Saturn Sky Forum banner

When do you think YOU will get YOUR Saturn Sky ('07, not redline)

• Between Feb 6 and feb 15, 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hopefully by the end of June or i might have to look for something else for the summer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1-15 June

Thats what I put in the poll a while back. Not sure if its gonna make it. Hopefully I will get a good update tomorrow when the GM is in.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ordering Today

I test drove a shiny Black Sky on Saturday and I am placing my order today.

The dealer says that I shouldn't expect my car before February or March of next year. Ouch!:banghead:

I hope production picks up soon. Dealer allocation is currently 3 per month for two locations. I will be about number 30 in line.

Anyway,

I am going to order Midnight Blue...loaded with tan top and tan leather interior.

·
Registered
90 Posts
For my B-DAY

My Sky was shipped 5-01-06. Where oh where are you now? My 25th anniversary of my 25th birthday is may 26th.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
lchrisns said:
pics of #100542

Silver Graphite w/ red & black interior
Crome wheels, spoiler, premium sound
5-speed
WOW, Makes me glad I picked that color combo - silver graphite, red/black, chrome - it looks awsome!

I originally picked June 1 - 15. I was gonna change it since, rumor has it, my car shipped on 4/11, invoice rec'd by dealer 4/27 and was supposed to arrive 5/4. Well, my car is "somewhere" - no one is quite sure where. Guess I'll stick with my original due date. :banghead:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sky Delivery

Was any one told as I was when they ordered their Sky the expected delivery was 6 to 8 weeks? Now it has gone to 3 or 4 months. I ordered on 2/28 and still waiting on its delivery. I feel like I was lied to just to get the order.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I was told 8 weeks or more... We both laughed -- Everyone knows the operative words were "or more".
I picked -- Between June 16 and June 30, 2006 -- I just went 3100 so I may hit it right on the money.
However when I made that prediction I was #9 on the list. Top think I was bumped to #4 and looks like I might squeeze in under the deadline.
:willy:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't think the dealer lied to you. What purpose would that serve since people are standing in line for this car, if he didn't sell it to you he would sell the car to someone else. As far as a more extended wait than was expected, you could either stand aside and let someone move up on the list or you could wait with the rest of us and go slowly MAD. The wait will be worth it......go and test drive one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They certainly do not have their act together on the launch of this car. There seems to be a lot of I don't know from our dealer. If the info was available it would be ok.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
t_n_g said:
They certainly do not have their act together on the launch of this car. There seems to be a lot of I don't know from our dealer. If the info was available it would be ok.
Well they don't have a lot of experience. Let's total up all the low volume auto start ups that Saturn has done since 1990....
Zero
:eek:
The common response to any car order is 6-8 weeks. Since many dealers have received 4 or less cars -- and since most sales reps are not dealing with the SKY (GMs seem to be doing most of the record keeping) they have very little info to go on... SO they fall back on............... 6-8 weeks...
Also – they want to give you and answer…. “I have no freaking Idea” wouldn’t go over too well either. :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Update

bigdog said:
WOW, Makes me glad I picked that color combo - silver graphite, red/black, chrome - it looks awsome!

I originally picked June 1 - 15. I was gonna change it since, rumor has it, my car shipped on 4/11, invoice rec'd by dealer 4/27 and was supposed to arrive 5/4. Well, my car is "somewhere" - no one is quite sure where. Guess I'll stick with my original due date. :banghead:
I heard from my salesman last night that my car has been found and should be on a truck today! He estimated that it should be at the dealers on Friday. I am optimistic but not likely to camp out at the dealers to watch it come in. I've waited this long - - -

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I fear that the new September prediction may be correct. :banghead: :brentil: :mad:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
tomorrow:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The front plate mounts on the fascia just below the opening with the Saturn logo. It is mounted with fastening hardware to the underneath side ot the fascia so the holes do not show. I found that it didn't look to bad, especially when you consider how the mounting on the Solstice looks.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
nighttripper said:
tomorrow:thumbs:
OOps raining today, bring her home tomorrow in the sunny periods

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sky will be falling on my driveway this Thursday, May 25

ordered my Chlie red pepper sky in the end of feb. It is at the dealership now, and I will pick it up Thursday. Purchased at eatontown, New jersey saturn. I am 54 years old and have purcheased many new cars. Saturn is by far the best car company I have ever dealt with. I hope the car is as good as the dealership. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I am #9 on the list so I am trying to be realistic. . . :willy:
:cool: :willy: :cool: :driving:
Seems I will be right on since while it was delivered today 6/9/06 I will take possession 6/16/06:thumbs:

61 - 80 of 88 Posts