325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what's your attraction to the Sky:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
You serious...

...really?

I mean, would I have posted over 600 posts if I didnt love the car. Its like asking a fish why do you like the sea, asking a golfer why do you love golf, asking a composer why do you like music. I don't argue with myself over these things.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
In 1979, while living in Detroit and having a Mom working for GM and Dad working for Chrysler, I bought a Triumph Spitfire as my first new car.

My parents said, "How could you buy a non-American car when the auto industry is hurting as bad as it is?"

My response was, "As soon as Detroit makes a decent two-seat roadster, I'll buy it."

They did, so I did. End of story. Took 'em 27 years, but who's counting?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do the poll, vote you thugs!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I almost wish I hadn't heard about the sky now... it's the only thing I really want at the moment, but it's not an option until I pay my other stuff off...:banghead:

·
Registered
205 Posts
well I saw a solstice on the road which got me interested so I started looking around on the web. I wasn't too found of the front of the solstice. While looking at it I saw a comparison of it to the sky. So I was like hmm whats this sky thing. So I went to saturn and soon as I saw it I was like :eek: then I was like :willy:. Next week going to dealer can't wait.:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seems to be...

such a silly question. I mean, have you seen the car in person? (rhetorical question- not meant to inflame anyone)

I often get to see a reflection of me driving my Sky and still cannot believe what an absolutely fantastic looking car. IMHO it is the best looking car on the road today.

'Nuff said!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I like everything about the SKY, and one of the reasons is I now have a very large family here, and lots of lifelong friends (brothers & sisters actually) and I owe it all to a little roadster called the Saturn SKY, a magical little ride, YUP!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it looks a little like a baby vette, that's why I like it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I thought it looked like a Vip.

You many not be getting the reaction to the pole you wanted because we've done this one at least once before.

Of course with all the new members it's interesting to revisit some of the old poles again.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bradyb said:
Let me know what's your attraction to the Sky:
Ever since I had my 65 vette and had to sell it, I have wanted another sportscar... When the Miata came out the only thing about it I could not get over was that it was Japaneese... I longed for GM to come out with an affordable sports car... then the Solstice show car... I fell in love... then I saw the sketch of the Sky, I was interested but still wanted a Solstice.. then i saw the Sky's first pictures, I loved every angle of the Sky, I was hooked... I put my deposit down for a Sky on July 1st 2005 (1 year ago today) and took delivery of my Sky on March 23rd 2006, and I have no regretted it one single bit...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why Sky?

I cut my teeth on the old British Leylands, but got tired of being under the hood (bonnet) more than I was behind the wheel. I've drooled over some of the newer "sports" cars like the Eclipse and the Miata, but I wanted to buy American.

I loved the Solstice until I saw the front end and then the Sky fell on me. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again and drive because I want to drive; not just get there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
In order:
  • affordability... under $40K
  • torque...that amazing turbo engine
  • fun...roadster
  • style...great looks

·
Registered
141 Posts
I saw the Sky at an Auto Show and it was the most impressive vehicle there, including cars that cost 4 to 5 times more.

I saw the Solstice right near it at the show and the Sky blew the Solstice out of the water. Before I saw the Sky, I loved the Solstice. Side by side, the Solstice looks kind of boring, retro, and flat. And, yet, the Solstice looks awesome next to almost any other car.

The Auto Show sold me on this car. And BTW, the Silver Pearl is a knock-out in person. The pictures just don't do it justice.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Here is our funny story about the Sol vs. the Sky...

My wife is a huge fan of the "Apprentice" show, and I could really care less about it. Well, while she was watching it they did the stint on the Sol. She was down stairs and I was up stairs on the computer looking at Saturns site. Well, at about the same time, she called up to me that I should go onto Pontiac's site to look at a really cool roadster, while I was calling down to her to come up and look at a really cool Saturn. So, while trying to convience eachother to do what the other was talking about, I broke down and said ok. I went to the site and thought that I had the wrong place as the car was the same. I called down to her and asked that she come up to look at something funny, and we both sat in shock as we both picked cars out that were so simular... and at the same time to boot. So, we did a double screen to compare the cars and decided that the Sky looked better to us. It wasn't until some time later that we acually saw one of the Skys- either at the Auto show or at some outdoor event, I can't remember. From that point on, we knew it was ment that we were to get the Sky.
It was just so funny to us that we were calling back in forth trying to persuade eachother that we found the perfect little car...without even knowing what the other was looking at.
We actually almost bought a Sol at the dealer in Toledo as they had a green one there for sale, but the staff was very rude and had a bad attitude when we said we were also looking at the Sky. Seeing that we already had the downpayment on the Sky, we told them our $$ was going to Saturn and left.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Fell in love with the Solstice when it first came out.This is what I was going to get. Then along came the Sky, took me a couple of months to make up my mind and still had doubts until the auto show this year. Glad i waited.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts