Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Saturn dealer says that they may start taking 2008 orders soon as they feel that the 2007 run is completely sold out. They have told their staff to NOT take orders on any more 2007s and that there is no longer a waiting list for 2007s.

How 'bout THAT?:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My saturn dealer has also stopped taking 2007 orders,and said they will not be coming out with the 2008 models until sometime mid next year...:thumbs:

·
Registered
153 Posts
agirltrucker said:
My saturn dealer has also stopped taking 2007 orders,and said they will not be coming out with the 2008 models until sometime mid next year...:thumbs:

same here....:rolleyes:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
:cheers: Just talked to mine today and the rumor is no more allocations till next year....Skip...:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sounds like they are done ordering for the 2007 year model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Interesting. I put my deposit down 2 weeks ago...guess I made the end of the list... :thumbs:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh Crap! :mad: I just placed my deposit and was due to have my order placed shortly (no major waiting list at my dealer). I have just emailed my salesperson (who is out of town) to see if this is the case nationwide, or just at your particular dealerships. Can the Spy or anyone with major in the know find out if this is true?

Does this mean if your deposit is in you are in? Or what I am really afraid of...if no order number, no Sky for me. If so, I want to get my $1000 back rather than leave it with them for over a year. Actually, what I REALLY want is to get my Sky!!:banghead:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
CrackerJackToy said:
Interesting. I put my deposit down 2 weeks ago...guess I made the end of the list... :thumbs:
The only orders they are taking now are the ones already alloted to the dealers, looks like you did good.....:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
stacib said:
Oh Crap! :mad: I just placed my deposit and was due to have my order placed shortly (no major waiting list at my dealer). I have just emailed my salesperson (who is out of town) to see if this is the case nationwide, or just at your particular dealerships. Can the Spy or anyone with major in the know find out if this is true?

Does this mean if your deposit is in you are in? Or what I am really afraid of...if no order number, no Sky for me. If so, I want to get my $1000 back rather than leave it with them for over a year. Actually, what I REALLY want is to get my Sky!!:banghead:
It all depends if yours is one of the ones already alloted to that paticular dealer, I hope so for you...:)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
CrackerJackToy said:
It is only those certain dealers that fell that have filled all their allocation already but not all dealerships or the complete line is sold out.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deluke said:
It is only those certain dealers that have filled all their allocation already but not all dealerships or the complete line is sold out.
How can dealers actually know what their annual allocations are to be? The only consistent point through all of this, both on this and the Solstice forums, is that the dealers don't know what the production numbers are going to be!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
snaponbob said:
How can dealers actually know what their annual allocations are to be? The only consistent point through all of this, both on this and the Solstice forums, is that the dealers don't know what the production numbers are going to be!!

I don't think they know the exact amount but they should be able to get a ruff idea. My dealer is saying his rep. is saying he will get 4 GXP's, he's trying for a 5th but thats another story. But he doesn't know when he's going to get the first allocation.

But he got 16 Base 2006 Solstice,so 40% would be 4 GXP'S.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The dealers love this game,I wanted a Pace-car in 78 they wouldn't even give me a price. They said just give us a deposit and we will order you one. I ended up buying the Silver Anniversary edition. It took six months. When the first Denali's came out they wanted 4k over MSRP,four months later they had a 2k discount. I stopped at the Saturn dealer in Scottsdale yesterday and they had just unloaded a Black Sky and a Red Sky. Salesman said the black one was a order that had been canceled so they called someone that was on the waiting list. Both were 5 spd and my wife wants auto. He put us on the list and said he could anytime if we are flexible. He said 12 months if i want a Redline.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MrSmoker said:
The dealers love this game,I wanted a Pace-car in 78 they wouldn't even give me a price. They said just give us a deposit and we will order you one. I ended up buying the Silver Anniversary edition. It took six months. When the first Denali's came out they wanted 4k over MSRP,four months later they had a 2k discount. I stopped at the Saturn dealer in Scottsdale yesterday and they had just unloaded a Black Sky and a Red Sky. Salesman said the black one was a order that had been canceled so they called someone that was on the waiting list. Both were 5 spd and my wife wants auto. He put us on the list and said he could anytime if we are flexible. He said 12 months if i want a Redline.
Normally, I would agree. However, I sense that the Saturn dealers are being burdened with "pushback" from the people that they can NOT order cars for. Mine is being worn out with calls and visits, only to have to deal with the reactions of pissed off potential buyers. I guess if supply was a little closer to the demand then there would be some financial reward for the dealers that are putting up with the grief, but there are so few units available that it has created a nightmare!!

At least the Aura's have hit the dealerships so they'll have some satisfaction there!!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
2007 MY is not sold out. GM would have announced it if it as true. Dealers are just stopping taking orders on their own accord.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
brentil said:
2007 MY is not sold out. GM would have announced it if it as true. Dealers are just stopping taking orders on their own accord.
Thanks for clearing this up...:D

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I spoke to a Pontiac dealer who said they had 200+ deposits and are now taking 2009 orders, unless, of course, you pay $5000 over, so this is just part of the dealer "game."

I live in an affluent area, and my Saturn dealer has received nearly one hundred $500 deposits (at one point, I was #73 in line, and I actually saw the numbered stack of order forms). However, because many people here can drop $500 easily, we are finding LOTS of cancellations every month when the cars come in, because they change their mind, or now they want to wait for a Redline. Therefore, with all of these cancellations, Saturn has to believe that a significant percentage of their "orders" are not very firm.

Two weeks ago, my dealer told me that there are a total of 6000 Skys accounted for nationwide out of the 10,000 expected to be delivered in 2007. I don't know if the number is right, but if it is, there is probably still some room for 2007, especially if you take into account cancellations.

Then again, my vin is 4141, although others are still receiving lower VINs now, so I wonder how many they have actually delivered out of the 10,000 projected.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
richm said:
I spoke to a Pontiac dealer who said they had 200+ deposits and are now taking 2009 orders, unless, of course, you pay $5000 over, so this is just part of the dealer "game."

I live in an affluent area, and my Saturn dealer has received nearly one hundred $500 deposits (at one point, I was #73 in line, and I actually saw the numbered stack of order forms). However, because many people here can drop $500 easily, we are finding LOTS of cancellations every month when the cars come in, because they change their mind, or now they want to wait for a Redline. Therefore, with all of these cancellations, Saturn has to believe that a significant percentage of their "orders" are not very firm.

Two weeks ago, my dealer told me that there are a total of 6000 Skys accounted for nationwide out of the 10,000 expected to be delivered in 2007. I don't know if the number is right, but if it is, there is probably still some room for 2007, especially if you take into account cancellations.

Then again, my vin is 4141, although others are still receiving lower VINs now, so I wonder how many they have actually delivered out of the 10,000 projected.
These people should look around my dealer will still get more 2007. And will probably have one GXP left if he gets 4 like he was told by the district manager, that was how many he'll be getting the district manager said.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
snaponbob said:
My Saturn dealer says that they may start taking 2008 orders soon as they feel that the 2007 run is completely sold out. They have told their staff to NOT take orders on any more 2007s and that there is no longer a waiting list for 2007s.

How 'bout THAT?:eek: :eek:
they say they "FEEL" that they are sold out for the 2007 model year... that is BS, there will end up being more 2007's than any other year for one reason... the sales of the 2007 models are going to run for over a full year, since they normally start production in june for the next model year, and they started producton of the 2007 sky's in February of 2006 that gives them a whole year and 4 months of production... I heard they are already in the 7,000 on vin's, So does that mean they will only build 3,000 more for the 2007 model year??? I doubt it... I bet they will end up closer to 15,000 for the 2007 model year including redlines...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts