Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gayest car.........I don't mean to make fun cause I know the sky is pretty much the exact car....and I know I will have some 2,000 written post guy comments about this....how we are a family but.....I saw this article in the sol forum and thought I would share it........it actually made me feel good cause someone offered a question "if the sky came out first would you have gotten that".......needless to say 95 percent said hell no and started bashing the sky......from the smiling front......to the brand........to the too busy interior........

NOW LET ME REPEAT I AM NOT BASHING THE SOLSTICE JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS KINDA A FUNNY THREAD....EVEN THOUGH IT IS OUR SISTER CAR

http://www.gaywheels.com/2006_pontiac_solstice.htm

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also this was in the article

It’s hard to understand how this dash got out the door when the interior of the Solstice’s sister car, the 2007 Saturn Sky, is so drop-dead gorgeous? Ah, sweet mysteries of life at GM.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I think this is way more worth seeing on the same site... http://www.gaywheels.com/gff/nongayfriendly.htm

I really wish they explained why each dealer got the non-gay friendly status in testimonials: "Well Peter and I went to the Nissan dealership and asked to test drive a 350Z and the salesman suggested we go next door to the Chrysler dealership where they take kindly to "our type". He then brandished a knife and ran over Peter with a bright yellow Xterra to show how serious he was. So we bought a Crossfire, its so cute."

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have seen the Sky Bashing threads over there and That is one reason I do not go over there any more.... Besided there are alot of so called Solstice people over there that are really Miata people in disguise wanting to start something, and that is really sad in my opinion, lets not let this forum get into bashing other cars, and if someone does start bashing and calling it names then maybe they should be banned...
JMHO

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
And most of us wouldn't buy a Solstice. We can pick that car apart as well but lets not.

We like the styling of our car and ours is a more up scale version of the Solstice. I'm sure that there are some rock heads on that forum and there are some here as well. I'm not offended by there point of view. It's theres to have as long as they keep it over on that forum.:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
skybeam said:
gayest car.........I don't mean to make fun cause I know the sky is pretty much the exact car....and I know I will have some 2,000 written post guy comments about this....how we are a family but.....I saw this article in the sol forum and thought I would share it........it actually made me feel good cause someone offered a question "if the sky came out first would you have gotten that".......needless to say 95 percent said hell no and started bashing the sky......from the smiling front......to the brand........to the too busy interior........

NOW LET ME REPEAT I AM NOT BASHING THE SOLSTICE JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS KINDA A FUNNY THREAD....EVEN THOUGH IT IS OUR SISTER CAR

http://www.gaywheels.com/2006_pontiac_solstice.htm
The 10 gayest cars article doesn't even mention the Solstice. The person who linked to it from Autoblog just mentioned that the Miata was curiously missing and linked to a positive gay review of the Solstice.

That review was basically a tongue in cheek look at the Solstice from a stereotypically gay (drag queen) perspective. Stereotyping is bad, but I know a lot of people who look at things in that exact same way. As far as I'm concerned, that review was spot-on.

For the record, they're not really Sky bashing much in the second thread you mentioned. Keep in mind that the Sol folks have an obvoius preference that they've expressed in their decision of what car to buy. So someone thinks the Sky's interior is too busy? I think the Solstice's is too blah and boring. It's what made me stick with my decision to wait for a Sky. The brand? I had the same concerns 3 years ago when I bought my first Saturn. I also live too close to NJ to have a history of positive feelings about Pontiac. Just saying so isn't really bashing, just individual expression of taste.

1994SC2, your post was hilarious, but the point of the site is to encourage members of the GLBT community to put their money where their mouths (ahem) are and support companies that offer their gay employees equal respect and support. The gay friendly status is determined by hard facts such as employee benefits, discrimination policies, and community support. It's immportant because in a lot of places, people can be fired specifically for being thought to be gay. To take it down to the dealer level would remove the objectivity and be much less effective beacuse of the influences of people's opinions. By the way, if Peter pulls through, I hope you two enjoy the Crossfire together for a long time. (Couldn't resist!:lol:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow

shocking the two people that had a problem with this thread is skyman and rick with a combined 2,000 post almost.....relax I wasn't bashing just thought it was in interesting thread.......you guys should take a chill pill......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Blast, have the pinks claimed the Crossfire for their own? My silver version is the coupe, I pray a virile specimen. One third of my swell garage set shirked by the Petticoat Wonderboys/broads. Deliver the SKY from the same fate, won't you?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
OK, on both the solstice forum and the miata forum, these threads ran their course pretty quickly.

So, since it's interesting, but not of much contribution here, I'm going to close the disucussion down before anything crappy happens. Sorry if y'all think I'm overcontrolling, but believe me, discussing this subject is just plain not worth it.

thanks for understanding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.