Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked www.autotrader.com today and there are 178 Pontiac dealers with new Solstices for sale. Some individual dealers listing as many as 7. I called a few to check them out and most have the cars available......for a premium over MSRP. That sounds to me like the pipeline is getting filled, or the demand is not that great, or folks are waiting for the dealers to stop packing the price. If that is the case, Willmington should have no problem switching over to the Sky come January. My Saturn dealer took a deposit from me guaranteeing the MRSP, but another local Saturn dealer said they would take a deposit but the price would be in excess of the MRSP.

·
Registered
245 Posts
now, i have to ask... how do you put a deposit down, and ask for msrp, withOUT sounding like a jerk? you can't really go in and be like "here's my money, and I want this car at MSRP otherwise i'll rip your head off!" ... so how's a NICE way to ask?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't ask. The dealer offered. He said we don't have firm prices from GM yet, so it will be at MRSP. He filled out the order form and in the price block he put "at MRSP". He took a limit of ten orders that way. Keep in mind that the deposit was for $500 X 10 + $5000 cash to work with for ??? until delivery. I wouldn't have any problem feeling like a jerk to ask for MSRP though any more than the dealers are to pack the price..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I just told him that some pontiac dealers were selling above msrp and if he thought they would do that. He said no. Was pretty painless but I could just as easily see a dealer say "yep, pay it or I sell it to the next guy on the list who is willing to and you can wait till this cools off and then pay msrp"

don't worry about being a jerk, its your money and like skyfan said -- do you think they feel like jerks when the take you msrp+ for the car?

·
Registered
149 Posts
skyfan said:
...He took a limit of ten orders that way. Keep in mind that the deposit was for $500 X 10 + $5000 cash to work with for ???...
skyfan; You lost me with the math unless you mean $500 X 10 =$5000. Even so, most dealers I've heard about don't cash the check until the car comes in. What sort of market adjustment (premium over MSRP) have you read or know about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts