Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
...But the biggest reason the Miata took this one is the simple fact that it's 10 billion times more fun to drive....
So, maybe Mazda should charge $230,000,000,000,000.00 for the MX-5, then.

(that's 230 Trillion...)

:rolleyes:

Nope. No overstatement there, no exaggeration....

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Apparently it's so fun to drive they're sitting on dealer lots with incentives of up to $3k off already. :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Why spend more for a foreign made product when you help your own by buying American! Now I can do this and get a better looking product too.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Delnari said:
Why spend more for a foreign made product when you help your own by buying American! Now I can do this and get a better looking product too.
I don't really care who builds my car as long as it is designed and built well! I must say though that of the North American Cars built I have been suprised at that have major components built in Japan or else where. Just because it says GM on it don't mean it was completely made in North America.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Delnari said:
There's a whole big can of worms we can open here about outsourcing and trade policy, but let's avoid it if we can... You can't hate the japanese for being very successful at making great cars; it would be more productive to push for things like investment in engineering education etc... in the US to get american companies to be more competitive than it would be to boycott foreign cars and buy low-quality american models only on the basis of their origin.

Oh, and don't forget who owns Mazda... Ford.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Maybe GM will fix a few of the "problem areas" prior to the Sky's production. They could fix several of the more common complaints easily and with little cost to the consumer (or even offer different packages, ie 350Z). Either way, the Sol/Sky is already good enough for the current price. MHO :cheers:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Maybe GM will fix a few of the "problem areas" prior to the Sky's production. They could fix several of the more common complaints easily and with little cost to the consumer (or even offer different packages, ie 350Z). Either way, the Sol/Sky is already good enough for the current price. MHO :cheers:
They better get a few more Sols on the road to help find problems! There isn't a very big sample yet to find any trends with, unless they are REALLY major. (and if they are, they certainly should be fixed for the Sky if at all possible in the timeframe remaining).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts