Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we absolutely MUST do a get-together as a Christmas Party. And, being who we are, I think we're gonna have to do a drive to get there, too. I have some ideas for that...

:D

But - let's talk a date. December 2nd? The 9th? Who is going to be where when? Let's get this dialogue started so we can get a date assigned and I can make the dinner reservations...

-- John D. --

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Waiting on schedule

Sounds like a plan. But, I have to wait to see how the schedule (here at work) changes after Thanksgiving.
Hopefully it won't cause any conflicts.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Great idea but I think I'll be too late. My bride and I are headed down on the 22nd - 26th to see our sons in San Diego. We'll stay at the Barona Resort and Shearaton Harbor Island (best of both worlds!):lol:
We'll keep an eye on the thread and see what happens though!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If I get a vote I'll pick the 9th.

I'll be in SoCal (north Orange County) on a photo job and could be free in the afternoon of the 9th. Driving down from NCal on the 8th and heading back home on the 10th.

:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bummer. I never get to go to these. I feel so antisocial. I'm going out of town the day after Thanksgiving and I don't get back until December 14th -- just in time for holiday decorating/shopping/wrapping madness. Oh well, it could be worse, I was in retail management last Christmas. I went from being a Martha Stewart holiday wannabe (parties, decorating, fa la la ing to the radio) to the Grinch the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday indeed. At least this year since I'm not working until January I can enjoy the holiday season!

Sorry I won't be there but have a blast everyone! I'll just have to do a solo Christmas lights night drive when I get back!:)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm hoping for a delivery of my RL the second week of December...I'll definately be working on racking up miles for the break in period.:thumbs:

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'll tell you what. If there are enough of you interested towards the latter part of December while I'm in SD I'll set a Xmas get together up in advance. I'll post the details and options in the Pacific threads. I lived in SD for over 20 years and love it (just moved north last April)! there isn't a route or a fun place the bride and I haven't gone. Watch the Pacific Thread!

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
NOT THE 2ND! LOL

I have a track day on the 2nd I'm trying to get my Grand Prix ready for and that would just suck...LOL I need my racing fix and need my Sky cruise fix. Been too long between each...

·
Registered
117 Posts
So far, so good...

Hey John. Great idea. We'd love to join up with the group.
Both 2nd and 9th are clear so far.

john and robin

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's looking like the 9th...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Not Even Thanksgiving Yet

But...Are there any other thoughts on what to do for a Christmas get-together.

·
Registered
737 Posts
But...Are there any other thoughts on what to do for a Christmas get-together.
As much as I'd like to join you for the Christmas bash, I will be on drugs at least that week...having surgery on 12/5 and don't think I will be up to it. But....I will hopefully have my new baby in January, and be healed enough to put her through the paces for the next get-together. Looking forward to meeting our So. Cal. group eventually. Tip one for me on the 9th! :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
As much as I'd like to join you for the Christmas bash, I will be on drugs at least that week...having surgery on 12/5 and don't think I will be up to it. But....I will hopefully have my new baby in January, and be healed enough to put her through the paces for the next get-together. Looking forward to meeting our So. Cal. group eventually. Tip one for me on the 9th! :jester:
Good luck with the surgery. We're going to have to get you out to one of these sooner or later. The drugs are related to the surgery, aren't they? :lol:

No, Seagull, it's probably not too early to think about the next outing. The calender's going to start going faster and faster.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have to go to a seminar in Palm Springs Dec. 7-10, so I won't be able to make it. Sorry I'll have to miss another get together. I will be thinking of you guys while I'm soaking in the hot mineral springs. You can't have all work and no play.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Good luck with the surgery. We're going to have to get you out to one of these sooner or later. The drugs are related to the surgery, aren't they? :lol:

No, Seagull, it's probably not too early to think about the next outing. The calender's going to start going faster and faster.
Yes, the drugs are related to the surgery...and I don't share! Thanks for your good words for my surgery. You WILL see me in 2007 for sure! The kitchen is almost completed and my surgery will be behind me....then party hearty! There will be NO stopping me! :nono: :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can the Sol brothers come too?
Of course! I expect to confirm the location next week, and when I do I will post details here. Expect a short drive before for those interested, and then dinner to follow - a pay for your own meal kind of thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts