Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So when do you think this thing (The Redline) gets announced? After NAIAS? New York? Chicago? Thoughts?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Announced? Or when do they take orders? Something is happening on the 11th. I'd say of January...but it may be a while before they take actual orders. As I said earlier, my dealer says April or May before they can take actual orders for the car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
Announced? Or when do they take orders? Something is happening on the 11th. I'd say of January...but it may be a while before they take actual orders. As I said earlier, my dealer says April or May before they can take actual orders for the car.
they are still telling me early spring is when the first cars will be delivered.....

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We are expecting our first image on Tuesday Jan 10th. :willy: I hope this is accurate. This came from the GM (General Manager) of the store. But as usual, GM (General Motors) can change their minds and keep us waiting longer. :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Image date

Sky Dealer said:
We are expecting our first image on Tuesday Jan 10th. :willy: I hope this is accurate. This came from the GM (General Manager) of the store. But as usual, GM (General Motors) can change their minds and keep us waiting longer. :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
My Cincinnati dealership's general manager advised me that the first image given them is Feb 6th,

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dealer Info

Hey Everyone,

I just spoke with my dealer this morning. He told me that they will get their first SKY in March. This is probably their demo SKY. I am 4th on the list and am hoping to have my SKY by August. I don't think this is too unrealistic. My dealer, did put it in writing that the SKY would be sold at MSRP.

Brandon

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You did notice this was in the Redline Forum? I was talking about the Redline being announced, this has nothing to do with the normal SKY. Pay Attention!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My fault... sorry

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MrJester said:
My fault... sorry
S'ok.. Everyone here (in this thread) missed the boat!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will go on record and forecast a fall announcement. I think they (GM) will give the Solstice a good run with the turbo option first. After all, if people thought that they could wait a short period of time and get the redline they would not sell as many of the standard cars. Just a guess though. I have to wonder what the total of Sky's that will get produced first, then how many redlines will be available later? Don't forget that there will be a third car (Opel) that will be starting up behind the Sky. It will be interesting to see how demand or lack of effects any given cars availability. The Opel as far as we know is an export only. I have to believe it will be a hit in Europe also. Three GM Divisions producing cars out of the same plant has to be an corporate mind field. I wonder who calls the shots? Sorry to have taken this off topic, but it all goes to your question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts