I still may just make it!:willy:
But I'll be :driving:
:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Who knows, I placed my order on Sept. 12 2005, the only thing I get from the dealer is hot air, I have an order # but nothing else, I agree that an out fit as big as GM & Saturn can't come up with better answers, I can't understand why this whole thing has been such a secret, am I buying a military Jet or a car?

·
Registered
623 Posts
jacwag said:
Who knows, I placed my order on Sept. 12 2005, the only thing I get from the dealer is hot air, I have an order # but nothing else, I agree that an out fit as big as GM & Saturn can't come up with better answers, I can't understand why this whole thing has been such a secret, am I buying a military Jet or a car?
OK, here's why you can't find out. The system was not designed like Dell where you build a car (in Dell's case Computer) and then you can "Watch it be built" online (the dealer also doesn't know this). Cars are built when they are built, this whole you order and it doesn't go to be built immidiatly is normal. The problem is that 99% of the time people are not building cars but buying off the lot or the dealer is trading one of their lot cars with another dealer. Cut GM some slack the system is not designed to give you the information you want.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
With 1 day to go -- just barely made the prediction in time. Oh well - Vegas honors the bet whether it was a blow out or just covered the spread.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sky coming to Portland OR next week

I am the first on the list to buy the floor model once it shows up here in Portland, Oregon. Do I get to buy it? Yes! But do I get to take it? No.....aaaarg. It is the only one that the Dealership is getting, with 12 more on the way 'soon', but no ship or build date yet.

So my wife and I are excited and waiting until this Wednesday when it is on the floor. Don't know what the ruloes of the game are yet but we will have ownership. May be first in Portland but won't know until it arrives.

Actually, it looks exactly like the one on the top of this page; silver with black/red interior.

Wahoo!

Chris

04/05
I was the guy who purchased the silver Sky (the floor model). I was able to do this because we have purchased 6 cars there and I had to allow them to keep it on the floor until the next shipment comes in. Vin#100542.

Chris

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was the third person to put a deposit down the day they first started taking orders. I wound up as #2 on the list. 5 sky's have been delivered and I am still waiting (they say it is because I ordered automatic) But I figured if they would of put the order in immediatly upon getting their information (instead of waiting a month before I called them and pushed the issue) it would of been in by now. Now it looks like the end of may, which I must admit is really pissing me off.:banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
162 Posts
The dealership told me that if I was to get an image at the first of the month, I should see the car by August. So I told him to get me Redline info, and if it will be that long to get a regular SKY, I should be first to get the Redline. IF that is not going to happen, I won't be getting the car.

Disapointed that I order in October, #2 on list, and can't get car till August. Won't pay 29K (tax title liscense) for car that has to sit in garage for 6 months before I can enjoy it. And heck, by the time I get it, they will be going on Ebay for regular price and won't be able to flip it either to get deposit for another.

·
Registered
128 Posts
been waiting since 09/05, so who knows. seems that a lot of you lucky members are enjoying your SKY's, I can only envy you all, :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dealer Called Today

OUR FREDERICKSBURG VA. DEALER CALLED TODAY. AFTER ALMOST 7 MONTHS OUR SILVER PEARL, AUTO. HAS BEEN BORN AND AT THE FACTORY TO BE SENT. NO WORD ON HOW SOON YET BUT OUR NEW GARAGE, THE SKY LODGE, IS SETTING EMPTY, CLEAN, CARPET DOWN AND WAITING. HOPE WE GET IT SOON, THE WEATHER IS GETTING GOOD.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Hopfully

According to the dealer, it should by here next week
:D
At the latest the following week. If I have to I will probably call in "Sick" to work so I can go pick it up ASAP. Here's Hoping. :thumbs:

·
Registered
105 Posts
pics of #100542

Silver Graphite w/ red & black interior
Crome wheels, spoiler, premium sound
5-speed

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
lchrisns said:
pics of #100542

Silver Graphite w/ red & black interior
Crome wheels, spoiler, premium sound
5-speed
Wow! Make it auto and it matches our colors :drool: . Excellent pics :cool: :driving: .

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine should be coming at the end of june. i cant wait! i'm counting down the days already. there were only 3 ppl ahead of me, 2 should be getting theirs in may and me and someone else in june. just in time for summer. :cool:

my dealer told me that all dealerships are getting 2 a month, so if ur like the 50th person on the list don't even bother and try another dealership. u'll be waiting for years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flyin in the Sky

I'm new...just today. I'm really jazzed about this site! Anywho - I'm wishin and hopin that my SKY will be in my driveway by June 10th. The dealer had one already on order exactly the way I wanted it...it was fate...so I slapped down some moola and now it's the waiting game. Anyway, congrats to all who have theirs already...you lucky pookas! :drool:

mahaloz, jon

Graphite Silver
black/red leather
monsoon/six disc changer

41 - 60 of 88 Posts