Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GREAT ROAD TEST ON THE KAPPA CAR...

WOULD LOVE TO TAKE MY SKY ON THIS ROAD TEST....

TWO PARTS....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks for the videos... I want that guys job.

I guess this is from a car show across the Pacific.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
:lol:

"this doesn't feel like the American cars I know... ...it's easy to drive..."

and

"...I was not expecting much today but this proves the high standard of American sports car design... ...this is truly a good car [motions to Solstice]
I was surprised. The Solstice is cheaper than the [MX-5] Roadster and faster. The Pontiac definitely came out on top today...."

-Keiichi Tsuchiya, the "Drift King" of Japan

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Great video:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
KappaMan said:
"...The Pontiac definitely came out on top today...."

I know right, and he said he would buy one if the wheel was on the right...

It may be just a loose observation but I find it funny that American reviewers seem so insistent on keeping with the foreign Mazda when put against the Kappas, yet here is a reviewer who should be partial to the Mazda and yet feel fine saying they liked the Pontiac more.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great Video

I bet the sky would perform just a bit better...

·
Registered
994 Posts
GREAT ROAD TEST ON THE KAPPA CAR...

WOULD LOVE TO TAKE MY SKY ON THIS ROAD TEST....

TWO PARTS....

Yes. Great vids. You can see what I mean about the shifter jiggling. Gotta love youtube:) Have you seen the videos of the college kids putting Mentos in the diet coke bottles to make rockets? I wonder what the chemical conversion is for that.

·
Registered
55 Posts

"this doesn't feel like the American cars I know... ...it's easy to drive..."

and

"...I was not expecting much today but this proves the high standard of American sports car design... ...this is truly a good car [motions to Solstice]
I was surprised. The Solstice is cheaper than the [MX-5] Roadster and faster. The Pontiac definitely came out on top today...."

Woah, woah, woah - Keiichi Tsuchiya said THAT?! - holy boost pressure levels batman!!! - I needs me one of these NOW!

And for those who don't know, Keiichi Tsuchiya is pretty much god's gift to the steering wheel in Japan and has many times been called the "Japanese Mario Andretti" and he's the "Father" of Drifting

Later Edit: LOL @ Drifting the last turn in Pt. 2 with the Solstice (2:26 into the film for pt. 2)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Woah, woah, woah - Keiichi Tsuchiya said THAT?! - holy boost pressure levels batman!!! - I needs me one of these NOW!

And for those who don't know, Keiichi Tsuchiya is pretty much god's gift to the steering wheel in Japan and has many times been called the "Japanese Mario Andretti" and he's the "Father" of Drifting

Later Edit: LOL @ Drifting the last turn in Pt. 2 with the Solstice (2:26 into the film for pt. 2)
Man, I thought I was the only one that recognized that name. :lol: Amazing comments, when Tsuchiya-san essentially says GM should sell this car in Japan, and that he might buy one if it were right hand drive....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man, I thought I was the only one that recognized that name. :lol: Amazing comments, when Tsuchiya-san essentially says GM should sell this car in Japan, and that he might buy one if it were right hand drive....
LOL nah man I've been in the drift scene and dealing with Japanese FR's for a while now - since I saw my first Initial D fansub on VHS back in '97 or so lol, I have an RPS13 right now - As soon as I can find a Redline in a dealership, I'll sell my 240 for whatever I need for a down payment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts