Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their dual solo exhaust tips for larger diameter? Just installed the shorty mach exhaust, sounds good but disappointed in the small tips, thinking 3 in or 3.5 in to fill the exhaust valance cutouts. Am thinking magna flow may have been better choice, not sure why Solo doesn't use a slip fit or larger tips..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will keep the movement in mind and no unfortunately not close to them, I am located in southeast Missouri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob I checked and it actually has 3in tips which is fine, yes tried to keep everything loose until positioned and they are centered left to right but just seems like they hang alittle low, need to be tucked up another inch or inch and a half. First warm day I will loosen everything back up and play around with it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Might be easier of you have someone holding the tips where you want them while you tighten the clamps. I smiled when you said that you are going to wait for a warm day 'cause around here that could take 3 or 4 months yet. ;-)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did this exact change. You need to either really carefully cut the weld from the exiting tip/pipe or cut directly through the exhaust pipe behind the tip and get a slightly longer exhaust tip.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Solo has TONS of tips available. Call them and they should fix you up. Keep in mind that if the tips are too big as the exhaust moves around it's going to hit the valance. You don't list your location, are you near one of their stores?

https://shop-solo-performance.com/en/18-exhaust-tips
How do tips change the exhaust note. It seems to me that by the time it gets to the tips, everything that would change the note is already past!!!:willy::willy:

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
How do tips change the exhaust note. It seems to me that by the time it gets to the tips, everything that would change the note is already past!!!:willy::willy:
They don't. This thread is purely about the visual.

·
Registered
759 Posts
They don't. This thread is purely about the visual.
OK, but someone on the other thread recommended the tips. In fact, post #1 mentions that they "sounded good". So, they dont sound good, just look good????

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
I think you misread the post. He said that the exhaust he installed sounds good, but he doesn't like the size of the tips.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think you misread the post. He said that the exhaust he installed sounds good, but he doesn't like the size of the tips.
You are absolutely right. It can be read either way and I took the wrong fork. I hope there is a turnaround at the end of this fork..........:willy::willy::willy:

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
You are absolutely right. It can be read either way and I took the wrong fork. I hope there is a turnaround at the end of this fork..........:willy::willy::willy:
There isn't, but you can slam it into reverse and no one will ever know the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts