Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have ties to an all GM car club up in the San Gabriel Valley here in Southern California. Just got news that they are planning a little Mulhulland drive on Sunday March 29th.

They are meeting at Supercar Sunday which is an weekly event in Woodland Hills at 8:30 a.m. and rolling out at 9:00 a.m. sharp. Here is the starting address for Super Car Sunday:

Westfield Promenade
6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
http://www.supercarsunday.com/

From there they are taking Mulhulland drive to Stunt then down Piuma back onto Mulhulland then all the way out to PCH and having lunch at a famous eatery out there called Neptune's.

The car club's name is GM Eternal and they are open to all GM makes and models. The club has G8s, Pontiacs, Trans Ams, and Camaros as well as SUVs, pickups and other non-performance GMs. They're a younger club (average age probably mid 30s) but a great bunch of people.

I've never driven Mulhulland before but have heard about it so figure I need to try it at least once in the Sky. Hope to see some of you out there even with the short notice.

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
121 miles to the meet up point. Means leaving home at 530 am. Sunday afternoon traffic through and out of LA. A minimum of 7-8 hours in the car. Not sure this is something I really want to do. Will let you know tomorrow, but I am thinking doubtful.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think I may make this one.

·
Super Moderator
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got an update. They will be meeting next to Super Car Sunday at the Topanga Promenade mall. nearest cross streets are Promenade and Oxnard. There is a sign they are using for a landmark and will be meeting there. Here is a picture of the sign.

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
I think we are going, headed down to clean the pig in a little bit. Appears the dog can make it for that long. Headed down at 5am, may set in on the car show for a little waiting on you. Unless you have a planned time to head out.

Gabe, Glassor, Sky Piolot, would love to se you guys make this and the one the 18th.

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Departing here at 5am. The show/cruise starts at 7am, so would like to look around a bit before meeting up with everyone. But there might not be any parking in the area, did the cars and coffee in San Diego and 7am was three hours too late to get a parking spot.

Will see how it looks in the morning. Did hear the weather is changing some. Rain the princess does not go!

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Made the event, but the pace was little too hot for me. Too many cyclists on the road, and felt very uneasy about it. Being a cyclist, knowing the fear that comes from fast moving cars with screeching tires, decided to back out and head home. Beautiful drive though for sure. Some really nice G8's there, a red one that was really a nice car. I hope all had a great time.

·
Super Moderator
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea it was a quick pace. Driver in the first car had a 700 hp G8 and races Mazda cup. Second car was a 350z driven by a formula 3 driver. Both know the road real well and said they were running at under 90% to keep safe. Great drive and a ton of fun. Nice my little NA kept up with the G8s, GTOs, and Camaros.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Cyclist don't belong on those roads. Too dangerous.

I saw them every where. Was a pain in the ass, even at the speed limit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts